Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Good afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Thanks for reports. I've learned about this just few hours ago. It's my fault, I've send wrong files to Neige Noire who created the installer. Sorry.

It needs a quick fix, but let's wait few more days, maybe there are other similarly annoying errors to be fixed, and we would like to avoid releasing few even-quicker fixes.
    Hey WC, returning to the problem we had with the CTD while the "file_first = true" was active in the config file, I scanned a few files and folders... what I found out is that some files referred to in the text files are indeed missing from my installation - an example: ancillary "beg of urgench" refers to the ui pic beg.tga, which just doesn't show in the ancillaries folder

Could it be that these missing files were in fact missing from the installer???

Perhaps you'll need to create a new installer making sure that all files and folders are in place.

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Hi there,
    currently playing with Oman and after taking Muscat and recruiting several units (to take Sur) I am supposed to loose about 1500 gold every turn (says my financial report) so I should go into negative treasury. BUT in stead of this, the amount of gold is added so my treasury goes up again, it seems that I cannot go into negative treasury. I hope you can understand what I mean, the first time this happened was the first turn I was supposed to go into the minus (negative) and the further turns (with about -(minus)1500 gold every turn) the computer adds it so my positive treasury goes up again. I have played BC 2.02 and a lot of other mods, but thats strange and never happened to so far.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Strange. I've quickly checked it and in 9 turns I'm on -11555.

Have you modified 2.3 anyhow?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Nope, nothing modified, just a clean BC 2.3. I will try a new campaign with Oman and other factions to see if its a "unique" issue or shows up again in other campaigns and will report back.

Edit: Just tried out different factions (Armenia, Georgia, Abbassids, Oman, Makuria, Seljuks) and the problem lies in sieging a town/castle. Every time when I lay siege on a town/castle( from the second turn, not the first turn you start the siege) something strange happens with the finances, cause I get more money as I should (it has nothing to do with negative treasury). I couldnt figure out how much more, its always different from faction to faction, but from the amount of gold it seems that the wages and corruption and other are also added as income (just a guess from the gold I get "to much"). When I lift the siege again all turns back to normal and I get (or not when negative income) just the gold I should. Starting siege again and the issue goes on again. Really strange, I hope you have any idea whats wrong here.
    Last edited by Northman75; May 06, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

I'm investigating this, and I know already that it's because broken Raider's Loot script. Why it is broken, I have no idea yet, but I'll find out and let you know. Thank you for this very important finding.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    • UI-BUG (reinforcements window)
    • What faction, what unit(s)?
    • Khwarezmshahs
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments?
    • As should be discernable from the screenshot, the UI for the reinforcements is completely messed up. Furthermore, They can't be issued any orders (cursor remains in "invalid position" mode) when the reinforcing army is selected)
    • Provide Screenshot.

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any ideas?

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Thank you for report. The glitch will be fixed in a patch for 2.3.

Here is how my screen looks like when I clicked on Mongols -allyellowish-
    The problem doesnt last after reopenig game until clicking again.

Edit: couldnt upload the screen cap but it was in custom battle menu.
    Last edited by yls3431; May 07, 2011 at 07:42 AM.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Turn 120 - abbasids campaign.

Factions like Oman, Makuria do not expand.. they stay frozen for like 100 turns.. I had to raid 2 oman cities and kill their factionleader.. before they started to move again.

Generals wont die of old age (not one!!)

The Mongols walk very weird since they arrive.. keep going back and forwards and make almost no progress at all!!

Armenians have 4 full stacks at their capital but they do not move..

Some factions have 500.000 money but they dont do anything with it..

Here is my save file + some pictures so you guys can find out whats wrong
    Will and act until victory

Quote Originally Posted by yls3431 View Post
    Here is how my screen looks like when I clicked on Mongols -allyellowish-
    The problem doesnt last after reopenig game until clicking again.
    Provide a screenshot please, without it we have no idea about what is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Factions like Oman, Makuria do not expand.. they stay frozen for like 100 turns.. I had to raid 2 oman cities and kill their factionleader.. before they started to move again.
    That varies from campaign to campaign. They do not expand like KoJ or Khwarezmians, but they expand actually.
    Generals wont die of old age (not one!!)
    That's not a bug, too. That's because of age settings in descr_campaign.db. It's adjusted like that to allow bigger family trees (as there are more members of a family in vertical line, and age difference between male parent and child has to be 16).
    The Mongols walk very weird since they arrive.. keep going back and forwards and make almost no progress at all!!
    Yes, this is an issue, but requires more attention and will be addressed in next version.
    Armenians have 4 full stacks at their capital but they do not move..
    Weird, but maybe they are not in war with anyone right now. Halab is not original Armenian capital, so in fact they were moving until capturing it. I don't think there is anything to be worried about.
    Some factions have 500.000 money but they dont do anything with it..
    Yeah, that's something that needs to be changed. They don't spend it, because they probably have nothing to recruit or build anyway.

Thank you for your observations, Desley!

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Ah I forgot to report another bug..

Later in the game around turn 60+ it was very difficult to make diplomacy with the AI.

For trade rights I had to pay Armenia 45000gold.. and for a ceasefire with the georgians even more..

This is not a bug. If something there is a room for improvement, but this not an error.

Diplomacy depends on few factors, your global reputation is one of them, your military power is another... It may be that for a reason Armenia didn't recognize you as a worthy partner.

The picture for Omani Baghlah(sp?) ship is a peasent from Rtw.

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Don't know where this fits so I put it under gameplay bugs.

Gameplay
    .KoJ battle map victory music not there
    .always
    .N/A
    .KoJ
    .KoJ doesn't have any music for when they are victorious on the battle map
    .N/A

Also the Makurians don't have a war horn

• Weird pixelated "shadows" in some areas of the KOJ campaign map UI
    • Christian factions (KOJ, Georgia...)
    • I'm not sure if this is perceived as a bug by the rest of you; it's certainly not a gamebreaker - but it sure looks ugly ^^ Since this only occurs within the KOJ-type-UI (which, apart from this, looks terrific: great job!) and there only for some elements, I assume it is at least not intended. The effects are not as visible on the screenshot as ingame, look for the chivalry and piety icons and the top of the menu tabs to see what I'm talking about...
    • Provide Screenshot.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

I already posted this, it occurs on all factions. It has most likely to do with the UI files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Indeed - mea culpa. For me, however, it doesn't occur on all factions, like I described. Strange.

In my game KoJ, ERE, Armania and Georgia ( Iam not sure about Makuria) have that same problem.

Ibn Al-Quds's Avatar Libertus

• Missing sound files?
    • Ayyubids
    • When choosing to attack an army a Battle Deployment dialog comes up (which says for e.g enemy units sally forth), no music or any sound file playing just dead silence which rapes your enthusiasm
    • Provide Screenshot.
    • Sadly I cant post a print screen, it keeps capturing everything but the game screen

Oh and the music during any battle when playing as Muslim faction is pretty much static or there is a low variety, is there is a way to use BC2.02 music?
    Also Sultan Salah ad-Din is named to Yousuf? Salah ad-Din should be much better
    Last edited by Ibn Al-Quds; May 15, 2011 at 08:00 PM.

"War is deception" Mohammed PBUH

The Holy Quran القرآن الكريم