Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

please check the language version of your kingdoms expansion. Right click in explorer window on the kingdoms.exe in the M2TW folder and select "properties". Then look for "details". What is your language setting, english (UK), german, french...?

So you confirm that installing the game on a separate folder outside of C: Program file is not an issue

The Kingdoms.exe is english UK and the base game medieval.exe is also english UK.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; September 05, 2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Double post.
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

All right.

What are exact installation paths of your M2TW and Broken Crescent?

EDIT:

And most importantly: where's your bc_launch.bat?
    Last edited by wudang_clown; September 05, 2012 at 02:53 AM.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Medieval total war base game and Kingdom expansion is on C: on a separate folder (not in the default C : Sega\... folder

Broken Crescent is in C: M2TW\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms

The bc_launch batch file is in C: M2TW\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms

You've said Kingdoms is not working, but how did you try to launch it? By clicking on kingdoms.exe? Because that won't work, you have to choose one of Kingdoms's campaigns: Crusades, Britannia or else. Could you try it?

Interesting point you make. I tried looking for the various Kingdoms campaigns but could not find any except the kingdom.exe launcher which I mentioned does not work. Attached is screenshot of the installation drives.

Please see attachment.

You can launch Kingdoms campaigns either by running Launcher.exe (if you get Microsoft .NET Framework error, just ignore it, hit Continue button, then PLAY and choose a campaign) or by choosing it from SEGA directory that is placed in your Windows Start menu.

When ever I try to do either by launching the kingdom.exe or from the start button>>Sega>>Crusades I get the following error. Please see attachement

Could you compare language version of kingdoms.exe from your DVD with the one installed by the patch?

The 1.5 patch is english (US).

If your M2TW and your Kingdoms expansion are both English (UK), you have to apply English (UK) patch 1.5.

Do I just apply the UK patch on this or do I have uninstall the previous patch

Try to apply the patch now. We'll see.

Ok the patch has been applied and the good news is that the expansion games are now loading. But the bad news is that I still cant play BC. How do we make it happen. I guess the foundation is fine at the moment.

Could you attach here a screenshot of mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms content, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    I still cant play BC.
    What is the error message?

When I try to run using the Launcher in the M2TW folder I get the error in attached file 'Launcher'

When I try to run using the kingdoms.exe I get the error as attached in the file 'kingdom'

When I try to run using the bc_launch bat file in the mods folder I get the error in file attached 'bc_launch'

When I try to run using medieval.exe the base game starts without a fuss.

Here it is

And what is the purpose of having M2TW and MTW2_GAME directories? Do both of them contain installed M2TW + Kingdoms + Broken Crescent?

The M2TW is the folder where I have the BC 2.3 and the M2TW_Game is where the base game and the expansion is installed. I followed the instructions as given on the BC 2.3 download area on this forum