Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

I have been playing Broken crescent for allmost a year now. Never had any issues with BC 2.2 and BC 2.3, in fact they were the most stabile mods I have ever played. I had no crashes whatsoever. But when I installed both patches for BC 2.3, the patch 2.3.2 and patch 2.3.2.2 the game started to crash for reasons unknown. All I get is this message: "Medieval 2 : Total war encountered and unspecified error and will now exit". At first it happened a few times only in the same campaign but the problem is now getting worsening, I encounter a crash about every 3 turns. When I reload the game, sometimes it helps if I simply add a different unit or building in production queue or start a battle, and the game doesn't crash on that turn, but after a few new turns, the same crash happens again. It always chrashes when I press the "turn" button. It has become so anoying that the game has become almost unplayable.
    I could just start a new campaign to see if it would be any better, but you know how it is, you play for many hours to secure your position on the map and yu start making some money, then you defeat a faction or two and things become interesting and nobody likes to just quit that campaign and start another.

Any ideas? Is it a known bug?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

I'm moving this to proper section.

The idea is that you have to provide the log file, so I could check what's wrong. Information you gave isn't enough to solve the issue.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I'm sorry for putting the post in the wrong thread. OK here are the uploaded log files. May I just add that I have windows 7 and I don't have any other mods or submods installed, except for Stainless steel 6.4 mod. I'm playing the Kingdom of Jerusalem faction.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wgnuab
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0pruno
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ald9aa
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/c5bcgx
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2jv5zs
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wk3yl

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    I'm moving this to proper section.

The idea is that you have to provide the log file, so I could check what's wrong. Information you gave isn't enough to solve the issue.

No problem.

Could you load last working savegame and check what's the Ghurids situation? Are they on the brink of collapse? Is any other faction just about to lose?

I'm not sure about the Ghurids situation - they are far away from my crusader teritorry. When I had a spy and a diplomat there about a week ago, they had a large empire of more than 20 provinces and they almost destroyed the raiputs by then, but they were also under the attack by the Mongol empire, which was taking some cities away from them. I will send a spy there tommorrow and let you know the situation.

The faction that was losing badly all the time were the ayubids. I took all their lands to the north (damascus, Homs...), the Makurians took all of their provinces arround Cairo, then I took Medina and Mecca and all that remained was a province to the border with Oman, but that was also taken by the Omani empire so the Ayubids ceased to exist. All this time I experienced CTD's... I don't know if it has anything to do with it.
    The CTD's allways happen between turns, and I think at the same faction, when computer is calculating moves for factions. Tommorrow I will try to find out if it allways crashes at the same faction.

No problem.

Could you load last working savegame and check what's the Ghurids situation? Are they on the brink of collapse? Is any other faction just about to lose?

You can unveil whole map by switching off fog of war. Just open the console by pressing ~ button on your keyboard (you find it one the left side of 1) and enter toggle_fow and hit enter. You'll be able to see what's happening on the map. Normally, that spoils the game, but we need some info to solve the issue. We need to know whether there's a faction that is about to be destroyed.

Hi,

today I unveiled the map by switching FOW as you instructed me to do. I started the game from the last CTD, for which I allready sent you the log files.

This was the situation on the map. Ghurids have a large empire, absorbing most neighbours and fighting with the Mongols. There was a jihad and the Ghurids captured the mongol capital Merv. Ghurid neighbours, the Sindhi, Chaulan rajputs and Ghaznavids each control only one region, which means they lost all the rest.

To the west, the Romans hold only a few islands and their mainland was conquered by the Turks. Armenians are also in bad condition, holding only one province.

The Ayubids no longer exist.

The Kingdom of Georgia is expanding to the north and have a solid empire of about 20 provinces. They are currently under attack by the Turks.

I experienced another CDT after only 3 turns - on the 3 turn, when the computer was calculating the moves for the Kingdom of Georgia... At the time of this CDT the Turks besieged one Georgian city and one fort.

I hope this is of any help.

You can unveil whole map by switching off fog of war. Just open the console by pressing ~ button on your keyboard (you find it one the left side of 1) and enter toggle_fow and hit enter. You'll be able to see what's happening on the map. Normally, that spoils the game, but we need some info to solve the issue. We need to know whether there's a faction that is about to be destroyed.

Okay, I've made a small research and it made me to suspect that there is a faulty spawn script somewhere in campaign_script.txt. I've checked the file, then. It appeared that there is a tiny but possibly fatal mistake in garrison script that spawns units in Georgian settlements - one coma is missing.

This is a kind of error that is easy to make and overlook but extremely hard to find after a release, and even best available script validators can't help (the script has been checked in such a validator, and there was nothing wrong reported).

All I can do is sorry about the error possibly spoiling the game. I'll be reviewing garrison script for a couple of days, and then release another quickfix. I don't think there is a workaround for this, so I think you'll either have to wait or risk and play another campaign, hoping that CTD won't happen again.

Thank you very much for your work. I will be waiting for that quickfix. This mod is just too good to be spoiled by these annoying CTD's. BTW, I had another one 3 turns later, again when the computer calculated moves for Kingdom of Georgia. So it seems the problem is really with Kingdom of Georgia.

I also hope we will see new versions of the Broken Crescent. I can't wait for 2.4. The original MTW Kingdoms game was an uncut diamond, but with your mod, this game really shines. I love the period of crusades and your version of Kingdom of Jerusalem is simply the best ever made. The original Kingdoms Crusades campaign can hide behind BC KoJ...

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Okay, I've made a small research and it made me to suspect that there is a faulty spawn script somewhere in campaign_script.txt. I've checked the file, then. It appeared that there is a tiny but possibly fatal mistake in garrison script that spawns units in Georgian settlements - one coma is missing.

This is a kind of error that is easy to make and overlook but extremely hard to find after a release, and even best available script validators can't help (the script has been checked in such a validator, and there was nothing wrong reported).

All I can do is sorry about the error possibly spoiling the game. I'll be reviewing garrison script for a couple of days, and then release another quickfix. I don't think there is a workaround for this, so I think you'll either have to wait or risk and play another campaign, hoping that CTD won't happen again.

On behalf of the team, thank you for you kind words.

Umm....
    I have posted my issue in page 9(bottom) over a week ago (following the template) and I haven't received any answer yet.....

Sorry for a huge delay.

Could you check if anything on that list could be the source of your problem?

Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the BC release thread? Yes
    Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)? No
    What is the size of your install file? Part 1: 986 MB, Part 2: 530 MB. Part 3: 689 MB
    What is you operating system? Windows Vista
    What language version of the game do you have? English
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!): I click on the part 1 installer, and at the bottom of the screen flashes the setup tab then it disappears and nothing happens. When I tried running it as an administrator it just froze and didn't do anything.
    Provide Screen shot if applicable

Just wait patiently for few minutes, your machine needs some time to process all the files in the package, thus the "freeze".

Hi, just two small bugs.

1. You can have two roads in the city of Mashhad. When I conquered it, I could build dirt roads, although there were some already.

2. Minor text bug in the Kara-Khitai Bowmen description: right now they are from a "kindgom", not from a kingdom.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

Thanks, I've noted them down.

Playing as the Eastern Roman Empire and I get a repeatable CTD when I try to defend Seleukeia.
    It happens both when I attack the besieging army with an army from outside and when I just wait for them to attack my settlement.

I am playing with RBBR and the No AoR submod by Soulblade, though I don't think it is relevant here.

I uploaded the savegame: Attachment 225612

It would be better if you attached BC log. I won't be able to recreate it, because you are using submods, and my installation is modified, so there may be other interference in play.

Here is the system log:

Attachment 226098

I think the problem has to do with one of the Armenian units. Every time I try to fight that army I get a CTD, doesn't matter which one of my armies I use. So maybe it is EDU problem, but I am not that experienced.

By the way, how can I refresh my system log? It ignores some of my M2-mods.
    Last edited by Moritol; June 11, 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Attacked by Armenia, not Georgia.

HELP i started to play georgian campaing i had 15000 cash but expenss was 2500 even if did nothing i even dismissed majority of the army but the expenss was still huge is this kind of bug? if sin's can anyone help me cause i frequently lose money no matter what i do (sorry for english hope you understand)