Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Windows 7. AUC? ... been reading the others posts ... AUC or UAC lol scared me!!!

ok now I am officially confused about the order of the installation. My understanding of what needs to be done is the following:

1) install the 3 parts of BC 2.3
    2) the 2.3.3 patch
    3) then the 2.3.2.2 quick fix

and based on what you are saying I dont/wont need 2321 parts 1 & 2?

Correct?

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

you need

a) parts 1,2,3 of BC 2.3
    b) 2.3.2 patch
    c) 2.3.2.2 quickfix

it's quite easy, just download all the filesin these posts and simply follow the instructions. as for the second part of 2.3, i don't have any problems download it. if i find some free time i will try to upload them in torrent.

Dammit, now I have it installed but not sure how to launch it. I keep launching the regular game and not BC.

I read something about a bat. file .... is that it?? Where/how do I add the BC.exe to the MTW2 menu??

sorry for repetitive question.

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t
    I also got crashes when trying to play a battle with the Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen. The log said the texture was missing. This was a clean 2.3.2.2 install.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMK View Post
    Have you searched for the texture? Is it there in your BC mod files?
    The textures are there. The log no longer says anything about them (or maybe I didn't see it - I searched for "error".). However, the unit still causes the game to crash when I enter a battle. It's the only unit in the game that causes this problem. The meshes are there, the textures are there, and what's more, the Italian Mercenaries (levy_md_axemen) use the exact same textures and sprite

59 unit_models/_Units/levy/textures/levy_md_brigandine.texture
    66 unit_models/_Units/levy/textures/levy_md_brigandine_normal.texture
    49 unit_sprites/milan_Genoese_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr

and I can fight a battle with them without problems.

Can others use the Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen in battles?

"Dammit, now I have it installed but not sure how to launch it. I keep launching the regular game and not BC."

Use the BC shortcut on the desktop.

I fixed the problem. It was the animation, not the model. I don't know why, since I didn't touch the animation. I put the animation of the Levantine Crossbowmen instead and I can use the unit now. The Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen don't have a pavise either in their hands or strapped to their backs yet the animation was that of a pavise unit with a shield.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!) - CTD after few turns in campaign.
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue) - Yes. Autosave and manual save.
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game - Its a)
    • What is you operating system - Windows 7
    • What language version of the game do you have? - German
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? - Right now 1181, but that wasnīt the first time a CTD occured.
    • What faction do you play? - Ghorids.
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments) - The Roman Empire
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): Game crashed after some turns (8?) the first time. Didnīt continue, and when I played the next day (started the computer up again) I was able to continue. Some turns later (current turn 21) it CTDs again in year turn. Playing as Ghorids. Starting the campaign again without restarting the computer ends with the same CTD.
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rzoqgc

I have installed the patch for this, and it still glitches on me. It happens right after turn 121. I am playing as Jerusalem, and i should be gaining 10k+ money a turn, instead i lose over 50k a turn. I tried using the code to add money and it keeps telling me that it does not recognize that faction, i've tried jerusalem, latins, even christians lol. Can you help me out? would greatly appreciate it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_1_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_2_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_3_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_4_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_8_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_12_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_13_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_17_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.361 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    19:57:11.361 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    19:57:11.425 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    19:57:12.001 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It appears that one of the traits is not working properly. Turn Fog of War off and see exactly what is happening when the CTD occurs.

Here's a link to the thread of someone who had the exact same message: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-bik-Pause-on

The internal name of the Kingdom of Jerusalem is france. Are you sure you installed everything properly? Have a look at your log.

add_money france 40000

Thank you very much, that works. I'll try to reinstall the patch and play another faction, but for now this will do to counter the profit loss. And i should have thought of France sooner, thanks again.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_1_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_2_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_3_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_4_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_8_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_12_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_13_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.360 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lesser_General_Adoption_17_VnV_Trigger> fired
    19:57:11.361 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    19:57:11.361 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    19:57:12.001 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It appears that one of the traits is not working properly. Turn Fog of War off and see exactly what is happening when the CTD occurs.

Here's a link to the thread of someone who had the exact same message: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-bik-Pause-on

The internal name of the Kingdom of Jerusalem is france. Are you sure you installed everything properly? Have a look at your log.

add_money france 40000
    I canīt. It wonīt let me save the loaded game now, it instantly CTDs.

I also get the same CTD if I try to select a settlement option in Custom Battles.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; March 01, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Hello

can someone help me out plz????

I am a big fan of broken crescent. I read those threads how to download broken crescent and tried all sort of things but still its not working properly.

I am completely new to broken crescent, so where should I start from? can some one give me a link that i have to download in order to play broken crescent.

I already have medieval 2: total war and kingdoms. so what should be my next step?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-AND-!DOWNLOAD!

Did you download it and install it in the correct order? You should be posting in the thread above.

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

Hi there,
    after I installed broken crescent and when I tried to play it it said ''cannot find kingdoms.exe'' and then it quits. Later on I checked to see if I had the most recent version of m2tw along with kingdoms and I do and I'm wondering if I need to install it in a different place?

um, odd error, whenver i end my turn it seems an army of well lol cant remember the faction name but its the one below egypt, an army of theirs keeps going into a fort and out, into a fort and out. and so the turn keeps waiting and waiting and all they do is go back in and out in and out. tried different factions and everytrhing and still nothing. and yes of course playing as that faction will make it go away but i want to play as Crusaders..

I just wanted to confirm this bug, with the "hemp" (actually dyes) in Samarqand, it's in the desert so no merchant can access it, you can just move it a little, I hope it is not difficult. And the 3 resources in Yazz, they are too close to the city and because the A.I. likes to leave armies hanging around outside the city, they often drive your merchants away from their resources, please move them a little further away.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=482934 - can't find kingdoms.exe
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11624829 - same

You can change the position of the resources in descr_strat -> D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

It's one of the things I intend to do in my submod.

Turn off Follow AI Movement or use the console to move their army.

Civis

Georgian campaign 76th turn

what f@@k is this? I tried several times, but same.

Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the BC release thread? Yeah.
    • Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)? It made it to the end.
    • What is the size of your install file? 986 Mo if you're talking about Part 1
    • What is you operating system? W7
    • What language version of the game do you have? French
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!): The game won't start (asking for kingdoms.exe) + the Broken Crescent directory does not exist (I tried to check what was missing and I discovered that) ! (yet, the game installed itself in it (Broken_Crescent_kingdoms)... ?)

SOLVED !
    Last edited by Green Partizan; May 17, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

problem solved by reinstalling
    Last edited by J3llyf1sh; May 22, 2013 at 02:14 PM.