Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Ikko-Ikki

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=482934 - can't find kingdoms.exe
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11624829 - same
    You can change the position of the resources in descr_strat -> D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    It's one of the things I intend to do in my submod.
    Turn off Follow AI Movement or use the console to move their army.
    I'd like to see them included in the next version, yeah, it would be better than a tiny submod just for placing the resources in better places. Anyway, it's nothing too bad. Patience. I have two more bugs to report, I hope nobody else has already. First it's the unit Turkoman Horse Archers, their horses are all wrong. Like made of ice, in this screenshot they look a bit silver-grey but when it is sunny they are so shiny! It's funny but... Not very realistic. I don't know if it is due to some sub-mod, I doubt it. Any solutions?

The second one is a building tree problem, in Mitankot for some reason the Farms building tree appears twice, as you can see in the screenshot. Again, I imagine this can be fixed easily, how though? I am such a noob, I know.

Ikko-Ikki

crash during the turn change 58 to 59 the campaign im playing is with kingdom of jerusalem

Ikko-Ikki

Quote Originally Posted by satensan View Post
    crash during the turn change 58 to 59 the campaign im playing is with kingdom of jerusalem

Yes, is repeatable...i have save my game during the 58th turn i try to play it again, but it won't work
    year; 1202 dc, winter....turn: transition 58 to 59 ...it happend during the strategy map
    windows 7
    english, steam
    1202 dc winter
    kingdom of jerusalem
    well, kingdom of jerusalem, during the fourth crusade, i believe the CTD have something to do with the script of this period of the game
    just like an extra comment, i found out that it happend also with the roman empire campaign during 58th turn

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Have you applied 2.3.2.2 patch before starting your campaign?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ikko-Ikki

yes i have!!!
    i did it during the installation of the mod....
    and after i finish of installing everything i start playing it

baradona's Avatar Munifex

I just downloaded this game today and i have windows 8 but the game crashes to desktop when immediately when it starts. What's the problems here you got any solutions?

Libertus

Hi,

I got Medieval 2 gold, installed patch 1.5, then BC 2.3. then 2.32 and the quickfix. When i try to start i get the error: Wrong disc inerted. Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD. Is that a known problem? Got any fix for that?
    I am running a 64 bit Win 7 system.
    The BC xymbol on the desktp doesnt look like it should be btw, looks like to wheels - do i need a special programm to start a .bat file? I am lost here guys. please help.

Thanks in advance

Libertus

ah, yeah, its german gold edition - if that may be the source of the problem

sorry for double post, couldnt find an editing option

Libertus

posts can be deleted. found a work around.

RubiconDecision's Avatar Sagittarius

Looking at the ongoing issue with custom battle reinforcements and with regular reinforcements during the campaign, isn't the issue related to problems with either the battle.sd.xml or the battle.sd.sd files? I noticed the problem right away during both cases, then looked in the /ui/southern_european/inferface folder and found that the three files normally there were missing: battlepage_01.tga, battlepage_02.tga, and battlepage_03.tga. It isn't that they are necessarily missing, as perhaps the bd.sd.xml file calls from the vanilla battlepage_01.tga file. I did try to place existing battlepage_01.tga, battlepage_02.tga, and battlepage_03.tga files...to no effect.

It looks like there's an error between how the battle.sd.xml file calls the icon from the battlepage_01.tga, as this tga is where the missing "shootout mode" and checkbox come from. It might be a very simple configuration parameter.

battle.sd.xml code
    <sprite index="138" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="442" bottom="461" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="139" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="442" bottom="461" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="140" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="462" bottom="481" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="141" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="462" bottom="481" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="142" name="TIME_CONTROL_DISABLED" page="0" left="485" right="509" top="444" bottom="468" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="143" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="482" bottom="501" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="144" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="482" bottom="501" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="145" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_ICON" page="0" left="441" right="451" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="146" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_ICON" page="0" left="452" right="462" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="147" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_ICON" page="0" left="463" right="473" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="148" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_TEST_ICON" page="0" left="463" right="473" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    </sprites>

These are the code lines and probably some of these are incorrect like the SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_ICON.

You probably already know the issue, just haven't had time to deal with a new revision, but in case you didn't know, maybe this might be helpful? I wish I knew how to program the interface as it's probably a minor change to make this work.

On an unrelated note, have you considered giving the starting leaders and/or heirs with princess marriage traits in the descr_strat? In other words, wouldn't it make sense to give Yusuf din_Ayyub WifeIsNoble 3, WifeIsWise 2, WifeIsFertile 3, WifeIsCharming 3, or somesuch? By giving these initial traits to the leadership, then their offspring will begin inheriting those traits sooner. That may be significant to help some or all of the factions. Note that I haven't seen any mod do that, but this actually seems like an oversight because of course these were probably nobility in history and would have resulted in good (and bad) traits from the initial marriages. Without those traits to inherit, then the princesses will begin with lower charm as they're only inheriting from their fathers.

EDIT1:
    I tried many things to help correct the missing elements of reinforcements, but to little effect. The shootout mode button is missing, but still there in the correct region. Likewise hovering over the "blank" general portrait results in some feedback of their remaining army health. Replacing the battlepage_01.tga in each of the interface folders resulted in the shootout mode icon appearing.

It's clear that there's an error in how the MTW2.Int is set up, and how the various menus are setup for custom battles. That's likely why the fort must be chosen, then is immediately removed, but then appears when the culture is chosen. Someone skilled in making menus might seen why those things are no working. Within the custom battle menu, commanding the AI reinforcements makes such a minor change as to easily missed, and hopefully corrected with 2.4.

This is a great mod, very enjoyable to play.

EDIT2: I believe that the battlepage_01.tga only needs to be in the southern_european folder to work closer to what you intended, and I believe that it's unnecessary to create folders in the other ui cultures folders. I believe this based upon looking at other mods that alter their ui. It may be that duplication is part of the problem.

I literally know nothing on configuring a ui, a menu, or the various sd.xml files that get generated. I do know now that there's a tool for error checking sd files, but it's beyond my current understanding. That tool can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-SD-mod-tool

It might be that running the BC programs that are in the SD.XML format through this tool will reveal errors and help the mod team get the menus and ui to work correctly in BC 2.4.

'Hope this information is helpful.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; February 18, 2014 at 01:41 AM.
    In Bushido, your depth of being honorable and chivalrous is about what you do and say, not what you watch on the cinema screen or play on a computer. Real chivalry is about how you treat those who are not like yourself, and in learning the customs of another, and in defending those who are not like you. Anyone can silently protect the staus quo, and that is largely the measure of being craven, the antithesis of chivalry. In saying "Jap Samurai", you defame those who you simultaneously ascribe to emulate. In saying Jap history, you denigrate those who lived by Bushido. In sterotyping Japs, you prove yourself without an education, usually an essential aspect of chivalry. I mock anyone who proclaims to honor soldiers in history, but then fails to honor the soldiers by risking the courage to be chivalrous. Why is the pejorative term Jap, a term offensive to people of Japanese ancestry, allowed at the TWCenter?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?596218-Why-is-the-pejorative-term-Jap-allowed-at-the-TWCenter

Hall of Shame for bigoted posts

Vanoi
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10592921
    "Harsh? I think brutal is a better word for the Japanese."

Chukada1
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10599657
    "Japanese military is a subset of Japanese people now. Since all Japanese soldiers were conscripted or ended up being conscripted from the Japanese civilian, we can agree that the IJA only conscripted those Japanese people who are of a certain subset [obviously - thats how conscription works], probably the ones that like to commit murder and rape of women and children."
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10599769
    "Since you argue that the IJA was only a subset of Japan. I said that they must have only conscripted the subset of Japanese people who like to force men to rape their daughters."

I Wug Pugs
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12809809
    Who are we kidding; hate speech? I doubt the last people to espouse to bushido as a general belief would even bother to recognize that those they raped, murdered, attempted biological warfare on, starved or enslaved were even people. So I can't really say that bushidoists could use hate speech since they viewed everyone else as subhuman. What's it like subscribing to a doctrine that justified behavior on par with the worst of the Nazi and Stalinist measures? Shamefur dispray indeed!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12834974
    ^An extremely long rant in which I Wug Pugs discusses all of the problems with Japan and the samurai while also denigrating all medieval nobility as well!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12849525
    "All black people steal from the whiteman, this is just more elaborate. We were warned in 2008! "

Here we have an apologist for the practice of taking Japanese heads to use as ashtrays in WW2:
    Smedley Butler
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10614625
    "It is not racism , is called war. The japanese had it coming, for the Batan Death March, Wake , Pearl Harbor, Rape of Nanking just for some. Oh, lets not forget about the japanese 32nd medical bn who performed experiments on the allied forces. So, before you call it any one racist have all the facts."

Claudius Gothicus
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10615191
    "When the Government bombards a War weary soldier with this:
    and then said ''Murdering Japs'' turn out to be doing things such as this:

then for the average G.I. it turns into an easy equation: ''Sub-human ers kill our boys, well then they don't deserve any kind of respect''."

Sphere talking about collecting Japanese heads as ashtrays:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10615221
    "Convienence. Have you tried collecting them nowadays? Talk about red tape. Hopefully we got enough stored up to last until the next war."

Libertus

when i try to lunch it starts and then crashes and says can not find kingdoms.exe??

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread Information