Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=482934 - can't find kingdoms.exe
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11624829 - same
    You can change the position of the resources in descr_strat -> D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    It's one of the things I intend to do in my submod.
    Turn off Follow AI Movement or use the console to move their army.
    I'd like to see them included in the next version, yeah, it would be better than a tiny submod just for placing the resources in better places. Anyway, it's nothing too bad. Patience. I have two more bugs to report, I hope nobody else has already. First it's the unit Turkoman Horse Archers, their horses are all wrong. Like made of ice, in this screenshot they look a bit silver-grey but when it is sunny they are so shiny! It's funny but... Not very realistic. I don't know if it is due to some sub-mod, I doubt it. Any solutions?

The second one is a building tree problem, in Mitankot for some reason the Farms building tree appears twice, as you can see in the screenshot. Again, I imagine this can be fixed easily, how though? I am such a noob, I know.

crash during the turn change 58 to 59 the campaign i´m playing is with kingdom of jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by satensan View Post
    crash during the turn change 58 to 59 the campaign i´m playing is with kingdom of jerusalem

Yes, is repeatable...i have save my game during the 58th turn i try to play it again, but it won't work
    year; 1202 dc, winter....turn: transition 58 to 59 ...it happend during the strategy map
    windows 7
    english, steam
    1202 dc winter
    kingdom of jerusalem
    well, kingdom of jerusalem, during the fourth crusade, i believe the CTD have something to do with the script of this period of the game
    just like an extra comment, i found out that it happend also with the roman empire campaign during 58th turn

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Have you applied 2.3.2.2 patch before starting your campaign?

Under the patronage of m_1512

yes i have!!!
    i did it during the installation of the mod....
    and after i finish of installing everything i start playing it

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I just downloaded this game today and i have windows 8 but the game crashes to desktop when immediately when it starts. What's the problems here you got any solutions?

Hi,

I got Medieval 2 gold, installed patch 1.5, then BC 2.3. then 2.32 and the quickfix. When i try to start i get the error: Wrong disc inerted. Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD. Is that a known problem? Got any fix for that?
    I am running a 64 bit Win 7 system.
    The BC xymbol on the desktp doesnt look like it should be btw, looks like to wheels - do i need a special programm to start a .bat file? I am lost here guys. please help.

Thanks in advance

ah, yeah, its german gold edition - if that may be the source of the problem

sorry for double post, couldnt find an editing option

posts can be deleted. found a work around.

Looking at the ongoing issue with custom battle reinforcements and with regular reinforcements during the campaign, isn't the issue related to problems with either the battle.sd.xml or the battle.sd.sd files? I noticed the problem right away during both cases, then looked in the /ui/southern_european/inferface folder and found that the three files normally there were missing: battlepage_01.tga, battlepage_02.tga, and battlepage_03.tga. It isn't that they are necessarily missing, as perhaps the bd.sd.xml file calls from the vanilla battlepage_01.tga file. I did try to place existing battlepage_01.tga, battlepage_02.tga, and battlepage_03.tga files...to no effect.

It looks like there's an error between how the battle.sd.xml file calls the icon from the battlepage_01.tga, as this tga is where the missing "shootout mode" and checkbox come from. It might be a very simple configuration parameter.

battle.sd.xml code
    <sprite index="138" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="442" bottom="461" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="139" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="442" bottom="461" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="140" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="462" bottom="481" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="141" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="462" bottom="481" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="142" name="TIME_CONTROL_DISABLED" page="0" left="485" right="509" top="444" bottom="468" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="143" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="400" right="419" top="482" bottom="501" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="144" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_SELECTED_BUTTON_IMAGE" page="0" left="420" right="439" top="482" bottom="501" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="145" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_AGGRESSIVE_ICON" page="0" left="441" right="451" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="146" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_DEFENSIVE_ICON" page="0" left="452" right="462" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="147" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_ICON" page="0" left="463" right="473" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    <sprite index="148" name="SUPPORT_ARMY_TEST_ICON" page="0" left="463" right="473" top="483" bottom="493" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    </sprites>

These are the code lines and probably some of these are incorrect like the SUPPORT_ARMY_SHOOTOUT_ICON.

You probably already know the issue, just haven't had time to deal with a new revision, but in case you didn't know, maybe this might be helpful? I wish I knew how to program the interface as it's probably a minor change to make this work.

On an unrelated note, have you considered giving the starting leaders and/or heirs with princess marriage traits in the descr_strat? In other words, wouldn't it make sense to give Yusuf din_Ayyub WifeIsNoble 3, WifeIsWise 2, WifeIsFertile 3, WifeIsCharming 3, or somesuch? By giving these initial traits to the leadership, then their offspring will begin inheriting those traits sooner. That may be significant to help some or all of the factions. Note that I haven't seen any mod do that, but this actually seems like an oversight because of course these were probably nobility in history and would have resulted in good (and bad) traits from the initial marriages. Without those traits to inherit, then the princesses will begin with lower charm as they're only inheriting from their fathers.

EDIT1:
    I tried many things to help correct the missing elements of reinforcements, but to little effect. The shootout mode button is missing, but still there in the correct region. Likewise hovering over the "blank" general portrait results in some feedback of their remaining army health. Replacing the battlepage_01.tga in each of the interface folders resulted in the shootout mode icon appearing.

It's clear that there's an error in how the MTW2.Int is set up, and how the various menus are setup for custom battles. That's likely why the fort must be chosen, then is immediately removed, but then appears when the culture is chosen. Someone skilled in making menus might seen why those things are no working. Within the custom battle menu, commanding the AI reinforcements makes such a minor change as to easily missed, and hopefully corrected with 2.4.

This is a great mod, very enjoyable to play.

EDIT2: I believe that the battlepage_01.tga only needs to be in the southern_european folder to work closer to what you intended, and I believe that it's unnecessary to create folders in the other ui cultures folders. I believe this based upon looking at other mods that alter their ui. It may be that duplication is part of the problem.

I literally know nothing on configuring a ui, a menu, or the various sd.xml files that get generated. I do know now that there's a tool for error checking sd files, but it's beyond my current understanding. That tool can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-SD-mod-tool

It might be that running the BC programs that are in the SD.XML format through this tool will reveal errors and help the mod team get the menus and ui to work correctly in BC 2.4.

'Hope this information is helpful.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; February 18, 2014 at 01:41 AM.

when i try to lunch it starts and then crashes and says can not find kingdoms.exe??

I've recieved the same issue as jckgb31. I just downloaded (mutiple times due to download errors etc) and installed 2.3, then 2.3.2 then extracted 2.3.2.2 and am recieving ctd with the error message "Can not find kingdoms.exe"

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Even tried what was demonstrated here to no avail....

• Name of your issue CTD after year turn and before returning to strategy map
    • Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    • CTD occurrence- end of year turn, before returning to the strategy map
    • Operating system- 64 bit Windows 7
    • Language- English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1202
    • What faction do you play? Seljuks in Iraq
    • Faction cause- unknown, perhaps rebels
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. After turn 58 I get a repeatable CTD. It happens right at the end of rebels and before returning to my faction- the diverted crusade script had shown up (but not the crusaders). I read at length about the mercenary crossbowman, but my concern is that this is steam related. This is only my first real campaign (besides some exploratory initial ones), so I can't go into more detail about missing or expected scripts.
    • Logs- this was a steam install; mod manager failed to do so, I did an install overwrite of Americas (and renamed Americas something else) and launch it through that. As such, I am unsure where the logs are, as there were none under ...SEGA/Med.... and too many logs in steam. Any direction to which of the many logs I need for this would be helpful for community at large, and, therefore, me. Thanks.

• Name of your issue- CTD while returning to strategy map (unspecified error) on steam install
    • Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    • Occurrence- Just before returning to the strategy map from year turn
    • OS- Windows 7 64 bit
    • Language- English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1202
    • What faction do you play? Seljuk- Iraq
    • What faction is creating the CTD- unknown, see below
    • Issue- CTD with unspecified error to desktop. Diverted crusade prompt showed up at least one turn previous, I'm not sure (this is my first [non-exploratory] campaign and I can't be more specific)- toggle_fow showed no crusading armies, nor could I find anything that pointed to the mercenary crossbowman problem of which everyone else speaks. This was a steam install.
    • Some background on my install (might be the problem). I installed it to the .../SEGA/Med.... files in program files, which included the patch and the quick fix. Unable to get steam to work any other way (including the mod launcher), I copied the entire contents to the steam common apps folder and launched it from americas (renaming amercias old americas, or something). Given that it installed and launched, I looked elsewhere for the problem.
    • Logs.- I installed on steam, and unseated americas and used it for the mod (as I outlined above). Anyway; there were no logs in ...SEGA/Medieval II/...., and steam has several log files. Any direction would be helpful as some relate to the application steam itself. tl;dr, I'd love to provide the logs if I knew how.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveas and Repent View Post
    • on steam install
    Apologies for confusion in the title; the error occurred in game- I intended to specify this as a possible steam problem.

cromlech's Avatar Laetus

have been a fan for a long time, since the first version. having lots of trouble installing and playing these days, is it because of windows 8? it seems to be compatibility issues more than anything. windows 8 incompatible with broken crescent? If so am gutted BC was/is my favourite mod ever.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

M2TW and BC are both compatible with WIndows 8. Personally, I have Steam version of M2TW and BC works fine on that.

You haven't specified what's the problem.

Under the patronage of m_1512

cromlech's Avatar Laetus

sorry yeah just that whenever i install and click to play i get a message stating i need a later version of windows, as if im using win 95. The installer even has that little shield icon saying its incompatible. so i go through the steps to troubleshoot the compatibility issue and it still doesnt work after that, or i get the messages about using the wrong disc. Im not all that computer savvy to be honest and installing mods is about as far as my technical knowledge goes ha ha. Havent thought about going through steam to be fair. but yeah bc is awesome so would love to get it up and running again as on my old pc (xp service pack 3) never really had an issue.
    cheers for your time.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    • Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • What year are you in?
    • What faction do you play?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

21. *Money bug
    *It repeats every turn
    *Jerusalem
    *I started loosing money from no obvious reason. When i click on end of round, for every single nation erb i get -5000 gold. I think its bug because there is no way i can pay so much. I have czech version of medieval and kingdoms. Will this happen with all nations ? Iam curious if its even worth starting new game or if its possible to solve this in my save game.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast