Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Question:
    - Is is possible to reach Lhasa (Tibet), Siwa Oasis (North Africa, Lybia) and Buraydah (Saudi Arabia)? Because no army, spy or assassin can reach those cities. Neither when i set them directly to the city nor when i set them step by step to the region / city.

Laetus

no, it is nos possible. and if you had used the search tool, you would have found like a thousand or so threads asking the the same, the last one was a week ago.

I used the search tool and the answer was:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    2. Your search included threads from which you only have permission to view their titles. You may find further results if you choose the "Search Thread Titles Only" option.

Because of this fact I asked again ...

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 3.0 PREVIEW - EDU and Battle System Preview and Release

I think the makurians simply get no love.

Also if someone could explain to me the necessity the faction, you could easily just change those cities to heavily garrisoned rebel settlements to give the same speedbump effect to ayyubids. but honestly, what is their point (besides in 3.0 when you have other african/arabian fledgling armor-less kingdoms running around)

Makuria just honestly seems like a waste of space, someone enlighten me, because once you hack and slash your way through egypt, I doubt the alliance with KoJ would stand and there is absolutely 0 makuria can do against KoJ, and even armenia if they instead get huge. I really dont understand.

Perhaps you conquer east to delay the ayyubid expansion on two fronts? But does it really matter? The eventual collapse of egypt by the hand of rome or KoJ will also spell the speedy destruction of arabia since ayyubids stand no chance because of the wierd ass diplomacy system that causes the KoJ and Ayyubids to just sit next to each other for 60 turns.... What the hell.

I say this because in 2.02 or wtvr, you were at war from turn 1, which is obvious since its the beginning of the ayyubid dynasty and thats exactly what happened at that point in history. The reason this was so important was beacuse if KoJ was jsut allowed to sit there without having to defend anything, they could put everything into conquering and solve their economy problems in 3 settlements, 2 if they take antioch and damascus. In 2.3 KoJ can do this, also because the armenia AI is so ing retarded (pardon my french) they just take vahka and sit on their hands the rest of the game, giving KoJ antioch and subsequently the rest of syria before anyone else can get there, allowing them to gain 5-10 settlements in the time that the ayyubids could -maybe- afford to attack yemen. KoJ got superbuffed by bad AI decisions and really wierd starting diplomacy.

ImO that whole region is messed up, it feels diplomatically wrong, as armenia you obviously cant get a trade rights agreement with rum or rome without giving a little sweet something first, but they dont even attack you anymore (maybe rome after 60 turns, but by then ive exploited the 1 turn antioch thing and have conquered all the way up to ancestral armenia and have access to so many valuable unit training grounds that can defend every single border!.

I love that armenia was made a super power (how I play them) but that region just still feels off. Hopefully there will be some minor tweaks.

Also the middle map feels very wrong for me. I can only stand to play the east map or oman, it seems to have the most love, but the factions over there (the sindh and rajputs) are just.... boring. Rajputs get 2-3 different infantry and then just elephants and sindhi have zerg warfare and just pray that their quantity will defeat quality. Ghazni's have to be the most interesting, surrounded by enemies, and the opportunity to restore a powerful empire. Oman is fun because you are left alone to build up a strong economy and navy, until I toggle_fow and sindh somehow has everyting west of it and its armies are showing up on my shores). If you take al-muharraq, the abbasid become tediously easy to defend against.

sorry i think i posted this in the wrong thread, should have been in 2.3 questions/suggestions
    re-edit, ty mods
    Last edited by iPoon; June 01, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

I have had some of the same thoughts as well^^. I think The Ayyubids and KOJ should be at war from turn 1 so the Ayyubids like in 2.02 can have a very good chance to survive and make itself into a great superpower. In 2.3, it gets crushed by KOJ and ERE.

not to mention in the middle east the seljuks of iraq get squashed from south, north west and north east because of awesome sauce diplomacy. Acually as the seljuks of iraq i took gorgan, which is a worthless castle to them and gave it to the shah as part of an alliance, but the unchecked georgian AI expansion + the ai money scripts just makes them literally unstoppable, you cant fight georgia or the caliph because they hide behind their walls and then ambush me if im trying to force them to sally forth.

I think there are way too many unplayable factions in this version, its not about historical accuracy and wanting to rebuild past empires and such and such, certain factions are just useless currently, i hope a speedy repair for 2.4! godspeed

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

How many games have you played to make these statements?

I don't recall the KoJ being at war with the Ayyubids from turn 1 in 2.02 either.

In my current game (as Ghurids) the KoJ is nearly destroyed in 1240, only hanging on to 3 provinces, one of which is disconnected way off in Egypt. The Ayyubids are weakened but still in control of their main territory and some of Arabia (minus the 1 spot the KoJ has) and they have a ceasefire. The ERE is a superpower, with most of Syria and Antioch, etc and though the Turks of Rum hold some of central Anatolia they are the ERE's vassals. There has been a Jihad against them since about 1229 after they took konya and vassalised the Rum Turks.

The jihad will never succeed, it is far too far to travel through Roman land that is teeming with stacks, but it is probably helping keep them at bay. Georgia has not done much other than secure it's borders and seems fairly peaceful.

It just seems to me the BC 2.3 has a decided outcome for every campaign, where 2.02 was more whymsical and it was really anybody's game.

Im not mad, I know that 2.3 is acting like a buffer between 2.0 and 3.0.

Im just rapidly getting bored of the campaign, something that never happened in 2.02.

And maybe the ayyubids and KoJ werent at war but their standings and position (pretty sure saladin spawns at damascus or around or there is a full stack army there whatever!) that causes immediate conflict between the two superpowers. Which mostly ended up with the ayyubids winning (which would make perfect sense because of their wtfloleconomy). Now the economy is flipped upside down, their standings are the same but neither are aggressive to each other even though they both occupy exposed unguarded borders. The campaign just seems unfluid.

And ive been starting 2-3 campaigns a day since it was released. Im really trying to find my niche but most of the time around turn 70 i just get bored and quit game and look on the forums for some kind of update or something.

Are these regicide requests new from Kingdoms? I am getting them like repeatedly from the Sindhi's (as Ghurids) and it's keeping the campaign fresh since the assassins are so underpowered now. Failed but was not caught, then actually succeeded later on with only a 10% chance. Got loads of money and made an alliance with the heir who became ruler.

Forward another 10 years and a new prince asked me to kill the guy who I'd already helped install in power. I ignored it at first but then thought i'd give it a shot to score politcal points with them in order to gain military access, which they were not granting. I failed and we were immediately in a state of war - something I was trying to avoid with them.

Yeah that happened to my friend when he played the chauchans, he was pulling some crazy assassinations in the ghazi royal family that and at one point his own faction heir gave him a mission to assassinate his faction leader. That is very cool.

Also I noticed while I was playing the shah (not sure if important) that when i ended a turn, my gold reserves would drop by 1k, then when my turn is about to start I see my normal income added and then the 1k is put back right after the income.

Dont know what that is.
    Last edited by iPoon; June 02, 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iPoon View Post

when i ended a turn, my gold reserves would drop by 1k, then when my turn is about to start I see my normal income added and then the 1k is put back right after the income.

Could be the siege and plundering script. It costs money for you to lay siege to cities, you don't just do it for free. I forget what the cost is per turn -- that could be the deduction.

But you also get some income from plunder/raiding etc when you have troops in enemy territory (not sure about what triggers it, how many you need, if it's general's only, but it's there). That could be the income you're seeing afterward.

The "meta" game (like education/traits/titles/ancillaries/leader developed in general feels woefully vanilla. And I hate vanilla MTW2. Just wondering if maybe some of the stuff/add-ons from SS can be put in to make that part of the game a bit more gripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    The "meta" game (like education/traits/titles/ancillaries/leader developed in general feels woefully vanilla. And I hate vanilla MTW2. Just wondering if maybe some of the stuff/add-ons from SS can be put in to make that part of the game a bit more gripping.
    A main focus of 3.0 is the campaign experience, the succession script for example. There are quite a few sub mods too that may address some of these things in the meantime. But perhaps you could suggest specific features and sub mods that you mean.

Is there any bug fixes for 2.3 i need to install before starting my first campaign? I read people were having ctds and couldn't continue their saves but found not bug report topics etc. Thanks for the port looking to try it out.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

See the Broken Crescent Tech Help.

There are no bug fixes yet. Just save the game frequently and watch out during 1203-1208 (roughly) period. Your saves may be corrupted then, because of faulty siege script (which will be fixed in fix patch).

Under the patronage of m_1512

1 question:
    Is there a way to leave a jihad once you joined one? I joined for for kicks but want to make peace with the faction now, and cannot seem to do so. There keeps being "Jihad about to end" messages warning that if I do not commit another general in 5 turns it will expire, but it never expires (is that possibly because an AI faction keeps it going that I'm just not seeing?)

1 suggestion:
    Take a look at AI recruitment for the Mamlakate of Sindh. In my campaign they seem to only be recruiting elite and professional troops. They have none of the bottom tier Sindhi axemen or anything. All Soomras and Jagardirs. Other factions in the region seem more balanced.

Hi, I think there might be something wrong with the 2.3 game. I installed it and it works great, but I was playing as Kingdom of Jerusalem.... on very hard... and the Ayubids arnt doing anything... they arnt attacking me like in crusades or jihad... its very still and boring. I even gave them lots of money and no attacks yet. It seems they not making military men. They seem to be maing alliances with other muslim naions, but no attacks or military being created from them. Should I just start a new campaign? Maybe piking Romans instead of the Kingdom of Jerusalem?

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

yes, in my abbassid campaign, my ayyubid allies are just sitting there aswell, and now they are allied with the KOJ... which is trouble for me in the long run :S
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

When's the next patch?

I don't recall seeing this in the changelog but I thought I read about it somewhere, but are the 2.02 unit stat adjustments included in 2.3? If they are not, are they still compatible with each other?
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"