Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Are the stone forts and placement of cities on river crossways messing up AI pathing? Rather than entering the stone fort/city I could swear I saw the AI auto-path some completely inefficient route way out and around these things.
    I've seen this as well. It hinders movement in the Persian Gulf especially, even if you own the settlements and forts

Roger II's Avatar Civis

I have started 3 games now with 3 different factions and they all have ended with a CTD shortly after the 4th crusade arrives. Is this because my BC 2.3 is installed under Program Files or some other problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I get an alliance? I'm finding it very hard playing as the Abbasids.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Default Re: Hazaraspids (Atabegs of Luristan)

bit off topic, and im not really into bc region history, but why timurid emergence isnt in bc 2.x and isnt planned for 3.x while its there in vanilla, ( they didnt look as powerful or big as mongols from wiki and stuff, but i felt it added bunch of fun stuff in vanilla )

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    bit off topic, and im not really into bc region history, but why timurid emergence isnt in bc 2.x and isnt planned for 3.x while its there in vanilla, ( they didnt look as powerful or big as mongols from wiki and stuff, but i felt it added bunch of fun stuff in vanilla )
    That's because BC 3 will end in 1300.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

That's because BC 3 will end in 1300.
    About that.... how will that work? I don't recall ever playing a game through to the year limit set. Does the game stop, or may we play on? With a limit at 1300, that won't be hard to reach at all, I would already have done so in several 2.2 games -- something I've never done in any mod before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    About that.... how will that work?
    We will simply introduce 4 turns per year system and add game play ideas only up to 1300. So, no Timurids, Ottomans, huge siege mortars, muskets, janissaries etc.

will there be some buildings like the haiga sofia also on battlemap?

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

are BC team going to relase some patch for 2.3? there are lot of things to correct..

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

they said they ll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeehehe View Post
    How to extract music.dat file? i want to change some of the music, and how to make it back to .dat file? help me please

I have a related but different question, specifically to BC (so not the mod workshop)....
    How can I change the music back to the way it was in 2.02 - where the music is not faction specific?

At first, I thought this was a great idea, but in practice, the repetition is driving me nuts. Plus, on further consideration, the ability to hear music and songs from the entire BC map while playing a faction really adds to the epic scope of the game play for me. Can anyone help direct me to where/how I could restore the older music system?

Or at least group factions into larger regional groups so there are many more songs to hear instead of the same 2 or 3 over and over for hundreds of years! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Or at least group factions into larger regional groups so there are many more songs to hear instead of the same 2 or 3 over and over for hundreds of years! Thanks!
    That's weird because each factional soundtrack has at least five different tracks separately for summer and for winter. Are you sure you are not using a hyperbole? Also, what is an average time of you playing a turn? And which factions exactly have you tried so far? Is this general issue?

Ibn Al-Quds's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    How do I get an alliance? I'm finding it very hard playing as the Abbasids.
    Abbasaids have the easiest campaign even on VH/VH, easily you can make one with Ayyubids, Khwarizims also the Seljuks of Rum

And I'm with Dago Red, 2.02 had great music, I've added them to my iPod they are so epicy

"War is deception" Mohammed PBUH

The Holy Quran القرآن الكريم

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Al-Quds View Post
    And I'm with Dago Red, 2.02 had great music, I've added them to my iPod they are so epicy
    That music is still in game, with very few exceptions, but it was rather weird to hear Tibetan songs or Hindu mantras while playing with KoJ, don't you think?

Repeating tracks are not issue of 2.3, but of M2TW. I think it may be adjusted a bit, but I don't know how yet. Maybe I'll check it and change it for next patch. If you play one turn for 5 minutes, then yes, you will hear 2 or 3 tracks, but that will happen no matter what soundtrack is in game. It is physically impossible to hear 10 tracks in 5 minutes, obviously. With longer turns, you can hear more tracks. If you want to hear different music, then try out different factions.

If you don't like particular factional soundtracks, I'm waiting for suggestions of how to change them (what new tracks to use). And if you, guys, want to completely revert to 2.02 soundtrack, you have to do it by yourselves. I haven't spend five (yes, five) months putting that stuff together to foil my own efforts now.

That's weird because each factional soundtrack has at least five different tracks separately for summer and for winter. Are you sure you are not using a hyperbole? Also, what is an average time of you playing a turn? And which factions exactly have you tried so far? Is this general issue?

I have been playing a Ghurid campaign almost every night for about 2 weeks now. The only other campaign I've started is Georgia I noticed the lack of variety there too. Maybe I've just picked 2 of the factions with the most homogeneous soundtracks of the bunch by coincidence?

I do spend a lot of time during a turn sometimes, reading everything, exploring the map, looking for the best resources for the particular faction, arranging my armies just so, etc.

As far as it being a general issue, I don't know. I'm sure some people aren't bothered by it. But one of the greatest triumphs about BC for me was/is it's music -- I believe I mentioned it in one of my first posts here. The music is incredible, draws you in, deepens your experience with the game (as music can do for everything). But I'm hearing the same tracks each turn, as a result, over the course of hours a kind of musical monotony sets in. That was not the case with the last system, which always brought a wonderful surprise each turn.

but it was rather weird to hear Tibetan songs or Hindu mantras while playing with KoJ, don't you think?

I always liked the musical diversity, but I agreed fully with you that this 2.3 style was a good feature and better way to go. I was looking forward to this. However, as I have found, in practice it is not as good an idea. I would prefer a broader "music of BC" experience, hearing the cultures of the entire map come alive on the air no matter who I'm playing.

If you don't like particular factional soundtracks, I'm waiting for suggestions of how to change them (what new tracks to use). And if you, guys, want to completely revert to 2.02 soundtrack, you have to do it by yourselves. I haven't spend five (yes, five) months putting that stuff together to foil my own efforts now.
    No, I like the music for the most part (something about the battle music i've heard I don't like as much as 2.2). The Ghurid's have an incredible jam with bells and a really uproarious beat that I love! But hearing it almost each and every turn takes away from it's impact.

hate to foil your work.... well how can I go about keeping it in tact, but adding songs from other factions into the faction group then? Like adding some of those Tibetan chants and songs from the neighbors into the Ghurid's playlist for example?
    Last edited by Dago Red; May 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

I've checked Ghurids twice. Certainly, I've heard more than 2-3 tracks; 5-7 in fact.

Current Ghurid soundtrack consist of 14 tracks, divided on summer and winter seasons, while previous BC soundtrack for whole middle_eastern culture consisted of 22 tracks in general. I think there is an improvement.

However, there are two tracks that have been divided on four parts in total, so actually there are 10 totally different tracks. Impression of homogeneity may be linked with that there are parts of the same tracks included.

If you want to change that, look for info in Tools, Tutorials, and Resources section of Mod Workshop.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

where can I find sounds of 2.3? in which directory?

I think it has everything to do with M2TW looping the songs and nothing to do with the variety of songs. If your turns are 30 seconds long, you're going to get teh same song over and over.

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Default Neither sons nor daughters

Hi, in my Makurian campaign I am on 170 turn, I have 25 regions but I only 21 generals, many are very old, but not new sons, nor adoptions. No new birth in the last 30 turns. In M2TW and many other mods at this point in the game I had many generals, now I have big problems to expand my kingdom. What do I do? Artificial insemination?
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

However, there are two tracks that have been divided on four parts in total, so actually there are 10 totally different tracks. Impression of homogeneity may be linked with that there are parts of the same tracks included.

The impression of homogeneity is certainly due in part to that, but it's mostly due to the general similarity o the area's music in question. This is inherent in the new system. SUre, there are songs that stand out and are wildly different from others on the soundtrack, but overall there is a theme. This is what you were trying to achieve, and you did!

But as I said, I prefer more variety. I'm not a cheerios every day for breakfast kind of guy. I like to different cereals, omelets, french toast, trout and eggs, humus and eggs, cocoa puffs.... you get the picture. But it's more than that, I really feel that a diverse soundtrack serves this time period of clashing civilizations better. I'll ask for help in the mod area when i have time.

UNRELATED NOTE: Just tried to re-test swordsmen match ups and found only 2 factions playable in custom. This a known issue?