Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Is ReallyBadAI from Germanicu5 already integrated in 2.3??

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Afaik, no, it's not.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Khan's dismounted Guard is misspelled as Kahn's dismounted Guard in Custom Battles.

Sorry for double post, but how come khwarezm no longer get horse archers? I have been looking to train Khalaj horse archers, but I cannot find them.

Khalaj have been transferred to the Ghurid roster, I think for historical reasons, or perhaps mainly for balancing purposes. Khwarezmian roster was supposed to be just heavy, but still there is Khwarezmian Guard and Khwarezmian BG (that's actually the same unit, just assigned to two roles) which are heavy horse archers.

Would it be possible to transfer the Khalaj Horsemen unit back to the Khwarezmians? Right now they have no way of dealing with enemy horse archers aside from the occasional mercenary, or Persian archers which are not that useful at thinning out HAs. Historically, the Khwarezmians made much use of light and medium horse archers, especially the Qangli tribes, to whom Sultan Shah Mohammed's mother belonged to. Some kind of light native horsearcher would immensely help the Khwarezmian roster.

Best!

We won't transfer the unit back, but we will modify the roster. I think you'll be satisfied with the new one.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want to ask if the current version is considered to have balanced factions and units.

Or are there some very easy-to-win-with factions?

Post your opinion regarding the above question, even if you are just a simple, humble fan

Note I am Playing with Byzantineboy's Kafirs, Dhimmis mod - but its really good because ti enhances the gameplay significantly.

Most of the factions are overall well balanced, but they are a number of exceptions of course.

The Ayyubids and Ghorids are the superpowers of the map - with large regimes and economies. Their units are also really good and they have a well balanced roster.

The Koj is a good faction too, with a good opportunity to grow and good units. In most of my games, they are no longer extremely overpowered but remain within their historical area for most of the time period.

Under the player the ERE, Sultanate of Rum, and Georgians can do very well. In most of my games they tend to grow out but have rarely had the power to destroy surrounding factions. Meanwhile the Abassids are a good faction to play based on their strengths.

Overall the above factions mentioned are well positioned to be a really fun but relatively easy campaign for the player. Now for the underpowered factions.

Khwarezm is underpowered. Though they start out small as they should, they simply don't have the economic resources available to defeat the Ghorids, or take over the large number of well defended rebel settlements around them. While their settlements are really rich, the upkeep of their starting units is really high which prevents them from blobbing out in most of my games. By the time they have an established medium sized empire - the ghorids declare war on them and then just steamroll them.

The Seljuks face the same problem; surrounded by really strong rebels, and next door to an economic powerhouse - the Abbasids. HAs also don't perform well in auto resolve - so they die relatively fast.

The Mongols - They just wander around aimlessly and don't besiege any settlements.

The Kypchak's starting unit roster is too expensive for their poor economic base to develop and they quickly fall into massive debt that limits their growth and allows Georgia to take over.

Now that was a great post. You have my thanks

Might i ask why did you choose Byzantine Boy's submod? Have you played BC with and without this submod and you decided that with the submod, the mod is better/more interesting ? Thnaks again

Well I have actually played Broken crescent since its first instalment under Miraj and Alpha Delta, and I have to say that the current version is the best yet. Byzantineboys sub mod changes the map a lot through a more accurate representation of the Middle East's religious demographics. Sunni Regimes now need to be careful about how they treat religious minorities such as Eastern Christians, Shias, Hindus and others because they no longer command 80% or so religious domination that they had in previous versions. More religions are added such as Shiism, Ibadism, and Zoroastrianism along with new religious buildings that diversify the map quite a bit.

In addition, there is a whole new regional ruler system. Say you have a general and u station him in a province, lets say bulgaria. He will become a duke, sultan, beg, etc of bulgaria. He will gain administrative powers, but will lose loyalty because he has gained a new powerbase in the new province. Which adds a whole new roleplay dimension to broken crescent which was not present before. So overall it is a good mod. Once 2.4 comes out byzantineboy's mod will be incorporated into the full game.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Post your opinion regarding the above question, even if you are just a simple, humble fan
    I play as the ERE quite a bit and am usually able to achieve a victory on VH settings in a reasonable amount of time. It seems as if the Seljuk Turks are never able to make any headway regardless of what faction I play. I moved the rebel stack that was besieging the town of Ankara and placed the stack near Doryleaum (sp) and that has made a huge difference. The Turks are attacking the ERE everywhere before the ERE can start making enough money defend themselves... much more challenging now. Though in the next game I may move the besieging rebel stack just two spaces west of Ankara and see how that works.

Playing as the Kipchaks is a pain as there is no real economy and their units are expensive, watching Georgia take province after province sucks. Playing as many of the other factions things seem seem ok, though the campaign ai is weak and not very aggresive. The Mongols need to get reworked as they do not do what they did in history, instead of sacking city after city, they wonder around aimlessly as if Ghengis had Alzheimers prematurely. Actually IMO they need the biggest reworking of all, not their units, just the scripting.

I should have read A_Su's comments as my experience is pretty much the same as his, though I have yet to try Byzantineboy's mod, it does look like it will add another dimension to the game.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; November 18, 2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more info added

The mongols inactivity is really problematic, I tried to find a solution, giving them more movement points, more armies. But it is not sufficient.
    In fact, they should take Samarqand but they are just walking around during turns, and they eventually take Ourgentch or Bukhara.
    I believe that the problem could be the fort in front of the bridge of Samarqand.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    The mongols inactivity is really problematic, I tried to find a solution, giving them more movement points, more armies. But it is not sufficient.
    In fact, they should take Samarqand but they are just walking around during turns, and they eventually take Ourgentch or Bukhara.
    I believe that the problem could be the fort in front of the bridge of Samarqand.
    I am not familiar with scripting, but would it be possible to give some of the Mongol armies "goals" like one army has to take Bokhara, while another has to take Samarqand and so forth.

Best of luck trying to figure the Mongol issue out!

it is not possible to assign several cities to an horde, but just one.
    In JKD I modified it, and in my submod, tried to change their goal from Samarqand to Bukhara,
    But it seems that is was not sufficient.
    Because in some games launched with my submod, they did like in usual BC 2.3, mongols are just walking around during a long time.
    But, after 10 turns, they should begin to attack and should be dangerous for players.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    it is not possible to assign several cities to an horde, but just one.
    In JKD I modified it, and in my submod, tried to change their goal from Samarqand to Bukhara,
    But it seems that is was not sufficient.
    Because in some games launched with my submod, they did like in usual BC 2.3, mongols are just walking around during a long time.
    But, after 10 turns, they should begin to attack and should be dangerous for players.

I think that a possible solution or unless a little hep to fix this problem it could be to add the chinese siegue wepons of "All Under Heaven" like I suggested in this old post:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...egue-Weaponary.

Rampante Cid, the thing is they already have trebuchets and catapults. I think its just the way Horde AIs are built