Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by brapollo View Post
    My suggestion is the Khwarezmians should have some unit of lighter missile cavalry.
    AOR will be greatly reworked, so we'll see how it comes out for Khwarezm.
    Quote Originally Posted by brapollo View Post
    I might also add that it doesn't make a lot of sense that the full and half cataphract units, despite the unit description, have exactly the same armor rating.
    Full cat. and half cat. - these are mounts, not riders; these are two different types of mounts in BC.

Under the patronage of m_1512

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

As wudang said, the Khwarezmenshahs do have ghulams. Just a different ( mostly better) version that is recruited from stables instead of slave barracks. I don't know why you need a unit to have "ghulam" in their name or why it's so important they be exactly outfitted the same way.
    my issue is not the name of the units,but the fact that khwarezm can't recruit the ghulam units that come from the slave barracks.i understood that the khwarezmian cataphracts are ghulams, but these ghulams are the unique units of khwarezm,while the ghulams from the slave barracks are like the mutatawwi warriors,every faction have them. i think i'm clear now.

Not exactly, as there are ghulam units which are not generic - and Ghurid have them.

We'll change recruitment of ghulams anyway.

The Ghaznavids and Ayyubids also have some unique ghulams.

"My suggestion is the Khwarezmians should have some unit of lighter missile cavalry."

Khwarezm has Turkman Tribal Cavalry regular bow in the EDU but not in the EDB. You can add it to the EDB. Unless there is a good reason why the BC team didn't include such a unit for Khwarezm in the faction roster.

"I might also add that it doesn't make a lot of sense that the full and half cataphract units, despite the unit description, have exactly the same armor rating."
    "Full cat. and half cat. - these are mounts, not riders; these are two different types of mounts in BC. "

They are different types of mounts, and they have different amounts of armour, which is not reflected by the stats. The unit stats will not be touched by the BC team until 3.0, so my signature holds a solution for you, brapollo.

The Abbasids have ownership of Royal Ghulam Lancers in the EDU but not in the EDB. Are they intended to have Royal Ghulam Lancers or not? I'm guessing not, since the other three factions that have them also have Palace Ghulam Horse Archers, and the Abbasids don't have those in the EDU or in the EDB.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

[QUOTE=k/t;11722411] The unit stats will not be touched by the BC team until 3.0, so my signature holds a solution for you, brapollo.
    [QUOTE]

And where did you find out that the BC team will not change the unit stats? Kind of unfair to try and broadcast to the public that we don't care about battles and unit stats. We are working on making the mod better in every way which includes unit stats.

i found out that in the previous releases (i think 2.2) the muslim faction had real pictures in their generals.It was pretty good,why do you remove them?

Just a quick reply pls...I have custom battles made and saved in 2.3.2....will they work in 2.3.2.2 ? I am re installing M2TW and BC...

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

i suggest thinking how to incorporate some more diplomacy to the game
    i really loved diplomacy in civ4
    i mean the screen where you see how factions feel about each other and the reasons for like/dislike
    if some of it could be implemented in BC it would be great

it would be good to do something for the ghurid domination as they tend to conquer the whole map in every campaign and if somehow you can adjust the victory conditions for the mongols,for example hold 60 regions including gurganj,merv,samarqand,bukhara,baghdad,kiev or something like that.the mongol AI isn't so aggressive.

Shadibadoo's Avatar Tiro

Questions about the shiites:

Will the shiites get to declare a jihad? I trust that you'll make the Malikate of Sindh a shiite faction? Also there should definitely be an event in the case that a Shiite faction conquers Mecca.

and i have to be persistent in requesting that you use the M1TW general portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadibadoo View Post
    Questions about the shiites:

Will the shiites get to declare a jihad? I trust that you'll make the Malikate of Sindh a shiite faction? Also there should definitely be an event in the case that a Shiite faction conquers Mecca.

and i have to be persistent in requesting that you use the M1TW general portraits.
    yes will have jihad and for sindh theres no prof if there shia i founded that they were sunnah not shia

...and it's mamlakate, not malikate.

in 2.4 will you divide islam?

It's possible, but we don't know yet.

i'm not sure if that question should go the tech help page or here but anyway.how can i change the unit cards and how can i put real pictures to the generals (like in BC 2.2 for example) by myself?

Just wanted to say keep up the great work, everyone. Still love this mod and love where you all are taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    i'm not sure if that question should go the tech help page or here but anyway.how can i change the unit cards and how can i put real pictures to the generals (like in BC 2.2 for example) by myself?
    Look for portraits in Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/ui directory, keeping in mind that every culture has separate portraits set. All you have to do is replace those portraits you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Just wanted to say keep up the great work, everyone. Still love this mod and love where you all are taking it.
    Thanks, fuzz.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Is the Aging problem with generals being 100 and such fixed in this new patch?
    Will there be a bigger diversity of buildings in 2.4? Any other new factions?

This has been probably asked before but, I have a problem using cheats "process_cq" and "add_population" on cities with a space in between their names and ones with apostrophes.

Quote Originally Posted by TMK View Post
    And where did you find out that the BC team will not change the unit stats?
    From Wudang.