Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Go to the EDU and find the unit in question, in this case, Latin Longbowmen. Their "type" is "jerusalem longbowmen". Now go to the EDB and find the archery range (or any other building) you want them to be recruitable from. Let's say we'll use the Castle Practice Range. We'll put the entry for the Latin Longbowmen right under Turkopole Archers. The easiest way to do it is to copy the Turkopole Archers line:

recruit_pool "turkopole archer" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

and paste it right under it:

recruit_pool "turkopole archer" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

Now, on the second line, replace "turkopole archer" with "jerusalem longbowmen"

recruit_pool "jerusalem longbowmen" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

Turkopole Archers appear several times in the EDB, so you'll have to search for every "turkopole archer" and repeat the process each time, but make sure you copy the new-found line every time. If it says "recruit_koj", make sure you put "recruit_koj" in the copied line. If it says "cbr_koj", put that. Any "event_counter" marker has to be duplicated exactly too. However, I would keep the Latin Longbowmen recruitable only in the core recruitment areas of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. To do that, only copy lines with "recruit_koj" in them.

Make a copy of your EDB before trying this.
    Thank you VERY much, k/T, I'm going to try it this weekend.

Something else btw, the Georgian Khevsur Heavy Swordsmen do not have a unit icon. I've recruted a unit near Tbilisi for my Crusader army, but all that is shown is a sad little man with a large knife..;-)

Edit: they do when I chose a Georgian campaign. Must be a small bug then.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; May 25, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Okay, thanks for another report.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I love this mod. In fact it is my favorite, together with Third Age Total War. The only thing I regret is that this mod doesn't have campaign mods. For example it would be great to lead the First Crusade, or to try to prevent the Crusaders from reaching Jerusalem. Same for the Third Crusade. It would also be great to have a Byzantium campaign from the battle of Yarmuk on til the conquest of Constantinople. Or to lead the armies of the Prophet during the Muslim conquest of the Middle East. Imagine that.

Yes, but those would be mods on their own, actually. A lot of work.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

one question.where are the canons,the bombards etc? the discovery of the gunpowder is inside the timeframe,so yhose weapons would be a good addition to 2.4

Cannons appeared a while later.

"It would also be great to have a Byzantium campaign from the battle of Yarmuk on til the conquest of Constantinople. Or to lead the armies of the Prophet during the Muslim conquest of the Middle East. Imagine that."

You'll be able to do that in East Of Rome.

Faris Lancers and Ghazni Light Lancers don't have a secondary weapon.

How do I get permission to modify models by adding weapons? I want to change the two units named above and the Royal Kataphraktoi (also the Pelekyphoroi and Varangians, to make their shields permanently strapped to their backs and only use the axes two handed). Who worked on these units?

Firstly allow me to express my pre-question apologies for this post...

I can't seem to find a download link, I am sure it is there but I just can't the damned thing! Can anyone post me a link to the most recent download?

Thanks in advance.

Cannons appeared a while later.

"It would also be great to have a Byzantium campaign from the battle of Yarmuk on til the conquest of Constantinople. Or to lead the armies of the Prophet during the Muslim conquest of the Middle East. Imagine that."

You'll be able to do that in East Of Rome.

Faris Lancers and Ghazni Light Lancers don't have a secondary weapon.

How do I get permission to modify models by adding weapons? I want to change the two units named above and the Royal Kataphraktoi (also the Pelekyphoroi and Varangians, to make their shields permanently strapped to their backs and only use the axes two handed). Who worked on these units?
    Is East of Rome a mod in progress or already existing? Edit, sorry, found that out. 40% finished unfortunately.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; May 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Generally, threads called something along the lines of BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD! and BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2 are good places to look. The key is words like "release" and "download" in big letters.

wudang knows.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Something else btw, the Georgian Khevsur Heavy Swordsmen do not have a unit icon. I've recruted a unit near Tbilisi for my Crusader army, but all that is shown is a sad little man with a large knife..;-)

Edit: they do when I chose a Georgian campaign. Must be a small bug then.
    I don't think it's a bug, it's a missing picture for the Khevsur Swordsmen, when you recruit them as mercenaries.
    The sad little man is a makedonian peasant from Rome; as Medieval uses the same (though altered) engine as Rome, they are inherited from that great game.
    There are many other small bugs as well, for example, most nations still have the names of the faction that had been changed, when you attack an Omani army there is actually written: "You are attacking an army of Denmark" and so on.
    But I didn't install any fixes, this might be the reason, but it's not that much disturbing that it needs to be changed.

Anyhow, I noticed most Christian countries are way to much overpowered; both regarding their units and their starting position.
    I was never able to play Jerusalem or Georgia, as there's nothing worth conquering, the start is way too easy and you have all you need (as I like to play more or less historical).
    Jerusalem is much stronger than the Ayyubids, and that is something I really don't understand.
    Jerusalem, Armenia and especially (!!!) Georgia have way too much overpowered unit's and way too easy recruiting possibilities.

Though Armenias starting position is tough enough for the KI, it's also very easy for an actual human player.

I hope you are going to balance it more in your next release, and you should maybe consider adding Damascus to the Ayyubids or something like that.
    It's just sad to conquer Damascus without any real enemy hindering you.

Still: Great mod! My favorite for MIITW so far!

The question was directed at him. If he doesn't answer here, I'll have to ask him by PM.

I was also surprised to see that the Ayyubids no longer have Damascus and the other one (Homs?). Is this historical? Didn't Saladin have the whole area at that time?

What does the "noble_city" hidden_resource represent? And "cantbuild"? Some buildings in the EDB have it as a requirement, but it's not assigned to any region. Is it so that an existing building (like Hagia Sophia) can be destroyed but not rebuilt?

The question was directed at him. If he doesn't answer here, I'll have to ask him by PM.
    Permission granted.
    I was also surprised to see that the Ayyubids no longer have Damascus and the other one (Homs?). Is this historical? Didn't Saladin have the whole area at that time?
    It was Zengid territory. In 1174 Nur al-Din died, but Damascus stayed in hands of his son, al-Malik al-Salih Ismail, or rather Ismail's atabeg, Shams al-Dawla ibn al-Mukaddam. Saladin entered Hims in 1175, and Damascus in 1176.
    What does the "noble_city" hidden_resource represent? And "cantbuild"? Some buildings in the EDB have it as a requirement, but it's not assigned to any region. Is it so that an existing building (like Hagia Sophia) can be destroyed but not rebuilt?
    I think noble_city has few applications. In general it describes a centre of significant importance, where you can build e.g. all levels of slave barracks. I think it is also a requirement to recruit the nobles. Yes, cantbuild labels a structure which you can't rebuild.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; May 31, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Ah, thank you. Now to find people to actually do the change for me, since I can't.

I'm trying to free up a hidden_resource so I can make only some cities become Huge Cities. I'll poke around the files some more and see what I find. I think I saw slave2 and slave3 resources, and I imagined they restricted the slave market levels, but I didn't make sure. Modding is not only fun (sometimes), but it's also empowering! Way better than feminism.

"It was Zengid territory. In 1174 Nur al-Din died, but Damascus stayed in hands of his son, al-Malik al-Salih Ismail, or rather Ismail's atabeg, Shams al-Dawla ibn al-Mukaddam. Saladin entered Hims in 1175, and Damascus in 1176."

Man, I am excited about 3.0.

How does the titles system work for leaders? I don't mean the titles you get from owning settlements, just the faction leaders. I'm not sure exactly how they work, as the description on the wiki was pretty vague.

Apparently, if a faction leader kills another faction leader in battle, they get the title. Would the faction leader who killed the other lose their other title? (e.g. from Great Imam, to Caliph)? Does this work for all factions and all titles? (e.g. can a Islamic leader become King, or a Khan become Emperor). If somebody could give me a good explanation of the titles system for leaders, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    New Royal Titles:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are following royal titles and royal career paths in 2.3 (all listed titles appear in game instead of vanilla "Faction leader" trait):

Imam
    available for: Omanis

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +3 Tax Collection

Khalifa
    available for: Abbasids

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +3 Tax Collection

Malik al-Mu'azzam:
    available for: Sumras

effects: +2 Authority, +2 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +2 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 10000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 3, Piety at least 1, Possession of 6 settlements (including Kolachee, Mansura, Sukkur and Thatta).

This title is pre-requisite for Sumras to gain Sultan title!

Khwarezmshah:
    available for: all Islamic factions

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, -3 Loyalty, +4 Personal Security, +2 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 5000, Chivalry at least 1, Piety at least 1, Possession of Urgench and Khiva.

This title is pre-requisite for Khwarezmshahs to gain Sultan title!

Sultan
    available for: Ayyubids, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, Khwarezmshahs, Seljuks of Iraq, Seljuks of Rum, Sumras

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 30000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 5, Piety at least 3, Possession of 8 settlements

Sultan al-Mu'azzam
    available for: Ayyubids, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, Khwarezmshahs, Seljuks of Iraq, Seljuks of Rum, Sumras

effects: +3 Authority, +4 Law, +4 Personal Security, +4 Public Security, +4 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 50000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 5, Piety at least 4, Possession of 12 settlements

I see...I think I've seen that around before. I hope this system is expanded a bit in later versions, as it looks like I can't get many titles when playing as the Omanis.

What kind of "switch for the AI recruitment" does the first_turn counter actually provide, and what would happen if I were to erase the counter and all the "and not event_counter first_turn 1" ?

No other mod I've ever seen uses such a counter, so I'm trying to understand its purpose.

Go to the EDU and find the unit in question, in this case, Latin Longbowmen. Their "type" is "jerusalem longbowmen". Now go to the EDB and find the archery range (or any other building) you want them to be recruitable from. Let's say we'll use the Castle Practice Range. We'll put the entry for the Latin Longbowmen right under Turkopole Archers. The easiest way to do it is to copy the Turkopole Archers line:

and paste it right under it:

Now, on the second line, replace "turkopole archer" with "jerusalem longbowmen"

recruit_pool "jerusalem longbowmen" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

Turkopole Archers appear several times in the EDB, so you'll have to search for every "turkopole archer" and repeat the process each time, but make sure you copy the new-found line every time. If it says "recruit_koj", make sure you put "recruit_koj" in the copied line. If it says "cbr_koj", put that. Any "event_counter" marker has to be duplicated exactly too. However, I would keep the Latin Longbowmen recruitable only in the core recruitment areas of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. To do that, only copy lines with "recruit_koj" in them.

Make a copy of your EDB before trying this.
    Just want to say it works, K/T, and thank you again for your detailed instructions. Could you also tell me how I can add dismounted Templar Knights, so they will appear from the start? I know it isn't historical, but it will be fun.