Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

And what turn have you reached?
    That won't change much, as there is still requirement of event_counter mongol_em 1 to get those Templars.

I've checked EDB and it seems there should rather be:

recruit_pool "koj knights dismounted templar" 1 0.20 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter templar 1 and event_counter mongol_em 1 and not event_counter first_turn 1

The red part was missing, so the unit was present in the browser. After and not event_counter first_turn hit 1 it disappeared, as expected. The same problem concerns Templar Knights. I think these two shouldn't be recruitable at the beginning at all. I think that there is a bug, yes, but it only make those two incorrectly visible at the beginning. They should be available only after the Mongol invasion begins. I haven't checked if they indeed appear after the Mongol come onto the scene, though, and I'd appreciate if someone could do that. We would be sure then.
    It is 1219. The Mongol invasion has started. And I can finally retrain my Dismounted Templar Knights. So yes, it works.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Cool, thanks for checking that, Aragorn.

Under the patronage of m_1512

You're welcome. And not only that, but also Teutonic Knights can be recruted in Jerusalem now.

I think that's intentional. Is there any problem with such a solution?

I think that's intentional. Is there any problem with such a solution?
    On the contrary. I'm delighted to see them. And I can use them too.

I think Teutonic knights should be available much earlier, though.

The teutonic order was founded in 1190 near Akkon, but it became a military order in march 1198 after the crusade of 1197 (Heinrich VI). I personally doubt, that the order had much military influence in the following years in the holy land, because the HRE had an internal conflict after the death of Henry VI. (Deutscher Thronstreit 1198-1215) in that timeframe.

Otto von Botenlauben gave them the income of the Akkon harbor in 1220 and the farms around the city. The order bought also Montfort castle and Toron in 1220.

Yeah, you're right.

Yes, I didn't want to mention it, but with regard to historicial accuracy they should turn up in Akkon (Acre), instead of Jerusalem. But that is not a very important detail of course. Which other elite units can I expect in the coming years? I'm hoping for some longbow archers to keep enemy horse archers at a distance. Few things in this game are more exciting than using new units for the first time in a battle.

The EDB tells you when units become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Yes, I didn't want to mention it, but with regard to historicial accuracy they should turn up in Akkon (Acre), instead of Jerusalem.
    Yes, but it was probably only because Jerusalem was lost few years earlier. If not that, the order would probably be founded in Jerusalem. Most players control Jerusalem in 1190's, therefore the order appears there, in the capital of the kingdom. That's the rationale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Which other elite units can I expect in the coming years? I'm hoping for some longbow archers to keep enemy horse archers at a distance.
    I don't remember now, but I think not many more will appear, probably only an update for Hospitallers... You can browse through the roster here.

Before I installed the newest patch, I played BC 2.3 with the RBBR submod. During my campaign as Georgia the rebel garrissons were much larger and more experienced and training units (as Georgia) took several turns for most of them. Now that I've installed BC 2.3.2.2 this is all gone and all starting units for Georgia take just 1 turn to recruit. Is this the normal edu or did something go wrong with installing? And if it's the normal, is there any RBBR type of submod for 2.3.2.2 which increases the difficulty?

Yes, but it was probably only because Jerusalem was lost few years earlier. If not that, the order would probably be founded in Jerusalem. Most players control Jerusalem in 1190's, therefore the order appears there, in the capital of the kingdom. That's the rationale.
    I don't remember now, but I think not many more will appear, probably only an update for Hospitallers... You can browse through the roster here.
    Ahhh, I love perfection. And you are right. The roster shows Latin longbowmen, that's what I was hoping for, so I can repeat Azincourt, but now in the Holy Land. I hope they show up before the Mongols reach me.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; May 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

They are a left over from an earlier version of BC, and not in the EDB, so they won't appear.

They are a left over from an earlier version of BC, and not in the EDB, so they won't appear.
    Pity. On the other hand my Turcopole archers and crossbowmen can do the job too. Richard used longbowmen during the Third Crusade, did he?

Just add them in the EDB and you'll be able to recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Just add them in the EDB and you'll be able to recruit them.
    Can you give me an idea on how to do that please?
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; May 24, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Go to the EDU and find the unit in question, in this case, Latin Longbowmen. Their "type" is "jerusalem longbowmen". Now go to the EDB and find the archery range (or any other building) you want them to be recruitable from. Let's say we'll use the Castle Practice Range. We'll put the entry for the Latin Longbowmen right under Turkopole Archers. The easiest way to do it is to copy the Turkopole Archers line:

recruit_pool "turkopole archer" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

and paste it right under it:

recruit_pool "turkopole archer" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

Now, on the second line, replace "turkopole archer" with "jerusalem longbowmen"

recruit_pool "jerusalem longbowmen" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and event_counter player_is_koj 1

Turkopole Archers appear several times in the EDB, so you'll have to search for every "turkopole archer" and repeat the process each time, but make sure you copy the new-found line every time. If it says "recruit_koj", make sure you put "recruit_koj" in the copied line. If it says "cbr_koj", put that. Any "event_counter" marker has to be duplicated exactly too. However, I would keep the Latin Longbowmen recruitable only in the core recruitment areas of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. To do that, only copy lines with "recruit_koj" in them.

Make a copy of your EDB before trying this.

hensta's Avatar Laetus

aye i dunno if u guys have almost finished with the new BC 3.0 but i wanted to give u guys an opinion just encase! my opinion is...example in Jerusalem and Constantinople u have the special buildings of the holy sepulchre and the dome of the rock and Haigha Sophia my idea was why dont u guys add the 4 orthodox patriarchates of Constantinople and Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria i reckon it will make it more realistic and evan more better???? thank u and i just wanna say BC is the bessst!!!!

Yes, the four patriarchates are planned to be added at some point of development.