Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

fox991's Avatar Civis

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

should I un install the old BC 2.02 and download that ............

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Two quick question,.
    The Roman Empire star it -50000 money, it this correct or is bug?
    Second a Ghurid general is starting, the game in a Ghaznavids region? is this correct or is bug? Since they change place since 2.02!!!
    Great work.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

No bugs... You have to solve some little problems before you can build an empire.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    Two quick question,.
    The Roman Empire star it -50000 money, it this correct or is bug?
    This is correct. Actually, I wanted to make Roman debt at level of 100 000, but I was in such a haste during last few days that I forgot to change this. Despite the debt, Romans have very good starting position - many regions and very high income. You'll be able to be on plus in around 8 turns.
    Second a Ghurid general is starting, the game in a Ghaznavids region? is this correct or is bug? Since they change place since 2.02!!!
    This is correct, too. That general is supposed to be a bold, thought not necessarily reasonable, rider, who was cut off from his base by clever move of Ghaznavid amir. Player's task is to get him out of trouble.

About starting positions, we were trying to prepare a special preview of all modified starting positions, but didn't make it on time (preview of only one starting position is ready). This is not a big deal, because actually throwing player right into middle of problems without presenting any details has its gameplay advantages. But we will improve this lack in the nearest future.
    Great work.
    Thank you.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ingame i see that the early templar dismounted knights have hight stats but in battles they dont do nothing... they defend good against the attacks but they dont kill, even protecting the walls against light levies they dont kill xD.

Sorry for my english

Dirt roads for 7000, is there a good reason for this?

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    Dirt roads for 7000, is there a good reason for this?
    Roads are expensive, because they are strategically crucial. With roads the speed of movement is higher, and that improves your military capabilities. Besides, roads give you bonus to trade. That's the reason.

Yea but they are dirt roads! im not building a cathedral here. it doesn't seem even remotely historically accurate?

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Broken Crescent 2.3 is amazing! The only thing that you forgot is to add the chauchan victory conditions. (Or i have done something wrong) I don't know wich country you have to add to give chauchan victory conditions.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fox991 View Post
    should I un install the old BC 2.02 and download that ............
    are there any answer to this question?

no need to 2.02, uninstall it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    no need to 2.02, uninstall it.
    thanks a lot Tureuki

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

I object to the unfair and unhistorical portrayal of Prince Reynald in this mod. The real Reynald was in no way cruel and he did nothing to "invoke" Saladin's wrath that has any moral standing whatsoever. I don't know why this mod uses screens from the worst and most grossly dishonest historical film ever made, Kingdom of Heaven. Reynald's objectives were simple, block traffic between Mecca and Egypt. If he had captured the fortress in the Sinai he wanted, he could also have severed the two halves of Saladin's empire. Blocking pilgrims to Mecca greatly damaged Saladin's prestige. Which explain's Saladin's extreme hatred of Reynald. In reality, Prince Reynald was one of the most competant and reliable commanders in the KoJ at the time. Raymond, was the reverse, short sited and unreliable. He even tried to launch a bloodless coup of Baldwin in 1180, Only to be thoroughly discredited by Saladin's army being crushed at Le Forbelet two years later.

References:
    The Leper King and His Heirs - Bernard Hamilton.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

It feel wrong that khalifa trait have the same effects as sultan, it should be greater! (I think, what do you think?), you know a Caliph is Amīr al-Mu'minīn "Commander of the Faithful" leader of the Muslims, Successor of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe.

even Sultans gave allegiance to a Caliph http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliph
    Last edited by Heeehehe; May 04, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

I want to keep my 2.02 ,and my 2.3 doesent work . The previous version its the problem ?
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

Quote Originally Posted by tavix View Post
    I want to keep my 2.02 ,and my 2.3 doesent work . The previous version its the problem ?
    No, it isn't. It seems you have installed 2.3 wrongly, but post your report in the Tech Forum, please.

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    No, it isn't. It seems you have installed 2.3 wrongly, but post your report in the Tech Forum, please.
    Ok , thank you.
    Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

saglam2000's Avatar Campidoctor

Why is there an elite stack of rebels besieging Ankara at the campaign start?
    "The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble."Anthony Hebert

‎"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by saglam2000 View Post
    Why is there an elite stack of rebels besieging Ankara at the campaign start?
    This is fictional situation, but based on allegedly real events.

Shahanshah was brother of sultan Kilij Arslan. He was appointed as lord of Ankara by their father, sultan Masud I, but after father's death and enthronement of Kilij Arslan he rebelled against new sultan, but he was deposed and banished. He fled to Constantinople in 1174.

So, the idea is to represent Shahanshah as claimant to his former sovereignty over Ankara, trying to take back Ankara by force.

That event should be represented in event window popping-up at beginning of Seljuk campaign, but we had not enough time to prepare this. It will be supplemented in next patch.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I suggest that you add New faction after faction for each path (Like Mazandran, Azerbaijan and Yemen for the next patch or so!)