Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

There is AlphaDelta's policy in regards to his units here. As you see, they have been released, just give the credits to the maker. Units that haven't been listed there were made either by Strelac or by Yelu Dashi (Mongols). If you need Yelu's units, contact him, if you need Strelac's units, contact me and specify which ones you want to use. That's all.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Thanks- that is exactly what I was looking for!

Ichon, I don't think these units would fit to that period but I guess there isn't much option

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Ichon, I don't think these units would fit to that period but I guess there isn't much option
    They aren't so bad- it is easier in the east where often robes etc were worn over armor. Personally I don't like the late era full upgrade armor for many units. Not everyone was wearing full plate and even those that were full plate is rather slim- most of the upgrades I've seen the plate looks very bulky.

From 1100-1400 there were changes in military structure and some in styles of fighting but the basic components are mostly the same in the east. During 1400s is when the larger changes towards guns and less emphasis on skirmish tactics of Turks/Mongols developed. Ideally would be to build rosters for the era and faction but that is alot of work and even more time. Borrowing something relatively close and not a fantasy unit is good enough for now.

I posted this in the sub forums forum, but no responces....

Is there a forced diplomacy sub mod????

I think not, though you should check in the submods forum.

Perhaps merging the two Rajput factions would be a good idea? I have found them impossible to play as regardless of whatever submods installed. I am using RBBR.

That's not an option.

Suggestions? Well, honestly, I really like this mod, but there's only one thing I can think of: Four turns per year. Or failing that, even just 2 turns per year. I really don't think Creative Assembly had their together when they decided that 1 turn equalling 1.5 years was a good idea.

Edit: Nevermind, I just changed it myself in the desc_strat file.
    Last edited by kdub22; March 27, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

What is the most difficult faction to play? Or perhaps a top 3 most difficult?

Three suggestions for the next patch, which I hope there is because this right now is my favorite total war mod. First, the Crusaders get more advanced Templars and Hospitallers at a later date- would it be possible to update the Sultanate of Rum in a similar way so that the janissary/sipahi/ottoman forces can't appear until later? It seems to me there should be a "rise of the Ottomans" announcement that triggers the recruitment of those units. The Turks have so many units, it doesn't seem to me to be a problem. And it seems a little odd to me to see janissaries and sipahis running around in 1180.

Second, the Byzantine cataphracts should perhaps be changed. I understand it's really difficult because units can only use 2 weapons and cataphracts should have 3. But in hand-to-hand combat, the spear as a secondary weapon should be replaced. The javelin throw-before-charge really doesn't work well anyways.

Third, the Mongol invasion seems to stall long before it should. It should be the norm that they have enough forces to threaten Baghdad at least. Right now, they seem to bog down in Iran. I guess they just need more stacks.

I've seen that 2.3 has "more interesting starting positions for most factions". Does that mean "more accurate starting positions"? I find historicity the most interesting.

I agree that the cataphracts should have their javelins removed. They'd do better with a lance and mace.

You can tie the Janissaries to an event so they only appear then. Just add "and event_counter eventname 1" to their recruitment conditions in the EDB.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I've seen that 2.3 has "more interesting starting positions for most factions". Does that mean "more accurate starting positions"? I find historicity the most interesting.
    That was our aim to make them more accurate. I think we succeed in improving the accuracy, but I don't say it can't be even better. On the other hand, it was also about making the start more problematic. And that was only marked, we will be constantly improving that feature, as there's still lot to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    That was our aim to make them more accurate.
    Excellent. That's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown
    On the other hand, it was also about making the start more problematic.
    Ah, crap.

Damn...you win some, you lose some...

I have read that the Tibetan faction of All Under Heaven: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359895 is of Yelu Dashi a modder of Broken Crescent mod. So you could include the Tibetan faction in the mod as the only buddhist faction? or if no more space to include factions in the mod in place include Tibetan units as mercenaries to recruit in the territories bordering Tibet?

Yes, that's the plan to include a Tibetan faction based on what guys from AUH have prepared so far.

Excelent news!

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

You should make Royal Mamluks and other Egyptian and Turkish cataphract units available after 1300, not before. Factions east of the Levant should continue to have cataphract units at the begining. Also the KoJ should be given late European units to match 14th century tech. That is, knights with horse armor and knights and other units with transitional plate armor. If the KoJ survives that long it needs technology to match that, especially since they may have been adopted heavier armor slightly before most armies in Europe, but of course that is what David Nicolle says. I don't know if he is correct.

EDIT: My mistake, I though Royal Mamluks were a cataphract unit. I was wrong.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; April 06, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

If I change the Royal Kataphraktoi from javelin/spear to lance/mace, do I need someone's permission to release the altered file?

Also I want to change the Spatharioi from spear/sword to sword only. The spears are absolutely pointless, since they switch to swords immediately.
    Last edited by k/t; April 06, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Can something be done about the upkeep for Rajput generals (elephants)? I guess it makes sense but it cripples your economy if you adopt many generals (which is necessary given the vast area and huge cities).