Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

the first things that the mongols do are sacking bukhara (the most times belongs to the ghorids) and then they target urgench or khiva i don't remember (i think it's urgench).when they capture one of these 2 cities they hace a new homeland.after that it depends on them if they continue fighting the khwarezmians or target other faction.in my games usually ally with the pechennegs and when they have new homeland they break the alliance and conquer russia and georgia.they never continue with the muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard13 View Post
    Opinions please ....

My suggestion is to have forts allowing a number around 3 to 5 free upkeep units of ANYKIND (the most expensive ones inside a fort), so that gaining control of a fort would strategically and financially make the struggle for them very desirable.
    Last edited by AlexCouceiro; January 09, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Why was my post deleted about the romans? They have a stacks across more than half of Anatolia when in reality they became a mere tributary state to the Turks during the time this mod takes place

The whole reason the crusades even happened was because of how badly the Turks owned them

Hey, are the swordanimations still bugged? I'm a big fan of swords so i'd rather wait with starting a huge campaign until it's fixed in that case.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by RomanKiller View Post
    Why was my post deleted about the romans?
    Yes, it was deleted, and it wasn't about the Romans, as you perfectly know, but about kissing asses. A good advice from me: don't hurt your fingers writing such crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    Hey, are the swordanimations still bugged? I'm a big fan of swords so i'd rather wait with starting a huge campaign until it's fixed in that case.
    It's fixed in 2.3.2, which will be released soon - an installer is ready, we only have to check few things.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Yes, it was deleted, and it wasn't about the Romans, as you perfectly know, but about kissing asses. A good advice from me: don't hurt your fingers writing such crap.
    It's fixed in 2.3.2, which will be released soon - an installer is ready, we only have to check few things.
    Good to know. Looking forward for w.r u have planned to release

hensta's Avatar Laetus

aye i dunno if u guys have almost finished with the new BC 3.0 but i wanted to give u guys an opinion just encase! my opinion is...example in Jerusalem and Constantinople u have the special buildings of the holy sepulchre and the dome of the rock and Haigha Sophia my idea was why dont u guys add the 4 orthodox patriarchates of Constantinople and Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria i reckon it will make it more realistic and evan more better???? thank u and i just wanna say BC is the bessst!!!!!

Just one small suggestion regarding the music in BC 4.0. Include some from "Istanbul: La Sublime Porte":

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sublime-Port.../dp/B005LL4U8Q

The songs are great and I thought they would be perfect for the game.

Meaning BC 3.0, of course.

I just had a look at it and "Siretsi yares Taran-Noubar noubar" sounds great. Do you now what it means?

Edit: You can edit your posts after you have submitted them

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

also you can replace some ''akritika'' (music type) from byzantium with byzantine music and psalmody.for example when you begin for the first time a byzantine campaign in the load screen you hear an easter psalm (christos anesti ).that kind of music i suggest for byzantium. also i want to answer,if we're gonna see some new units for some factions and also if we will see new historical buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by megalitho View Post
    I just had a look at it and "Siretsi yares Taran-Noubar noubar" sounds great. Do you now what it means?

Edit: You can edit your posts after you have submitted them
    Nope, I have no idea. But CD cover says its a traditional Armenic song. "En Sarer II" is also in the same style.

Hi everyone! I have a small suggestion regarding unique buildings. I think that there should be an option of adaptation the most important historical religious buildings by all the factions. Like what happened with the Haghia Sophia or the Omar Mosque. Those buildings should not only effect the happines level, but after some time should also effect the religion level for the new owning faction. I do belive that sth simmilar was used by rusnmat in his RBBR submod, but I donno if it effected the religion or only happienes.

Oh, and ofcourse this mod ROCKS!

Jedi Knight's Avatar Civis

I don't know it fits campaign but this is a good example of eastern music.

Quote Originally Posted by Amokio View Post
    Hi everyone! I have a small suggestion regarding unique buildings. I think that there should be an option of adaptation the most important historical religious buildings by all the factions. Like what happened with the Haghia Sophia or the Omar Mosque. Those buildings should not only effect the happines level, but after some time should also effect the religion level for the new owning faction. I do belive that sth simmilar was used by rusnmat in his RBBR submod, but I donno if it effected the religion or only happienes.

Oh, and ofcourse this mod ROCKS!
    You also can do that by yourself.
    First, go to "....\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data"
    And here, there is a text file, which is "export_descr_buildings"

Open that and find the "Kaaba", for instance.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building hinterland_kaaba
    {
    levels kaaba
    {
    kaaba city requires factions { middle_eastern, southern_european, } and hidden_resource cantbuild
    {
    capability
    {
    happiness_bonus bonus 3
    law_bonus bonus 10
    }

There, you can include another line like "happiness_bonus bonus 3"; it is "amplify_religion_level 1"
    You can change the number whatever you wish to see in the game.
    For example, I change the "law_bonus to 10" for the sake of it is forbidden to shedding blood in the presence Kaaba.

amplify_religion_level is different from religion_level bonus; religion level bonus only increases the current region's religion level, like Mosques, Churches etc.

Laetus

i have lowered the price of buildings in medieval 2 total war broken crescent ...if u want to lower buildings price thn use the following link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ana9pru77nz2mr1
    this link contains the text file that u will have to paste in the
    Medieval 2 total war /mods/broken_cresent_kingdoms/data
    the file shld be pasted inside the data file

its for bc 2.3

Is there any chance of a AOR Mod for 2.3? also for BC3 you should (imo) include an on/off option for AOR, it would add to the enjoyment of the Mod for people (like me) who prefer to not have the restriction.
    Last edited by Ansar Warrior; February 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Hello Folks,

I have questions regarding JIZYA. This was a non muslim tax imposed upon the non-muslim populations in the Islamic sultanates. Can we have something like this, in which instead of converting the whole population ,we can impose a jizya, maybe by a special building. This bulding can give bonus taxation.

The Islamic empires especially in India gradually realized that if the entire non-muslim population converted to islam, they would no more get revenue to expand their large armies. The experience in Persia taught them, as within 300-400 years it converted to islam. Hence Jizya was kept but never imposed forcefull. During wars, the jizya generated revenues to raise armies for military campaigns.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Technically, that's possible, but whether it will be needed - this I can't tell right now. We'll see after 2.4 release.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Technically, that's possible, but whether it will be needed - this I can't tell right now. We'll see after 2.4 release.
    I dont think it applies to our timeframe.... as in it was profitable to the umayyeds and possibly ottomans.... but not any other empire because christians were a minority.. right?