Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

I've a question regarding specific region's units - I recently been playing in Broken Crescent 2.03 mod and started campaign with Abassids. Problem is that I can't recruit most of iraqi units. For example I would like to make some kurdish swordsmen - what I have to do to make them? I've searched that they need barracks of certain level - which I have in Baghdad - and hidden iraq region resources. I presumed that it means I've got to recruit them in regions that belong to iraqi "sector". Do I have to conquer all of Iraq, or I need some kind of other building to get them?

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Holy.Death View Post
    I've a question regarding specific region's units - I recently been playing in Broken Crescent 2.03 mod and started campaign with Abassids. Problem is that I can't recruit most of iraqi units. For example I would like to make some kurdish swordsmen - what I have to do to make them? I've searched that they need barracks of certain level - which I have in Baghdad - and hidden iraq region resources. I presumed that it means I've got to recruit them in regions that belong to iraqi "sector". Do I have to conquer all of Iraq, or I need some kind of other building to get them?
    lol no... they are recruited in castles only... so u need to sieze mosul, al anbar and kermenshah (make it the first because it is a fortress and very useful) in order to recruit them

But I've got a castle in Wasit and I coudn't make them there. I need to upgrade castle into fortress?

Also I have another issue. When I was starting campaign I turn "manage all cities" option, but when my general leaves town it is unmanageable. Is it an error in these mod or authors do it on purpose to make player use automanage function? I would like to do it myself rather than give it to the AI. Also keeping governors in every city is a bad idea, because each of them cost about 700 gold, and these is just uneconomic. Any advices what to do in that situation?

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

can some one tell me why unit quality are always is low?
    when i chenge it,noting happens!
    is it have any fix or some?????
    please answer me

But I've got a castle in Wasit and I coudn't make them there. I need to upgrade castle into fortress?

Also I have another issue. When I was starting campaign I turn "manage all cities" option, but when my general leaves town it is unmanageable. Is it an error in these mod or authors do it on purpose to make player use automanage function? I would like to do it myself rather than give it to the AI. Also keeping governors in every city is a bad idea, because each of them cost about 700 gold, and these is just uneconomic. Any advices what to do in that situation?
    umm open the building explorer and search the barracks level needed (should be a castle cause they arent an alite unit)

as for the auto-manage thing, yea it is an error unfortunately... hopefully it will be resolved

Harith - Yes, I'm not a new guy in Total War series. I've always look at tech tree to see what buildings I need. I have searched for Kurdish Swordsmen, and never found them. I can only produce four types of men and none of them are units connected to region - all are my faction units. Is there something wrong with installed mod version?
    Last edited by Holy.Death; October 24, 2011 at 04:12 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

@Holy.Death, you can only recruit Kurdish Swordsmen in Mosul and Kirkuk, as these two regions have iraq hidden_resource. I know that's not accurate, but that setting was not about accuracy but diversification of recruitment. Recruitment and AOR will be greatly changed in 2.4.

As for issue with configuration and auto-management, check out attached file.

@Armazd, check out attached .cfg as well. Just copy it over old one, make changes to video settings and play. They shouldn't change now.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; October 24, 2011 at 07:28 AM.

Under the patronage of m_1512

wudang_clown - Yes, I seized fortress at north-west from Baghdad and I can recruit Kurdish Swordsmen in there. Is there a way to find out all hidden resources needed to produce region-specific units? Or do I have to conquer province after province and check it out manually? I would like to get my hands on the map detailing what can I build and where.

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

Thnx Bro
    i copying it

wudang_clown - Yes, I seized fortress at north-west from Baghdad and I can recruit Kurdish Swordsmen in there. Is there a way to find out all hidden resources needed to produce region-specific units? Or do I have to conquer province after province and check it out manually? I would like to get my hands on the map detailing what can I build and where.
    Hidden_resources are listed at the top of export_descr_buildings.txt. You can check which regions have which resources in descr_regions.txt.

Alternatively, you can check factional AOR's here and check which units require which resources here (just click on an unit of your interest and check "Requires condition" column).

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

i have problem with that!
    when i copy that bc configuresion the game load in win mod
    not full screen
    any idea what can i do?

Ah, I'm very sorry, I've confused files. Here's the good one.

Cool! Also, as I just downloaded BC2.3, in my opinion the unit description is a bit hard to read. I like it when there are long sentences so you don't have to scroll alot and makes it an easy read. I think vanilla m2tw kingdoms was clearer, what do you guys think about it?

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

Many thanks
    it is became better

It's me again. I'm playing Abassid campaign and gaining more and more territories. I have a few issues that I'm not certain of:

1. How I can recruit Caliph Guard heavy cavalry? I got one unit at the beginning but in building browser there aren't any unit, even on highest level of stables it doesn't show Caliph Guard as unit I can make. I also would like to know how to recruit Royal Ghulam Lancers. I need to wait for some kind of event to get those units recruitable?

2. About castles and cities development. In Kingdoms and Stainless Steel system was pretty the same. You needed high chivalry governors which gave bonus to population growth. But now I'm not able to get so high growth to get a citadel, and I can't build anything more to boost my population. What to do?

nnnm's Avatar Senator

think u can get them only at Baghdad

1. How I can recruit Caliph Guard heavy cavalry? I got one unit at the beginning but in building browser there aren't any unit, even on highest level of stables it doesn't show Caliph Guard as unit I can make.
    They show up in my building browser, and they are available from Sultan's Stables (and higher tier stables) in Wasit (to mention only your starting regions).
    I also would like to know how to recruit Royal Ghulam Lancers. I need to wait for some kind of event to get those units recruitable?
    All ghulams are available in cities with proper hidden_resource and proper level of BC slave system buildings. Out from the starting regions, you can recruit them in Baghdad.
    2. About castles and cities development. In Kingdoms and Stainless Steel system was pretty the same. You needed high chivalry governors which gave bonus to population growth. But now I'm not able to get so high growth to get a citadel, and I can't build anything more to boost my population. What to do?
    You still need a general with high chivalry, though development of castles in BC has been made harder than in vanilla.

I have another question. I solved that Lancers are unable to recruit by my faction. Caliph Guard is actually available, but only in a few of my regions that aren't citadels yet. Returning to my question, no one of my family members have died from an old age. One of the Caliph's brothers have 96 years, and Caliph himself got 92. Few other family members got over 80 or 70. Is this some kind of bug that blocks dying family members or I just got lucky and have really healthy gens in my family?

I'm kinda new here and reading thtrough the forum somebody advices to use RBBR submod. What do you guys advice to play bc2.3 with? With or without submod(s)? And if with, then which? Thnx!

I have another question. I solved that Lancers are unable to recruit by my faction. Caliph Guard is actually available, but only in a few of my regions that aren't citadels yet. Returning to my question, no one of my family members have died from an old age. One of the Caliph's brothers have 96 years, and Caliph himself got 92. Few other family members got over 80 or 70. Is this some kind of bug that blocks dying family members or I just got lucky and have really healthy gens in my family?
    well the age limit is set to 120.. u need to install RBBR in order to fix that and restart the whole campaign.