Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Hey BC team. First off great job on keeping the mod alive. I've really enjoyed playing this mod. Although I haven't for a year now. Just some feed back and I hope you guys don't get offended. The game at some point when your empire starts expanding beyond your "real recruitment are" gets pretty lame you are left with a few very weak militia units to recruit. Is there anyway you guys can address that? I'd say similar to what SS has done. (Love that mod but this mod brings more of a exotic and none mundane factions to it). Also lastly do you guys have a goal set of what the mod will finally look like? Like how many factions would there be and how big the map would be? Thanks! And once again great job!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

We will modify the so called area of recruitment, so the player will have much better recruitment options. I can't tell any details right now.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Foederatus

is the delhi sultanate going to be in playble in 2.4 ?

No. The project of implementing the Sultanate of Delhi have been abandonned even in the BC 3.0.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Hi guys. What is the state of unit costs and balance in the current release? Has a new edu been devised? Last I checked it was the same one from v. 1.0 which is bizarre and almost random with stats making the game confusing and not well balanced. I remember gamegeek made an edu, which was better, but still not great. I see that's disappeared. I would say just use RC/RR 2.0 but I hope that the Crusader states would get a few comparable heavy units to Egypt for later in game, assuming they survive long enough.

In fact we are currently needing workforce and manpower for the edu devising.

dj1621's Avatar Laetus

Hey guys I am new to TWC but would like to download the Mod.....have not been able to find a clean link....can anyone help?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    In fact we are currently needing workforce and manpower for the edu devising.
    I actually have experience with that from working on East of Rome. I was originally in charge of the edu until i abdicated due to a lack of time.

I came here to make a suggestion based on what I believe was a broken feature in 1.0. That is, "call for assistance." I think it would be interesting to give Makuria the ability to "call for assistance" from Ethiopia or Europe (but especially Ethiopia.)

does anyone know of a list of area of recruitment? currently on the verge of bankruptcy after taking Hamat as Armenia and i need heavy infantry also, would there be any interest in implementing a colonization feature as there is in Europa Barbarorum 2? to have different types of governments after conquest and perhaps open up a colony or military outpost of sorts and bring in more faction unique units or make a blend of native and foreign units unique to the conquering faction?

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

This mod is great, because it's very unique and well made. I'm really excited for the next release. There are couple of suggestions that I have.
    1. One is add the Kingdom of Antioch as a faction. I know adding a new faction is a lot of work, but I think you can split some units from the Kingdom of Jerusalem for Kingdom of Antioch. You can also use units from the crusade campaign. Adding this faction can make the kingdom of Jerusalem stronger.
    2. Another suggestion I have is using recruit_priority_offset in the edu. This can make the ai's army much better.
    3. One last suggestion is using http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09-Unit-Editor. This is a great tool for editing and can make the battle_models much cleaner and easier to read.
    Last edited by Battlefield; April 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    here are couple of suggestions that I have. One is add the Kingdom of Antioch as a faction.
    I don't see it working. I mean Antioch in reality occupied a small land in second half of XIIc. Then there will be Zengids in the next version of BC and they will be located just behind Antioch in the East. So in other words, Antioch would be put in between the anwil (Armenians) and the hammer (Zengids, which should be damned strong) and therefore no chance for surviving first several turns.

Wow it's a resurrection

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    I don't see it working. I mean Antioch in reality occupied a small land in second half of XIIc. Then there will be Zengids in the next version of BC and they will be located just behind Antioch in the East. So in other words, Antioch would be put in between the anwil (Armenians) and the hammer (Zengids, which should be damned strong) and therefore no chance for surviving first several turns.
    I see your point. But what if the script give them a bit more money than the factions surrounding it. Also, the kingdom of Antioch and Kingdom of Jerusalem can assist each other assuming both factions are ai controlled.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

ForGondor 68's Avatar Civis

Hi, do you think some settlement can be added to the mod or is it full ?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...73#post6259473 - post #5

You could also go to descr_regions and check there.
    -------------------------

Go to descr_strat and count the number of settlements. If there are fewer than 199, more can be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    my suggestion is for you to implement the stainless steel custom campaign map city/castle designs.
    they are very nice to look at and should not be difficult to implement for skilled modders like yourselves
    Hi, how do you implement the SS city/castle designs for broken crescent?

Hi, wonderful mod. Has resurrected MTW 2 for me !
    One question, why can't I set tax level in some cities (the option arrows are greyed out) ?
    Another general question about mtw II (not specific to tis mod) I've always wanted to know is, why can't I build things in some cities although there are buildings greyed out in the buildings to build? I do have a commander in the affected cities. Thanks in advance.

i know that you cannot set tax rates in castles so maybe check again whether it is a castle or a city again to make sure you didn't mistake it for a city when it was a castle.also some buildings require others to be built before they can be built. you can check this by opening the building browser and hovering your cursor over the grayed out building(as in the building browser) and it will tell you what building is required to be able to build it. hope this addresses your question.

Many More settlements? One way to do this, as I have explained for the upcoming Broader Roman Recruitment mod for 2.3, is this:

Use mountain or forest markers which look as 'concrete wall' tiles on the strat map. Have these go 3/4ths around a Resource. The 4th wall is a Permanent Fort.

Use text on the strat map itself to give the forts 'names' as though they were settlements. There also may be a script from Pro Deo et Rege or similar which actually allows the Fort to have a name as if it were a castle or town (i.e. like a real settlement).

If every resource is in fact a 'walled around fort' - then you have many many more settlements effectively in the game.

From the Forts you can recruit units too - the same mercenary units - or whichever units you had to a region as mercenary recruitable-like units.

The resources can have an extremely high value, making them very important.

The forts can have increased number of free upkeep slots, thus increasing the economic nature of them.

'Rebel' faction, that is the Independent Faction(s) can start out also holding many of these - even within regions technically held by other factions.

Scripting allows for the 'Independent Faction' to have a unique name based upon the region or area.

This way, other 'factions' can also be introduced to the game without a real limit on factions.

All together - many factions more than 30 and many more settlements than 199 can be had in the game, if we conceive of it as I have explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen-199 View Post
    i know that you cannot set tax rates in castles so maybe check again whether it is a castle or a city again to make sure you didn't mistake it for a city when it was a castle.also some buildings require others to be built before they can be built. you can check this by opening the building browser and hovering your cursor over the grayed out building(as in the building browser) and it will tell you what building is required to be able to build it. hope this addresses your question.
    Yes I think you are right. Guess it's back to the basic MTW II manual for me, thanks again.