Thread: Favorite/Best BC infantry unit?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Default Favorite/Best BC infantry unit?

I'm a huge BC fan(especially a fan of the unit skins) and I was just curious to ask, what BC infantry(melee, ranged, etc.,) is your favorite, for whatever reason. Be it aesthetic, armor level, attack power, versatility, charge, etc.,

Mine is a toss up between the Ghazi Heavy Axemen, Mamluk Tabardariyya, and Pelekyphoroi Axemen. All of them are very powerful, add great offensive capabilities to their factions, and have incredible skins.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Default Re: Favorite/Best BC infantry unit?

Gonna have to agree with you on that; I also think the Khevsur Swordsmen and Ghazi Warriors are pretty awesome.

Those ghazi axemen of ghorids, monaspa guys of georgia

Ahdath Infantry

I'm still fairly new to BC and havent played a ton of games, but the hybrid archers for the Ghaznavids are real fun. Let loose all my arrow and then charge behind my spears! The Ghaz overall have a style I really like

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

I have to say the Ghazi Heavy Axemen are my favorite.

i like the most the templar units,dismounted ghulams and abbasid faris axemen,but all units looking great here.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    i like the most the templar units,dismounted ghulams and abbasid faris axemen,but all units looking great here.
    The Knights of Saint john, Norman Knights, and Teutonic Knights are incredible too I think, but I think the Ritterbrudders from CA are just unbeatable in how cool they look. The Faris Axemen are pretty awesome looking. The horseman axes are just fantastic. I think the Rajput elite swordsmen are pretty well done too.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Dismounted monaspa lancers are my favourite

Dismounted Askaris, Ghazi Axmen, Khorsani Heavy Speamen, and Royal Ghulam Lancers.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Makurian Dembus Macemen are slaugthering pretty much everthing, doesnt matter if it is heavy armoured infantry or cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Makurian Dembus Macemen are slaugthering pretty much everthing, doesnt matter if it is heavy armoured infantry or cavalry.
    Units with Two-handed weapons in this mod are op IMO.
    Spam cheap Kabuli axmen and you end up winning the battle quite easily.
    I recommend you try RC mod if you think that way.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Those Rajput armoured swordsmen, hands down. They look simply amazing. Indians were known for having really decorated, colourful and extremely rich and intricate clothing whether or not in battle, and Broken Crescent is probably the only mod that did justice to that part of history.

Not to mention that the armour they wear (known as Coat of Ten Thousand Nails) was very popular and offered some of the best overall protection, around as much as those plated knights of Europe in 15th century, while still being mobile enough and adjusting to the Indian climate. It used to be very popular and was continuously in use all the way 1857, when the Mughal Empire was finally destroyed by the Britons.

Besides, despite their small numbers they do a good job if handled carefully even if they cost a lot. Can work as crack units as well as general swordsmen if needed.

I might be biased but then this is the unit I love the most, along with Roman cataphract cavalry and that colourful horse archer unit I forgot the name of.
    Last edited by General Maximus; December 21, 2015 at 11:52 AM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक