Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

one stragest ,,bug,, ( or it isn't bug ), characters live very long time, even more than 100 years!

is this normal ,,future,, for the mod or is this just ,,bug,, ?

Don't know what you guys think, but I think there should be a campaign revolving around the life of a historical character. You know, like in Napoleon.

There could be a campaign map of the holy land where you play as Saladin and his generals. Historical missions pop up where you must conquer certain regions, just as Saladin did.

Just mah thoughts.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad4Life View Post
    Don't know what you guys think, but I think there should be a campaign revolving around the life of a historical character. You know, like in Napoleon.

There could be a campaign map of the holy land where you play as Saladin and his generals. Historical missions pop up where you must conquer certain regions, just as Saladin did.

Just mah thoughts.
    Agree
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

Hm, I'm not sure how I feel about people consistently making it to their 100s. I feel like 80 is a decent age to kick it, but anytime from 55-80 would be a great time to die.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Authority is decisive when the game chooses a successor. Successor is the one with the biggest authority. So, it was supposed to influence a situation of succession, to complicate it a bit by giving more chances to other family members to be successors. To avoid concentration of power in hands of one person, each gubernatorial title has -2 loyalty. I'm not sure if that authority gives assumed results. If anyone can do some testing of it, we would be grateful.
    Loyalty just decreases chances of one general to rebel. Higher loyalty ones will most likely never revolt.
    As for authority - it is true, the one with the most authority will be the next heir. But most of the generals get titles from governing anyway, so all of them get +2 auth so it's useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blĉkk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=448763

That thread kinda says that the Indian factions are unplayable. Is that true?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Don't ask, try them yourself.

Under the patronage of m_1512

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

do vassal factions pay some tribute to their protector factions?

noticed 2 texture bugs... sindh general is a silver surfer, also the turko-persian horse is silver too

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by metsikhovne View Post
    do vassal factions pay some tribute to their protector factions?
    Yes, half of their income, and if the AI gets insane bonuses, you get half of it too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blĉkk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

kaesonius's Avatar Libertus

As to the Hindi nations, its possible to play as them, and succeed. the trick is to invest in troops early on and try to take everything you can nearby. Trying to cripple the other Hindi faction early on is recommended. Use your diplomat to the hilt and make everyone else happy (or at least not in a mood to attack you) then disband a lot of your expensive units and concentrate on trade and garrisoning your remaining troops in trouble spots until your money gets back into black then invest on more troops and infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    noticed 2 texture bugs... sindh general is a silver surfer, also the turko-persian horse is silver too
    Could you report it in Tech Help subforum, 2.3 Problem Reporting thread?

saglam2000's Avatar Campidoctor

Silver surfer general has been around since.. 2.01 or BC 2, its usually with the rebel generals
    "The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble."Anthony Hebert

‎"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Just something of note here, extremely aggravating and tbh i only see it with mods that dont get attention. BC is obviously the other case so ill just mention it and get some feedback.

Just leisurely conquering territories along the persian gulf with the abassid caliphate with my faction heir and a near full roster army. I approach firuzabad or whatever and it has near to no garrison. >End Turn> My Faction heir (who had about 8 loyalty and 7 piety because he had al quran and the first quran and other traits) is a traitor to your people.

What
    the
    hell
    is
    that. Literally standing on the other side of my territory and my faction heir decides he likes the goodlife in firuzabad province? I have no idea what happened so I just rage quit.

Honestly the rest of my dynasty sucks because he was conquering east and some other general I had was conquering west because I had no other family members at that time.

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by saglam2000 View Post
    Silver surfer general has been around since.. 2.01 or BC 2, its usually with the rebel generals
    Easy to fix, but problem should go into 2.3 Problems Reporting thread, guys. No one will later look for reports posted in wrong places, and you will be unsatisfied seeing the same bugs and glitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPoon View Post
    Just leisurely conquering territories along the persian gulf with the abassid caliphate with my faction heir and a near full roster army. I approach firuzabad or whatever and it has near to no garrison. >End Turn> My Faction heir (who had about 8 loyalty and 7 piety because he had al quran and the first quran and other traits) is a traitor to your people.
    Has he just rebelled? What are his traits?

Laetus

Hello everybody, this is my first post here at TWC, though i've been playing total war for a couple of years.
    I recently decided to give this mod a try, and I have no words, its and awesome work, congrats.
    I have some questions I hope you can help me with:
    -first of all, i've started a campaign on H/H with the makourians, i just destroyed the egyptians and i have quickly found that my native troops have a long way from my home cities/castles to any other enemy's lands. moving my fresh troops from faras to syria or northern arabia takes around 5-more turns. i know its intended to have your main recruitment center at your home cities, thus giving a more challenging factor to the campaign map. but given the geographical situation of faras, ibrim, dongola... (the very southwest corner of the map) your frontiers become quickly isolated from your home, issue that more central factions dont have, because they can expand to any direction.
    what do you think about this? would it be possible to expand makouria's native AOR to adress this issue? maybe the 2-3 settlements south of arabian dessert (rebels at the start)?

-also, i have noted that Indian Ocean Trade yields a poor income boost, usually around 50-80 per turn, when costing 3200 to build (maybe more, im not sure)
    whats the point of building something that is taking more than 40 turns to start giving a benefit?

-last, but not least, i have read something that made me think:
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Yes, half of their income, and if the AI gets insane bonuses, you get half of it too...
    he is talking about the income you get when you have a vassal faction. i dont know if its a hardcoded thing, but i think its totally unfair that you can get half a faction's income, given that AI factions are making insane amounts. i think it sholud be something like 20%-25%, no more, because if you manage to get 2 or 3 vassal factions, that would be more or less like having infinite money.

once more, congratulations for this fantastic mod, i hope you keep working on it.
    PS: and sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Hello everybody, this is my first post here at TWC, though i've been playing total war for a couple of years.
    I recently decided to give this mod a try, and I have no words, its and awesome work, congrats.
    I have some questions I hope you can help me with:
    -first of all, i've started a campaign on H/H with the makourians, i just destroyed the egyptians and i have quickly found that my native troops have a long way from my home cities/castles to any other enemy's lands. moving my fresh troops from faras to syria or northern arabia takes around 5-more turns. i know its intended to have your main recruitment center at your home cities, thus giving a more challenging factor to the campaign map. but given the geographical situation of faras, ibrim, dongola... (the very southwest corner of the map) your frontiers become quickly isolated from your home, issue that more central factions dont have, because they can expand to any direction.
    what do you think about this? would it be possible to expand makouria's native AOR to adress this issue? maybe the 2-3 settlements south of arabian dessert (rebels at the start)?

-also, i have noted that Indian Ocean Trade yields a poor income boost, usually around 50-80 per turn, when costing 3200 to build (maybe more, im not sure)
    whats the point of building something that is taking more than 40 turns to start giving a benefit?

-last, but not least, i have read something that made me think:

he is talking about the income you get when you have a vassal faction. i dont know if its a hardcoded thing, but i think its totally unfair that you can get half a faction's income, given that AI factions are making insane amounts. i think it sholud be something like 20%-25%, no more, because if you manage to get 2 or 3 vassal factions, that would be more or less like having infinite money.

once more, congratulations for this fantastic mod, i hope you keep working on it.
    PS: and sorry for my english
    English is fine, its very hard to get vassals, you have to be much bigger than the vassal most of he time and your reputation has to be good.
    Is that all it yields really?

Also for the AOR problem http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322055

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    quickly found that my native troops have a long way from my home cities/castles to any other enemy's lands. moving my fresh troops from faras to syria or northern arabia takes around 5-more turns.

I hope the BC team addresses this in a new recruitment system. Personally I'd like to see the ability to recruit all levy through professional troops of the faction anywhere I've got the right religion % and faction buildings. No elites and obviously no region specific troops, so no Kabuli axemen in Jersusalem. Also no elephant units unless there are elephants present (as trade good) in the region, etc.

The sub mod doesn't address any of that so I'd rather stick with the official release on this.

For your immediate problem, use the sea as best you can to ship men and otherwise have one of your family members institute some army reforms - demanding a certain % of foreign auxiliaries in each army

Are the stone forts and placement of cities on river crossways messing up AI pathing? Rather than entering the stone fort/city I could swear I saw the AI auto-path some completely inefficient route way out and around these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I hope the BC team addresses this in a new recruitment system. Personally I'd like to see the ability to recruit all levy through professional troops of the faction anywhere I've got the right religion % and faction buildings. No elites and obviously no region specific troops, so no Kabuli axemen in Jersusalem. Also no elephant units unless there are elephants present (as trade good) in the region, etc.
    I heartily agree with this idea.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 12, 2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: multiple posting merged
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Please fix the dismounted knights of KoJ, they are the joke of the Middle East .

I dont know if u have tested them but the early templars and early and late hospitallers (all the knights with sword) cant beat no one... even the cheapest and weakest unit of the game can beat them... And the late templars and teutonics are good, but I dont know if their price is justified...