Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Byzantine hymns are just amazing.
    post apocalyptic
    metal gear solid - greek fans

"οὐκ ἐν τῷ πολλῷ τὸ εὖ

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post

If you have winXP, you can keep it in Program Files. If you have Vista/Win7 (known to have problems with this) - anywhere except program files, e.g. C:/Games/Sega/M2TW

I do have Vista. I've tried to move the entire SEGA folder (with MTW2 and BC) out of program files as suggested but I can't seem to do that. What exactly is the "known" problem here?

It's so much easier for me to just install 2.3 right where I already have everything, including BC 2.2 on a MTW2 Kingdoms (gold) install. Since I'm already playing with no issues, isn't it safe to say I can continue doing so?

I only have a few gb's of hard drive space left, even after deleting TATW for this.... (so I can't just do another install outside of prgram files and I'd rather not delete what I already have and start all over). that's why i'm asking.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Then just try to install 2.3 on your current installation, in Program Files. If you have any problems with it, post them in Tech Forum, not here, please.

Known issues with Vista and Program Files are that with UAC turned on security is blocking any unauthorized (M2TW modifications are not recognizable as authorized by Vista and 7) changes to anything installed in Program Files.

Under the patronage of m_1512

All right will do. Already tried that and game wouldn't launch so if I can't figure it out, I'll post up in the help section.

it does appear that there is something different between running 2.02 on a kingdoms install and 2.3, designed for kingdoms, that way in program files. Oh well!

This is a great mod, guys. Thank you for your hard work.
    I had no problems installing it but I have one little question - can I still change the unit size, statistics and other things in the export descr.unit text like in the other mods or it is not possible?

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Wudang, I have a problem.

I installed BC 2.3 after hours of waiting for a torrent to work, installed it into M2TW/mods (turned into mods/BC kingdoms) got several computer freezes, and now it looks like only the ui, fmv, and sounds are in the data folder! So it looks like VANILLA! My god, how do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchio View Post
    Wudang, I have a problem.

I installed BC 2.3 after hours of waiting for a torrent to work
    How many seeder do ou had while downloading? If you start the download at 2.00 am (CET), my PC is turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchio View Post
    and now it looks like only the ui, fmv, and sounds are in the data folder! So it looks like VANILLA! My god, how do I fix this?
    Have you installed all 3 parts seperately?

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

ALHAMDULILLAH!

wow finally, Thanks!
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

@ Grouchio, it looks to me you haven't installed all three parts of the mod. You have to launch all three installers.

But please in future post such questions in the questions or the tech help thread.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Moment if i have a 2.15 version-the last one i need install it in another folder???

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Moment if i have a 2.15 version-the last one i need install it in another folder???
    The last one is 2.02 and is installed on bare M2TW. 2.3 is for Kingdoms, so you have to install it into M2TW/mods/broken_crescent_kingdoms.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Great release, it's very nice to have continued work on this mod. The change in faction's placement is interesting, even if I wish good luck to Ghurid's players when mongols arrive.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Superb, guys, thank you very much! Now add Crac des Chevaliers next time and this world will be perfect.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

BC 2.3 update!!
    i was really surprised to find bc in kingdoms-mods - great improvement and thanks for the fantastic work!

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

I had downloaded all 3 files da begin the instalation the mod, but the installer don't work, I had many times try to install, but it don't work again. I have windows wista and after I hade try open the installer ,,with administration,, but it don't work really again.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    I had downloaded all 3 files da begin the instalation the mod, but the installer don't work, I had many times try to install, but it don't work again. I have windows wista and after I hade try open the installer ,,with administration,, but it don't work really again.
    İT LL.for me it has began to install late.but finally its making.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

I have to say, I approve of the use of music from the game Homeworld as battle music

So far so good!

Finally got around to installing from scratch today. Might want to add a note though that you have to point the installer to the correct location 3 times - once for each of the 3 parts. Some people could easily miss that and put the last one or both of the following 2 parts in the wrong place.

congratulations on your release , can't wait to try it out.
    Big thanks to all developers of this mod ...in a words of dirty harry ''go a head make my day''!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Might want to add a note though that you have to point the installer to the correct location 3 times - once for each of the 3 parts. Some people could easily miss that and put the last one or both of the following 2 parts in the wrong place.
    Good point. Additional advice added.