Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Arabian Shiekhs (soldier: armenian_javcav) and Ahdath Infantry (soldier: aux_arab_spearmen).

Also, you can always check unit's codename in data/text/export_unit.txt file.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Arabian Shiekhs (soldier: armenian_javcav) and Ahdath Infantry (soldier: aux_arab_spearmen).

Also, you can always check unit's codename in data/text/export_unit.txt file.

Thanks man! That is exactly what I needed! And to be honest, Broken Crescent is far better than any of the actual total war expansions or games, no offense to CA, you guys still did an incredible job making this game initially. BC is the BEST mod so far. Hands down.

I don't have 1.5 version on my pc but i have kinfdoms so 1.4. so I can't play? need 1.5?

Yes, you need Kingdoms 1.5 patch to play BC 2.3.2.2.

I am very eager to play the BC 2.3 and I have only played the Mongol mod long time back. Anyways just wanted to know if anyone will be interested in making a India mod. Unknown to many India has had a very long tradition of military history. I am new to this but would like to help. Let me know what kind of money is involved in this.
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.

It will also be interesting to pay attention in the next version of the 'mod' to the Chauhans and the Pratihara Rajputs who defeated Mohammad Ghori several times and kept Islamic armies at bay for centuries.
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change/edit unit's weapons? For example, changing from a mace or club to a scimitar? I would really appreciate the help. So far this thread has been very helpful, and i'm still finishing up the Ayyubid campaign which is amazing btw!

Thanks!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412456

Then you have to change the effects of the weapon. Go to

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> export_descr_unit.txt

Find the unit you want to change, find this line

stat_sec 4, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, blunt, mace, 60, 1

Change it to something like

stat_sec 4, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 60, 1

Then go to

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\unit_models -> unit_models.db

Open it with Notepad. Find the unit and change its animation. Change it from

4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

To

4 None
    10 MTW2_Sword 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

If you don't have the skill to alter the unit's look, you can just change the effects and the animation.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> export_descr_unit.txt

Then go to

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\unit_models -> unit_models.db

4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

To

4 None
    10 MTW2_Sword 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

If you don't have the skill to alter the unit's look, you can just change the effects and the animation.
    Ok. Thanks But in terms of changing in to a specific sword type. What I'm trying to do is to change the mace models of all of the Muslim faction mace/club infantry and Muslim factions mace cavalry, all to scimitars instead of maces.

Thanks for your help!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ayyubid View Post
    What I'm trying to do is to change the mace models of all of the Muslim faction mace/club infantry and Muslim factions mace cavalry, all to scimitars instead of maces.
    That would be totally anti historical. Just so you know.

And there is a good reason, maces were used against heavy armor. That is because a scimitar is anywhere from somewhat ineffective -- to completely useless against it.

A scimitar is designed to swipe at a man, yielding devastating cuts. Tests have shown also how deadly they are on horse back -- you barely even need to swing one to lop a man's arm or head off due to the curve of the blade + momentum of the horse. This is why cavalry took to using curved blades the world over.

However, this effectiveness is completely reliant on the man not wearing any heavy armor. From there, depending on the type, a scimitar is not effective.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    That would be totally anti historical. Just so you know.

And there is a good reason, maces were used against heavy armor. That is because a scimitar is anywhere from somewhat ineffective -- to completely useless against it.

A scimitar is designed to swipe at a man, yielding devastating cuts. Tests have shown also how deadly they are on horse back -- you barely even need to swing one to lop a man's arm or head off due to the curve of the blade + momentum of the horse. This is why cavalry took to using curved blades the world over.

However, this effectiveness is completely reliant on the man not wearing any heavy armor. From there, depending on the type, a scimitar is not effective.
    I'm aware my friend. I am a central Asian and Islamic history major. I know the weapon and armor types of medieval, ancient, renaissance, and industrial period Muslim armies, and I'm doing this for aesthetic purposes. For example, some of the Muslim light cavalry units have maces that look like clubs. Bedouins of Arabia used finely curved Indian and Persian swords from horseback, which were brought to Oman and Yemen since the Prophet Mohammad(S.a.W.) time. They even have the contract in which the prophet purchased Indian blades in a museum, not sure which. The Turks were renowned for using heavy maces. Maces are also actually armor piercing, however that does not play a factor in many aspects of M2TW. But even then, it's not about historical accuracy. It's about troop aesthetics, and learning a bit about unit editing.

This is a good mode !

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Then go to

4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

To

4 None
    10 MTW2_Sword 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

Hi, I went to the data folder in Broken crescent and opened the unit model folder, and found the folders of all of the factions. When I open a unit's model file with notepad, I get seemingly gibberish, like random script with an occasional word like "body" or "thigh" appearing. It's mainly just symbols. Any tips?

You have to open Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb file. That's what you are looking for.

Heh, I went to the right place to get the path right, I looked at the file, I opened it, then I typed it wrong. Yeah, battle_models.

If you actually get good at editing models, let me know. I have some models for you to change.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Heh, I went to the right place to get the path right, I looked at the file, I opened it, then I typed it wrong. Yeah, battle_models.

If you actually get good at editing models, let me know. I have some models for you to change.
    Sure thing my friend. I'll see where this goes and let you know.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

You have to open Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb file. That's what you are looking for.
    Wudang_clown thanks! I will try this now. In return for helping me out, if the BC teams needs a hand, let me know, just shoot me a message. I know a substantial amount about Islamic history, warfare, and medieval warfare, all the way through the 19th century, til the 1924 abolishment of the ottomans, as well as central Asian, southeast Asian, and middle eastern history, from 500 AD onward.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hi wudang_clown! I tried editing the unit animation script to change many mace and club animations to sword animations exactly in the way that the previous person mentioned how to do so, but now I have a black screen whenever I try to run BC, any tips?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    It will also be interesting to pay attention in the next version of the 'mod' to the Chauhans and the Pratihara Rajputs who defeated Mohammad Ghori several times and kept Islamic armies at bay for centuries.
    Not true. Mohammad Ghori was defeated on in his first battle of his conquest of India by the armies of Raja Prithviraj the 3rd(who ruled modern day Rajasthan and Punjab), under the command of General Govindraj in 1191. In 1192 Mohammad Ghori sent another army of horsemen and completely conquered Rajasthan and Punjab up through Delhi, which resulted in Govindraj being slain and Prithviraj being captured . My friend you should read the history. It was one battle in one year in which the Rajputs stopped Mohammad ghori. The next year the rajputs were completely defeated and Rajasthan/Punjab were conquered by Mohammad Ghori.

very nice work on the new version and thnx to all bc team for the amazing work
    i noticed a double kurdish javeleenman recruitment slots at kirkuk