Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Love the new version! Especially the new soundtrack. My only discontent is that all AI factions have become too stubborn to negotiate with. It kind of takes the fun out of diplomacy and makes it feel like its you versus the world. Perhaps the AIs attitude towards you should be made into something between what we have now and what we had in 2.02 for the next release?

EDIT: At least for easy/medium campaign difficulty. Hard of very hard should have a difficult diplomacy.
    Last edited by ManuelKomnenos; May 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Hey guys I installed MTW2 completly new into C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. After I installed MTW2 Gold Edition (Patch 1.5 should be included, right?) I saw that I need a C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\broken_cresent_kingdoms file, so i create a broken_cresent_kingdoms file and installed there my 3 parts of BC 2.3. When i click on the bc_launch button he says that i have insert the wrong cd. I have just installed mtw2, patch 1.5 and the three parts of 2.3, no earlier version of bc. So what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Agarastop View Post
    Thanks for your quick responses. So the installation path of Part 1 is C: / M2TW/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms. And in Part 2 and 3 is the installation path C: / M2TW/Mods is that right?
    is he right? but i have to create the broken_crescent_kingdoms folder of my self,right? When i deleted my selfcreated broken_crescent_kingdoms folder and installed just the first part to C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods then he creates one by hisself. so where i have to install the second and third part? according to the indroduction i have to install all three parts into the /Broken_Crescent_kingdoms but when i do this he said that kingdoms.exe couldnt be found.

Problem solved: http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=232&t=1459
    Just replace the kingdoms.exe with the one they have posted.
    Last edited by Nihahs; May 24, 2011 at 05:29 AM.

Nice can`t wait to try new version!!!

Do i need any previous versions to install broken crescent?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

No, you don't need any previous versions of BC to install and play 2.3.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Nickpes's Avatar Civis

Hi again

I would like to write my first impression of the mod. I played two campaigns, Medium, Medium

First was with the Romans. Liked it cause starting with an empty treasury was very challenging.I was doing pretty well till the crusaders arrived in 1204, being first to nearly every category, but the crusaders arrival which I did not have in mind, made me ... quit the game then cause I had no troops anywhere near fighting in Mesopotamia at the time.

Now I play as the Ayyubids doing well

I like VERY MUCH the models, music ... I think it is a great job you did.

What I did not like ( at all) , and thus would want to see it becoming better, is diplomacy. From the moment someone attacks me, even if I have him down with only one settlement, offering ceasefire , trade rights and thousands ( even 4-5.000 gold) so that I let him live, the enemy refuses ... My example is real, I did this offer to Makuria, left with only one city which has the leader and one unit ( they have NO other troops ) and they turned it down. Offcourse they will be destroyed after that. I make same offerings to others whom I win in the war but want to end it, and they refuse. Like everybody wants to have war with me. I think the team should take care of it.

Also, on both games ( ok, maybe a coincidence but it was in both games ) Armenia and Georgia came to be among the top powers in overall, something which especially Armenia never had even the slightest chance to achieve. I just take this to be out of luck in both my games though, just noticing it.

OVERALL, I like it VERY MUCH, I just point out what i do not like cause I would love to see your mod becoming even better.

Well done lads

cheers
    "Greeks do not fight like heroes,heroes fight like Greeks" , Sir W.Churchill

fox991's Avatar Civis

Its awesome i am waiting now for the fourth version

fox991's Avatar Civis

Its work for windows XP right????

Yes, it will work on all Windows operating systems. I don't know about Mac or Linux.
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.
    - General George Monck (a great and noble English patriot and gentleman)

fox991's Avatar Civis

Oh yeah is it work in Mac ....... because i want to download it on my laptop

I know you can get M2TW & Kingdoms on the Mac, but I don't know of anyone who has ported a mod to the Mac. So as far as I know, no you can't get it on Mac.
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    The problem is most mods are contained in executable files (.exe) which you double-click to run on windows. Macs don't comprehend how to open exe files hence you can't install any mod that uses an exe. You need to get the contents of the installers and put it in the appropriate place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Any mod will work on a mac provided you have parallels installed to allow you to run windows to run the exe, otherwise only mods with zip/rar files.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3182

Oh,

That is interesting, it is as if the Mac system deals directly with the media content, no middleman!

Thanks megalitho,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->

vau

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Thank's for this release ! I like your ambiance, your skins... It's a very good news BC 2.3 work with Kingdoms !! Let's go to try it !

Turn 73 or 74 in my KoJ game and I CTD with some error. Now I can't load any of my previous saves. It just crashes the game with a very similar error whenever I try to load a save.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

It's probably the 4th Crusade in 1204 and 1205. It's a known issue that was apparently not fully fixed. There is a VERY extensive thread in the main area someone created about it, the key words and dates in my 1st sentence there will find it.

On a related note to Wudang and crew: I had the same issue in my current campaign (as Ghurids). I stupidly saved during the year 1204 without thinking about it. Fog of war toggle showed the two 4th Crusade army stacks outside Constantinople with green movement arrows all buggy on the map. Also, the general models and portraits were not KoJ/European but Eastern... Mongol or the like. I couldn't see the army make up to tell if they were really eastern bodyguard units or not. It seems in the fix this error was made and also it did not fix the CTD. I think you need to place the 2 stacks starting out on the map at very different spots so they cannot "bounce" off the walls of Constantinople at the same place... and CTD.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Congratulations guys, well done! As a veteran BC player for me this is really delightful news, even though because of the RL I haven't been able to play the BC for a while now still this is wonderful news.
    You said that this 2.3 version is portable to Kingdoms expansion, so it's no longer connected to M2tw like it was before.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

well the game now is very challenging, playing with the Ayyubid isn't easy anymore, recruiting elite forces takes a hell a lot of time, you don't rule over Syria anymore, which means that you will have to race with the Crusader KOJ over Syria, Makuria still the most stupid faction I ever seen, they never attack me, even with having light garrison in the border cities they do nothing just roaming the borders for nothing, Makuria is a herding dog faction hahaha
    anyhow I have a question, why I can't build any kind of Forts (wooden/stone) the only available building that my generals can build is watch towers, is it normal?

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

I think thats because there is permanent forts now.