Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

the installer is giving loots of trouble. it freezes my computer and takes ages to open.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown;9488571 [CENTER

1. [*]Medieval 2 Total War + Kingdoms + Patch 1.5 - all installed outside Program Files directory (for the sake of your peace and quiet)

[/CENTER]
    Can you give an example of where that would be? I currently have BC 2.02 installed on a kingdoms edition MTW2 in the default location (in C:/Program Files (x86)/Sega/ etc) and have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Installation path of BC 2.3 should be "M2TW/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" (no more, no less)! Installer automatically adds "/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" to the path chosen by you, so watch out to not to set "/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/broken_crescent_kingdoms"!

Wouldn't the installation path at least be "C:/M2TW/".....etc) ?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan_Hoplite View Post
    i used it with steam and it works perfectly. I used the kingdoms launcher which was also used for bc2.02. for mod name i just typed "Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". The path was "...mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" and for game exe pick Kingdoms. I installed it with UAC and my antivirus program disabled just to avoid any problems. It also helps to run the Kingdoms Launcher through "Run as Administrator" I haven't got any CTDs or errors yet so hopefully it works just as well for other steam users. I didn't have to delete any files or move folders around like with BC2.02. GREAT MOD!!!!
    Hey so on steam I need to enable tho mod in the kingdoms launcher ... can you tell me how to do that?

Fantastic. Great work. Thanks for this amazing update!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Can you give an example of where that would be? I currently have BC 2.02 installed on a kingdoms edition MTW2 in the default location (in C:/Program Files (x86)/Sega/ etc) and have no problems.

If you have winXP, you can keep it in Program Files. If you have Vista/Win7 (known to have problems with this) - anywhere except program files, e.g. C:/Games/Sega/M2TW

seeeeed!!!!

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    the installer is giving loots of trouble. it freezes my computer and takes ages to open.
    correct.i had same after 10 minutes of waiting it has began.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    correct.i had same after 10 minutes of waiting it has began.
    Come on, brethren, stop moaning.

@lordryu, first of all, you have two problems, not "lots" of it. Secondly, freezing is linked with processing powers of your computer dealing with large files, and long time to open an installer is linked with UAC service scanning each installer file. That's security issue and that concerns every big installer or file you want to run as administrator having UAC on, not only 2.3

Under the patronage of m_1512

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

Come on, brethren, stop moaning.
    its not a moan. i congratulate the team for good work.i just say what i ve live.as a müslim i never say lie.with such an altitude u must not talk the people whom u dont know about jack

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    its not a moan. i congratulate the team for good work.i just say what i ve live.as a müslim i never say lie.with such an altitude u must not talk the people whom u dont know about jack
    And who said about lying? Don't be so touchy, I don't think bad about you, jack.

However, we have spend too much time to hear about problems which are not problems at all. You have to wait only 10 minutes and only while installing the mod to play it, and we have had to spend few hundred hours altogether, preparing this release (so tell me more about my attitude!) - researching, gathering materials, discussing things, coding, preparing layout, preparing soundtrack etc. After this it's hard not to assess a post as a moaning if it contains nothing else but complaint about something which isn't even related to our work.

We don't expect reps and laurels and all of that stuff. We expect reliable reports concerning BC 2.3. It's not too much, is it?

And don't take it personally, man.

Agarastop's Avatar Libertus

Yeehaa! I've managed to install BC. Just great. The new music is simply fantastic. Of all the Total War Mods, BC always has the most beautiful music.

Edit: One question: Why are you still using this old city models? They look so small and simple
    Last edited by Agarastop; May 03, 2011 at 08:35 AM.

it has nothing to do with that our computers processing power,the setup just starts late
    and i just installed in program files like always and nothing happened
    but nice job guys 2.3 is awesome

It does have. On my new computer it takes 3 seconds for the setup to start. Disabling anti-virus may help, because it takes time to scan such a large file. (Mainly because it contains hundreds of small files, which makes the scan very slow on low-end pc's.)

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Does this have 3.0 EDU?

Quote Originally Posted by Agarastop View Post
    Edit: One question: Why are you still using this old city models? They look so small and simple
    Because all mods use Agart's models. If you don't like vanilla models, you can install Agart's models on 2.3. There is a link to his work somewhere in Submod section of this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by nurhak View Post
    it has nothing to do with that our computers processing power,the setup just starts late
    Every setup of an application that is 1 GB big will start with delay. And if you have UAC in Vista/7 switched on it's a dead cert. Operating system needs time to process such a big package, and the processor is quite busy while doing this. So, it has very much to do with processing powers of our computers.
    and i just installed in program files like always and nothing happened
    Yes, but all depends on your operating system and whether or not UAC is switched off. We advice people to install M2TW and mods outside Program Files, because there is absolutely no need to install games in that directory, and usually there is considerable benefit from installing it outside Program Files, namely that you don't need to worry about whether or not your UAC (if you have it on) will block your games for that or other security reason.
    but nice job guys 2.3 is awesome
    Thank you.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; May 03, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

wudang why not the mod is using Alejandro medieval messeage mod?

my processers is far away from low end and no virus scanner

but its done now so no problem to make

This is sooo sweeeet And the hotseat seems to be working as well. If the 2.3 is this good I am gonna need new underpants when the 3.0 comes out

I've never actually played Broken Crescent before but I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by superiguana View Post
    Hey so on steam I need to enable tho mod in the kingdoms launcher ... can you tell me how to do that?
    If you don't have the Kingdoms launcher, I believe you can download it from the BC2.02 release thread under the installation instructions for steam users. Then click on the Kingdoms Launcher (I usually click on "Run as Administrator"). Click File->New Mod. For mod name I typed in "Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". Then click on the browse button for selecting a path and select this path "...medieval ii\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". Finally click on the circle corresponding to Kingdoms exe. Now whenever you click "PLAY" on the launcher, after launching the game through steam, you should be able to see "Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". Hope it works!!!