Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Icon4 BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 !RELEASE! - !PREVIEW! AND !DOWNLOAD!

Introduction Broken Crescent team presents you a new version of Broken Crescent - 2.3! It includes several improvements, all listed below, which we hope you find refreshing. We also hope you will have a good time while playing 2.3 and waiting for subsequent releases. Enjoy!

Main features
    • Broken Crescent is now ported to Kingdoms expansion
    • Broken Crescent is now fully mod-foldered
    • New layout
    • New in-game cinematics
    • Improved soundtrack
    • The Great Seljuks swapped for The Seljuks of Iraq
    • Playable Chauhans
    • More interesting starting positions for most factions, with special attention given to Islamic factions
    • Extended and/or historical family trees for Islamic factions
    • Stronger rebel garrisons and armies and better developed cities and castles
    • New traits for Islamic factions - a basic system of royal titles and basic path of leader's career
    • Improved gubernatorial titles

Info pictures and loading screens New Info Pictures:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New Loading Screens:

New UI's:

New Royal Titles:

There are following royal titles and royal career paths in 2.3 (all listed titles appear in game instead of vanilla "Faction leader" trait):

Imam
    available for: Omanis

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +3 Tax Collection

Khalifa
    available for: Abbasids

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +3 Tax Collection

Malik al-Mu'azzam:
    available for: Sumras

effects: +2 Authority, +2 Law, +3 Personal Security, +3 Public Security, +2 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 10000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 3, Piety at least 1, Possession of 6 settlements (including Kolachee, Mansura, Sukkur and Thatta).

This title is pre-requisite for Sumras to gain Sultan title!

Khwarezmshah:
    available for: all Islamic factions

effects: +2 Authority, +3 Law, -3 Loyalty, +4 Personal Security, +2 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 5000, Chivalry at least 1, Piety at least 1, Possession of Urgench and Khiva.

This title is pre-requisite for Khwarezmshahs to gain Sultan title!

Sultan
    available for: Ayyubids, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, Khwarezmshahs, Seljuks of Iraq, Seljuks of Rum, Sumras

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 30000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 5, Piety at least 3, Possession of 8 settlements

Sultan al-Mu'azzam
    available for: Ayyubids, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, Khwarezmshahs, Seljuks of Iraq, Seljuks of Rum, Sumras

effects: +3 Authority, +4 Law, +4 Personal Security, +4 Public Security, +4 Tax Collection

conditions to obtain: Treasury of at least of 50000, Global standing 0.0, Chivalry at least 5, Piety at least 4, Possession of 12 settlements

Improved Gubernatorial Titles:

There are following gubernatorial titles in 2.3 (represented in ancillaries field of character scroll):

Amir
    available for Abbasids, Ayyubuds, Ghaznavids, Ghurids, Omanis, Sumras

Bdeshkh
    available for Armenians

Beg
    available for Seljuks of Iraq, Seljuks of Rum, Khwarezmshahs, Kypchaks

Despotis
    available for Romans

Duke
    available for Franks

Eristav
    available for Georgians

Raja
    available for Chauhans and Solankis

Sonoj
    available for Makurians

Each gubernatorial titles has the same effects:

+2 Authority, +3 Law, -2 Loyalty, +3 Personal Security, +10% Tax Collection

Watch for Loyalty level of generals you give gubernatorial offices to! Faction leader and Faction hair can't obtain gubernatorial titles.

A general can be a governor of only one settlement. A general can't obtain gubernatorial title while in a settlement if there is already a governor of that settlement on the map.

Possession of any settlement can give you one gubernatorial title. Your general can be now Duke of Delhi or Raja of Jerusalem - depending on faction of your choice.

Download links Direct links:

Mediafiles:

Complete 2.3

Depositfiles

Broken Crescent 2.3 (after you get this one, you have to download and install 2.3.2, and then 2.3.2.2!)

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

Courtesy of zburanuki.

Torrent

This is v2.3. You still have to apply 2.3.2 patch and 2.3.2.2 quickfix!

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?file=BC%202.3

Dropbox (the latest upload):

Click on for downloading:

PART I:
    PART II:
    PART III:

+ Patches:

PATCH 2.3.2
    PATCH 2.3.2.2

Installation
    Requirements:

1. [*]Medieval 2 Total War + Kingdoms + Patch 1.5 - all installed outside Program Files directory (for the sake of your peace and quiet)
    2. ~2.15 GB of free HD space for BC 2.3 installer + ~4 GB space of HD for BC 2.3 installation
    3. Installation path of BC 2.3 should be "M2TW/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" (no more, no less)! Installer automatically adds "/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" to the path chosen by you, so watch out to not to set "/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/broken_crescent_kingdoms"!

2.3 installation will not affect any other mods you have installed nor BC 2.02 installation, so you have both 2.02 and 2.3 installed on your computer.

Install steps:

1. Start the installer
    2. Select your M2TW/mods folder
    3. Follow the steps in the installer and install

!Repeat these steps for every installer (three times in total)!.

The credits

Broken Crescent 1 & 2 Team - establishing this excellent modification
    Broken Crescent 3 Team

Direct contributors to 2.3:

Broken Crescent Fans - patience, inspiration and support
    Alejandro Sanchez - research
    ALFAJI - research
    Charge - water textures and strat map trees
    Eisberg - research
    Fausst - research
    Gigantus - Bare Geomod and Stone forts on the battlemap
    Hross - voice acting in event movies
    Neige Noire - promo movie, loading screens, unit info pictures, loading bar, main intro movie, factional intro movies, factional win movies, event movies, menu background movie, preparation of 2.3 installer and torrent file
    Quirl - UI's, splash screen, menu background
    riczu74 - strat map sieging model
    Silesian_Noble - changes of regional borders, maps in factions selection menu
    Tureuki - research
    uanime5 - coding expertise and substantial help during bug hunting.
    wudang_clown - preparation of new soundtrack, coding, research.

*If you helped anyhow but don't see yourself on the list - PM wudang_clown.

Chanegelog of Broken Crescent 2.3

Broken Crescent is now ported to Kingdoms expansion.
    Broken Crescent is now fully mod-foldered.

Changes of layout:

• New splash screen, loading screens, unit info pictures, introduced 3 new UI's, new maps in factions selection menu, new menu background, new loading bar.
    • New cinematics - intro movie, factional intro movies, event movies, factional win movies, menu background movie.

General changes:

• New soundtrack - doubled in size and quality; introduction of faction-specific music.
    • The Great Seljuks swapped for The Seljuks of Iraq.
    • Chauhans are now playable.
    • Changes of starting positions of most of factions.
    • Introduction of extended and/or historical family trees for Islamic factions.
    • Introduction of stronger rebel garrisons, in some cases commanded by historical characters.
    • More names in descr_names.txt.
    • Changes of composition of rebel armies in descr_rebel_factions.txt - vanilla units removed.
    • Changes of building costs (mostly increased) and building times (mostly descreased).
    • Addition of "bc_templar" infrastructure to Jerusalem buiding tree.
    • Addition of permanent stone forts (thanks to Gigantus' modifications - Bare Geomod and Stone forts on the battlemap).
    • Changes of factions names.
    • Few changes of units names and descriptions.
    • Yerevan is now part of Georgian Close Border area of recruitment.
    • Vanilla units removed from the script.
    • Vanilla units removed from mercenary pool.

Map tweaks:

Changes of traits and ancillaries:

• Improved hidden bonus traits (regulating settlement managment) for AI: now it gets bonus to Law, Squalor, LocalPopularity, Unrest, Farming, PersonalSecurity, PublicSecurity, TaxCollection, Construction and TrainingUnits.
    • Improved BC 2 gubernatorial titles and introduced new ones.
    • Introduced new titles for Islamic factions in place of vanilla "Faction leader" trait: basic royal and leadership titles and basic path of career.

If you have any technical (CTD's, installation, bugs) problems with Broken Crescent 2.3 - report them here and only here, otherwise they will be ignored!
    Last edited by wudang_clown; March 30, 2015 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added additional info concerning installers.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE!

Amazing. Downloading now!

I can't thank you guys enough for the work you have put in!
    Last edited by Horatius Flaccus; May 01, 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks for the work, BC team <3
    Last edited by zznɟ ǝɥʇ; May 01, 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Congrats on this excellent release!

AT LAST GLORIOUS DOWNLOADING THANKS SO MUCH x10000000000 YAYYY!!

So..., yeah..., let's try it

gah! the torrent became so slow....

I haven't played BC in awhile now but just wanted to say that it has been one of the most amazing mods I've ever played since I started gaming in anything. The work that you guys have put in has been absolutely unbelievable and its one of my favorite games of all time.

I just wish that there was a bug-tracker or a system (similar to Launchpad) set up whereby one could contribute small bugpatches or feature requests without needing to sign on as a certified member of the modding crew. I'd definitely want to contribute if an avenue was opened up like that for minor developers, I feel the need to want to give back to a mod that has given me so much enjoyment to play over the years.

Good luck on your future releases, I'm glad to see that the project is still up and running!

Nice! No pic of the new starting positions though?
    Last edited by Dr. Croccer; May 01, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Does this include gamegeek2's EDU?

"He that makes war without many mistakes has not made war very long."

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Any special instructions for Steam users?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Nice! No pic of the new starting positions though?
    No. That's the price of releasing the mod today. Time is precious but scarce good. You need to launch the game to see those starting positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Does this include gamegeek2's EDU?
    No, it doesn't. We wouldn't forget to list such an inclusion.

EDU and recruitment matters will be addressed in next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawed View Post
    Any special instructions for Steam users?
    Unfortunately not yet, sorry.

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Been waitin' forEVER 4 this!!!!!

HUUUURRRAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by KoalaAkbar; May 01, 2011 at 06:48 PM.

Would using the Kingdoms Launcher work?

I really don't know. You have to check it by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawed View Post
    Would using the Kingdoms Launcher work?
    I doubt it. I have several major modfoldered mods and only Stainless Steel shows up in the launcher so I presume it's something that has to be modded in.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Congrats, rep is due as usual.

i used it with steam and it works perfectly. I used the kingdoms launcher which was also used for bc2.02. for mod name i just typed "Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". The path was "...mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" and for game exe pick Kingdoms. I installed it with UAC and my antivirus program disabled just to avoid any problems. It also helps to run the Kingdoms Launcher through "Run as Administrator" I haven't got any CTDs or errors yet so hopefully it works just as well for other steam users. I didn't have to delete any files or move folders around like with BC2.02. GREAT MOD!!!!

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

Do I need any previous versions of BC to install this? Or is this a standalone?

Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast