Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by killerrj8 View Post
    Hmm no , I didn't mod anything and i get the error at the very first turn. I never saved it ... cause i really cant play longer than 20 seconds. But I will do it
    I don't know what the problem could be if this is happening at the start of the game. Maybe the install is corrupt? Try re-installing and see if that corrects the problem.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

im having a problem. i have downloaded and installed as directed into my RTW directory where roma surrectum 2 is installed but once its finished installing i click on play demise of the republic and alx.exe and the loading screen comes up then i get the same error message every time "Generic error: unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider" idk what thats supposed to mean but ya if you could help that would be great ive been wanting to try this mod out for quite some time seeing as to how i love the series rome as much as im sure u do. also ive uninstalled twice and tried that so it cant possibly be the installation is corrupted, ive also delete the map.rwm bc i saw in a post u did previously that u had to delete that. still same problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
    Last edited by azulfan01; November 22, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

It sounds like you have a skeleton listed in the descr_model_battle.txt file which does not belong. I won't be able to look into it until next week as I am away for the holiday, but I'll help you solve this when I return.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have a nice holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorketes View Post
    Have a nice holiday.
    Thanks Demetrius! Happy holiday to you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by josh187 View Post
    is there a plan to edit this for 1 turn plays? that would be fantastical.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    I anticipate releasing a 1 turn version sometime in the near future.

Because I prefer 1 turn gameplay over 0 turn gameplay too, I decided to change the EDU from 0 turn to 1 turn recruitment. (Okay Caligula did the job in a few secs )
    Everyone who will give it a try, simply download the

1. "Demise of the Republic 1 Turn Campaign.rar" file (see my attachments)
    2. extract the archive somewhere
    3. Open the new folder and copy the "Play_Demise_of_the_Republic" folder to your Rome Total War directory where RS 2 with the "Demise of the Republic Campaign" is installed.
    4. Override all asked files and start a new game.
    5. Have fun.

Warning: This is the changed EDU only, you must have the original Demise of the Republic submod installed.
    Just in case you want to switch back to 0 turn campaign recruitment, I added the original EDU as attachment.

All Credits to CPT Worsham for creating the Demise of the Republic submod!
    (Feel free to use the one turn campaign EDU if you like)
    Last edited by Andonai; November 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

thank you CPT WORSHAM i await your response!

Default 1 turn version

I like this mod but please make a 1 turn recruitment version

Quote Originally Posted by HuangCaesar View Post
    I like this mod but please make a 1 turn recruitment version
    A couple posts above is 1 turn provided by Andonai.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; November 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azulfan01 View Post
    im having a problem. i have downloaded and installed as directed into my RTW directory where roma surrectum 2 is installed but once its finished installing i click on play demise of the republic and alx.exe and the loading screen comes up then i get the same error message every time "Generic error: unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider" idk what thats supposed to mean but ya if you could help that would be great ive been wanting to try this mod out for quite some time seeing as to how i love the series rome as much as im sure u do. also ive uninstalled twice and tried that so it cant possibly be the installation is corrupted, ive also delete the map.rwm bc i saw in a post u did previously that u had to delete that. still same problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
    Your animations files from RS2 are corrupt. I've uploaded the original animations folder in zip form. After you unzip it simply drop it into the Rome - Total War\Data directory that you have RS2 and Demise of the Republic installed in. Copy over the existing files and this will restore it to original files which will result in you no longer having the error message about fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider.

after every second battle the game exit .... end of the battle. whyyyy?????

Quote Originally Posted by kurtmeyer105 View Post
    after every second battle the game exit .... end of the battle. whyyyy?????
    This happens due to memory loss. Adjusting your video settings will likely help reduce the frequency of that happening. There are several posts on the RS2 main forums about how to optimize your graphics settings in order to reduce the frequency of this happening.

what is the map.rwm and why do we need to delete it? sorry noob here

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    what is the map.rwm and why do we need to delete it? sorry noob here
    It is a file that can be deleted from the RS2 launcher. The reason it needs to be deleted is because modifications to the campaign map will not show up unless it is deleted.

oh i c and job well done on the mod!!! really enjoying it!!

Hi,

I really like your sub mod, good work +rep!
    But it doenst work. When i scroll to alesia on the campaign map the game crashes to desktop.
    What could be the problem.

please help

Sebastianus

EDIT: sorry, forgot to install alex
    Last edited by Sebastianus Somerus; January 20, 2012 at 04:06 AM.

why doesnt it work for RTW??

Hi, this is a superb mod, just a few questions if i may :
    -what are we supposed to do for the battle of Pharsalus ? pompey il always moving , it is impossible to fight him in greece ..
    - in egypt, are we supposed to kill ptolemei to load the next script ? because i have stay 30 turns in alexandria, fighting every turns but nothing happens .. Am i supposed to conquer all egypt ? What about cleopatra ?
    -and the last question is : what happen after egypt ?

Sorry for this boring questions but i really like this mod , probably the best rtw mod !!!

hi,
    what happen in egypt, cesar waits in alexandria since 30 turns.. help !!

Quote Originally Posted by milkos View Post
    why doesnt it work for RTW??
    This sub-mod does not work with RTW engine because it draws upon Alex.exe exclusive features such as unique models and portraits for the named characters.