Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Okay, here's the save game.

EDIT: Hmm, I tried it again without doing anything that turn, and I was able to tend turn. However, any time I load Caesar's Army on a ship and end turn it crashes, whereas when I don't, it works. Is there something preventing Caesar from ending his turn at sea?
    Thanks for uploading the saved game. I could not find any Pompey Assassination end of turn CTD issues, and I could not find the issue concerning Vorenus that you described. I garrisoned Vorenus, and then un-garrisoned him over a period of turns, and he never cloned or died as you described.

Concerning Julius Caesar being in a ship at end of turn causing a CTD that is in fact a problem. Thanks for bringing it to my attention as I did not realize that would happen. The cause of this problem has to do with the piece of script that automatically retrains his army at the end of turn. I'll try to find a way to modify that piece of script to prevent this CTD. If I can not find a modification to the script that will fix this CTD I'll probably have to just remove this piece of script altogether.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Thanks for uploading the saved game. I could not find any Pompey Assassination end of turn CTD issues, and I could not find the issue concerning Vorenus that you described. I garrisoned Vorenus, and then un-garrisoned him over a period of turns, and he never cloned or died as you described.

Concerning Julius Caesar being in a ship at end of turn causing a CTD that is in fact a problem. Thanks for bringing it to my attention as I did not realize that would happen. The cause of this problem has to do with the piece of script that automatically retrains his army at the end of turn. I'll try to find a way to modify that piece of script to prevent this CTD. If I can not find a modification to the script that will fix this CTD I'll probably have to just remove this piece of script altogether.
    Thank you so much! I tested out the Vorenus problem again, and everything worked out. Whatever it was, I guess it was solved on it's own. A quick question pertaining to the game: After Pompey's death in Egypt, in Caesar supposed to follow him there\fight Ptolmey like he did in history? Or is it simply up to the player and not scripted? I didn't know one way or another, but I didn't want to backstab an ally if I wasn't supposed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Thank you so much! I tested out the Vorenus problem again, and everything worked out. Whatever it was, I guess it was solved on it's own. A quick question pertaining to the game: After Pompey's death in Egypt, in Caesar supposed to follow him there\fight Ptolmey like he did in history? Or is it simply up to the player and not scripted? I didn't know one way or another, but I didn't want to backstab an ally if I wasn't supposed to do that.
    No you don't have to chase him. It is completely up to the player to decide how to proceed.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068192,-97.657680
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Hi i really like the look of the mod but i'm struggling to get it to work i'm having the problem with the first turn when all my cities get taken over. i have downloaded the hotfix's and unzipped them i don't see whats going wrong anything you can do for me would be great thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    Hi i really like the look of the mod but i'm struggling to get it to work i'm having the problem with the first turn when all my cities get taken over. i have downloaded the hotfix's and unzipped them i don't see whats going wrong anything you can do for me would be great thank you
    Did Caesar and Mark Antony survive the first battle?

If they survived and you are still having this problem then I'm unsure of what is causing the problem. Save the game and upload the saved game file so I can troubleshoot it please.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068105,-97.657619

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post

This problem has been resolved in Version 1.6 (released today) via altering the script. Caesar still auto retrains his troops in the field, but this no longer causes a CTD while he is at sea.

I downloaded the latest 1.6 version and installed it to my RS 2 directory, but there seems to be something wrong since I don't get any Play_Demise_of_the_Republic folder nor any option to make it start in the launcher.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; November 02, 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I downloaded the latest 1.6 version and installed it to my RS 2 directory, but there seems to be something wrong since I don't get any Play_Demise_of_the_Republic folder nor any option to make it start in the launcher.
    Try installing again, and be sure to follow the steps listed in the first post of this thread for detailed instructions. Let me know if that does not work. If it does not work for you after that then we will troubleshoot it.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; November 02, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Tried again, any time I try to install it it creates a "data" and a "preferences" folder and the uninstaller, it doesn't create "play_dotr" or changes options in the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Tried again, any time I try to install it it creates a "data" and a "preferences" folder and the uninstaller, it doesn't create "play_dotr" or changes options in the launcher.
    Bah! I somehow incorrectly packaged the installer. I'll fix it and repackage it ASAP.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Did you ? Is it ok to download now?

I'm sorry it's not ready yet. I'm having trouble with the installer program. I'll post here as soon as it is good to go.

Thanks allot, love this idea

The version 1.6 installer has been fixed and uploaded. The updated links are in the first post of this thread.

Excellent- downloading now.
    Is auto-save disabled ? I had a CTD after a battle with Gallic rebels and when I went to reload ....nothing. Yes that's right I forgot to save
    Also a quick question...if I may? I considered making a little mini mod for myself- if I removed survivor script would the generals die with repercussions? And carry on with out them?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 06, 2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorketes View Post
    Excellent- downloading now.
    Is auto-save disabled ? I had a CTD after a battle with Gallic rebels and when I went to reload ....nothing. Yes that's right I forgot to save
    Also a quick question...if I may? I considered making a little mini mod for myself- if I removed survivor script would the generals die with repercussions? And carry on with out them?
    Auto-save is disabled. If you remove the survivor script nothing will happen if the generals that are supposed to survive happen to die. The game simply won't be following the accurate historical trail.

Thanks just wanted to use the Roman positions on map etc for a base. (for personal use only)
    I am of course still going to play your mod- its alot of good work and fun.
    keep up great work

EDIT:
    If I can just make a small observation, population growth and income seem far too high, other than that I am having a very entertaining campaign
    Perhaps the Boii and Cimbri could be renamed...perhaps Suevi and Marcomanni/Quadi something like that?
    They wouldn't be quite right ofcourse, but perhaps that could come later
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 08, 2011 at 03:01 AM.

Nice campaign or submod i guess. But I have a problem.
    I don't know whats wrong because I have the option to choose the "Demise of Republic" campaign and everything works... untill I want to scroll up to Alesia. When I go there with my mouse it says "Rome: Total War doesn't work anymore and needs to close" and its searching for a solution( which never works on windows 7)
    Anyway do you know how to fix this ?

The problem you are describing sounds like an error in descr_regions.txt. Have you done any modding to the files? If not upload your saved game from the turn you get the CTD at, and I'll have a look at it to see if I can identify the problem.

Hmm no , I didn't mod anything and i get the error at the very first turn. I never saved it ... cause i really cant play longer than 20 seconds. But I will do it