Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Thank you for your aswer
    I also noticed that i have this problem.You have corrected it previously but it was before the release of the 1.5 version.Is it okay to take the file you have posted or it will mess something?

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Both the Save Game and Load Game buttons are gone after i've installed this mod. Any idea how I can fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Archontis View Post
    Thank you for your aswer
    I also noticed that i have this problem.You have corrected it previously but it was before the release of the 1.5 version.Is it okay to take the file you have posted or it will mess something?
    The fix I applied for this is already in version 1.5. The problem is that some computers load the campaign script slower than others, and if it is not synched correctly we have this problem.

I will adjust the campaign startup script and upload it here sometime tomorrow. Hopefully that will get it working correctly for you, but if not we will continue to make adjustments until we get it right.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068244,-97.657446
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Archontis,

I have adjusted the timing of the auto-start up of the campaign script from two to three seconds so hopefully this will do the trick for you. If not let me know and we will adjust to four seconds. When you start a new campaign be sure and don't do anything until the scrip auto-starts. You will know it has started when the advisor starts talking to you about the Siege of Alesia.

To install this fix just unzip the attached file to your desktop, and then copy and paste it over your the RS2 campaign folder named, "Play_Demise_of_the_Republic."
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Thank you very much,it worked perfectly

+rep(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CPT Worsham again)
    in some minutes

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

While im huge fan of big battles, my PC has trouble handling the 5 army initial battle. Whats the proper way of dealing with the situation?

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    While im huge fan of big battles, my PC has trouble handling the 5 army initial battle. Whats the proper way of dealing with the situation?
    You can autoresolve and Caesar will win.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068310,-97.657542

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Thats boring isnt it...

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Excellent mod!

My issue is a CTD around turn 3.

Any Ideas????

Quote Originally Posted by Donten View Post
    Excellent mod!

My issue is a CTD around turn 3.

Any Ideas????
    Can you tell me what is going on during turn 3 when you get the CTD?

Are you in a battle, starting a battle, clicking end turn, clicking on a character? More details will help me to identify the problem.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.760791,-97.094054

Yes absolutly.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Loaded RTW, then RTW ALX, then RSII, then 2.1 patch, then DOTR.

Game plays fine till turn three, get CTD when click 'end turn'. AI starts moving a diplomat then CTD.

Interestingly enough, after reading posts, turned off fow and got one more turn, but on comlete of that turn CTD.
    I do have v 1.5 DOTR

Can I say once again, looks like an excellent mod, you've obviously put alot of time into this, and as a Rome history buff/nut I really appreciate all your effort here.

So, I reloaded everyting and all is good now.....sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Donten View Post
    So, I reloaded everyting and all is good now.....sweet
    Good to here you got it working. RTW is such a old game that it does not run well with modern computers, and that can make troubleshooting CTDs difficult sometimes. Let me know if you have any more bugs like that.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068306,-97.657470

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    RTW is such a old game that it does not run well with modern computers, and that can make troubleshooting CTDs difficult sometimes.
    CPT...Iam not quite sure about that...I run a new win7 system and always executed RSII in normal mode (not even XP compatibility mode) and had only half a dozen generic crashes with RSII in over 150 hours (and I only play on huge units). Apart from well known CTDs like the siege-battle reinforcement bug RTW/RSII is more stable on my new win7 system than it ever has been on any of my XP powered PCs.
    New win7 systems are not supposed to be the slightest problem for RTW/RSII...at least not on my book

Part of these sudden end turn CTDs after battles for example are apparently related to the "Qoutes" in the loading screens...dont know what really the technical issue is as I had no time to dig deeper into it but removing the qoutes fixes vast part of these totally random and unpredictable end turn CTDs coming with RTW...it was/is tested by the RSII team and RTR team at the moment and it seems to work pretty good...
    Last edited by chris10; October 04, 2011 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    CPT...Iam not quite sure about that...I run a new win7 system and always executed RSII in normal mode (not even XP compatibility mode) and had only half a dozen generic crashes with RSII in over 150 hours (and I only play on huge units). Apart from well known CTDs like the siege-battle reinforcement bug RTW/RSII is more stable on my new win7 system than it ever has been on any of my XP powered PCs.
    New win7 systems are not supposed to be the slightest problem for RTW/RSII...at least not on my book

Part of these sudden end turn CTDs after battles for example are apparently related to the "Qoutes" in the loading screens...dont know what really the technical issue is as I had no time to dig deeper into it but removing the qoutes fixes vast part of these totally random and unpredictable end turn CTDs coming with RTW...it was/is tested by the RSII team and RTR team at the moment and it seems to work pretty good...
    Thanks for the info Chris10. The quotes piece is really interesting.

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Okay, I've been playing the mod for a while, and have had quite a few crashes (Basically every five battles or so I have a crash) but it hasn't been that bad. But I just got to the part with Ptolemy in Egypt with Pompey's assassination. Every time I click end turn after the message pops up, the game crashes. Any ideas how to fix that?

As long as I'm listing crashes, I have a weird bug where when Lucius Vorenus leaves a city, another Lucius pops up in the city but dies the moment he too exits the city, also resulting with the original Lucius' death. I like Lucius, but one Lucius is enough. If it were Atia, Octavia or Eirene or Cleopatra on the other hand...oh never mind.

Anyhow, help would be appreciated, cause I love this Mod.

Is it possible to get the Commander Name tag under each Army / Fleet for standard RS2 like in the screen-shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Okay, I've been playing the mod for a while, and have had quite a few crashes (Basically every five battles or so I have a crash) but it hasn't been that bad. But I just got to the part with Ptolemy in Egypt with Pompey's assassination. Every time I click end turn after the message pops up, the game crashes. Any ideas how to fix that?

As long as I'm listing crashes, I have a weird bug where when Lucius Vorenus leaves a city, another Lucius pops up in the city but dies the moment he too exits the city, also resulting with the original Lucius' death. I like Lucius, but one Lucius is enough. If it were Atia, Octavia or Eirene or Cleopatra on the other hand...oh never mind.

Anyhow, help would be appreciated, cause I love this Mod.
    Please upload a saved game for the turn in which you are getting the end of turn CTD.

I have no idea why the issue with Vorenus is happening. I've never heard of an issue like that before. However, I will look into that also when you upload the saved game.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Lieutenant View Post
    Is it possible to get the Commander Name tag under each Army / Fleet for standard RS2 like in the screen-shots?
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you hit F1 while in campaign mode you will see keyboard short cuts which allow you to toggle names off and on.

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Please upload a saved game for the turn in which you are getting the end of turn CTD.

I have no idea why the issue with Vorenus is happening. I've never heard of an issue like that before. However, I will look into that also when you upload the saved game.
    Okay, here's the save game.

EDIT: Hmm, I tried it again without doing anything that turn, and I was able to tend turn. However, any time I load Caesar's Army on a ship and end turn it crashes, whereas when I don't, it works. Is there something preventing Caesar from ending his turn at sea?
    Last edited by Pro-opera Jungian; October 06, 2011 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Okay, here's the save game.

EDIT: Hmm, I tried it again without doing anything that turn, and I was able to tend turn. However, any time I load Caesar's Army on a ship and end turn it crashes, whereas when I don't, it works. Is there something preventing Caesar from ending his turn at sea?
    Julius Caesar is scripted to be moved automatically to the River Rhine on the the turn right before Caesar's Civil War begins. If he is garrisoned in a city, ship, or fort on that turn it will result in a CTD. He should not have a problem with being garrisoned at any other time.

I'll take a look at it as soon as I can. My wife has my computer with her at work, and I won't get it back until tomorrow evening so I will check it out then.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.068412,-97.657550