Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Needing some help - downloaded and installed version 1.5 - all seemed to be OK, but.... getting the Slave crash after Alesia battle - both Caesar and Antony survived ??? Noticed your post about the hotfix - the download sites have diff size files - approx 6 mb difference? I'm thinking one contains the hotfix file - the other doesn't.... I don't really want to pay for Rapid Share's service to get the bigger file - wondering if you can post the hotfix file here so I can try that and finally, see if I can get this Mod to work - anxious to play! Tried everything else you suggested, nothing works....

Quote Originally Posted by toe198563 View Post
    Needing some help - downloaded and installed version 1.5 - all seemed to be OK, but.... getting the Slave crash after Alesia battle - both Caesar and Antony survived ??? Noticed your post about the hotfix - the download sites have diff size files - approx 6 mb difference? I'm thinking one contains the hotfix file - the other doesn't.... I don't really want to pay for Rapid Share's service to get the bigger file - wondering if you can post the hotfix file here so I can try that and finally, see if I can get this Mod to work - anxious to play! Tried everything else you suggested, nothing works....
    Does the crash occur when you exit the battle or does it occur when you end the turn?
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

It happens when I end turn - everything turns to black - slave revolt....

Quote Originally Posted by toe198563 View Post
    It happens when I end turn - everything turns to black - slave revolt....
    The Survivor issue was fixed in version 1.1. You are using version 1.5, and the survivor issue is corrected in that version. I think something else is causing this problem for you. Have you modded it in any way? If so what changes have you made?

Do you have a saved game file that you can upload? I would like to have a look at what is going on.

I'm certain that the survivor issue that occurred prior to version 1.1 is not what is causing this. However, I have uploaded in this post the hot fix for the survivor bug, and you can try it if you like.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; July 16, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

My game crashes.. Im running 1.5. After it crashes if I dont reactivated the script it works perfect. The moment I activate the script and click END TURN it crashes.. any ideas?

I seem to have figured out the problem.. if ceasar is in a fort.. not a city. then it crashes when you hit end turn

Quote Originally Posted by endel2005 View Post
    I seem to have figured out the problem.. if ceasar is in a fort.. not a city. then it crashes when you hit end turn
    That is odd. It sounds like a problem with the script that retrains his stack. I don't get a crash when I have Caesar garrisoned in cities or forts. Have you modified the background script at all?

First time it happened was one turn before the script tells you to go to the rubicon...before that i believe i left him in forts etc..not sure..

Second time: no sir not at all.. maybe its not happening to you because its not at a key moment in the script? for example when your told to bring the 13th to the rubicon. if he stays in the fort crash.. stick him in Bononia no problem.. and no matter how many times i crash out and try again it happens till you put him in a city

ive had to chracter reset him a few times to get him to a city otherwise crash out...

Quote Originally Posted by endel2005 View Post
    First time it happened was one turn before the script tells you to go to the rubicon...before that i believe i left him in forts etc..not sure..

Second time: no sir not at all.. maybe its not happening to you because its not at a key moment in the script? for example when your told to bring the 13th to the rubicon. if he stays in the fort crash.. stick him in Bononia no problem.. and no matter how many times i crash out and try again it happens till you put him in a city

ive had to chracter reset him a few times to get him to a city otherwise crash out...
    That is the problem exactly. I thought this was happening to you immediately after the Siege of Alesia, but it was the Rubicon event instead. Now it all makes sense.

The Rubicon crash is something that has always been present. The reason it occurs is because the script is designed to move Caesar to the Rubicon, but it can only move him if he is in the field rather than garrisoned. If he is garrisoned when he is suppose to be moving to the Rubicon the engine will flip out and crash. This is why I programed the advisor to tell the player to move Caesar and his 13th Legion to the River Rubicon.

Before I gripe I want to say I enjoy playing this mod..

It needs to say move him to the Rubicon but dont put him a barracks lol. Ive run into 2 more problems.. one is a glitch other is an absolute annoyance..

1. When I moved ceasar to the rubicon and put him inside the city.. then the long script came when he was talking to the troops.. then i marched ceasar with the 13th to rome.. now Bononia has ceasars face as governor.. yet ceasar is in rome lol.

2. After you conquer and area and all the cities defect back to you on the next round they are all filled with troops.. now because of that my income is - and i have to spend 1/2 hour empty them out and then do the same for the next area when it happened again.. all this time im paying for troops on that round that causes my cash to deminish.. is there a way we can stop this? it should be assumed when you take a city you bring along adequate garrison troops and governor.. so i would think there was no need for that.. maybe only one troop per city instead of the whole city being slammed full of untrained troops that need to be disbanded?

3. It completely sucks that I we don't have ballistas... It makes pacifying each region hugely expensive and tedious..

4. Its agravating that I spend money for the WHOLE of the Roman republic building walls etc.. just to have to besiege the cities later.. gaul should be the focus of ceasar not the whole of the republic.. there was a mod once that was created that made everything static until the march on Rome. Is this possible? If not possible then it might be interesting to make it a 2 part mod.. one part being just gaul then after you finish that mod you go to another mod to play everything else..

I read Endel2005's comments and agree with most of them, minus Number 4. (I am fine with managing the whole of the republic/empire until the Civil War starts.) I have a different set of comments/wishes:

1. Start the game with the existing historical legions in their historical areas. The only two legions in existence in the beginning of the game is Legio XI and XIII. However, there were numerous other legions present in Gaul in 52 BC, previously levied by Caesar and Pompeii (Legio V, Legio VI, Legio VII, Legio VIII, Legio IX, Legio X, etc.). To address this, I used the console codes for create_unit to make a custom starting game file, but improving the mod I think would be a better solution long term.

2. When the civil war kicks off, all of Pompeii's rebel cities have full stacks but field armies are limited to historical engagement areas. This turns the game into siege-fest. I think it would be much more realistic to have smaller spawned garrisons in most cities with more powerful field armies. I am not an expert in Roman history, but from the research I've done it appears that sieges were not a defining part of the Caesar-Pompeii Civil War. An occasional siege here and there is okay, but too many and the game gets repetitively boring and looses its historical feel.

Other than these comments and the ones I read earlier, its great! I give you kudos for an excellent campaign.

michell's Avatar Tiro

Hi
    I'm new in RS2 forum so forgive me this question: is any possibility to make this submod playable with RTW-BI exe?

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    Hi
    I'm new in RS2 forum so forgive me this question: is any possibility to make this submod playable with RTW-BI exe?
    The reason this mod will not work with BI is because it uses ALEX exclusive features such as character specific models & portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Unclean View Post
    I read Endel2005's comments and agree with most of them, minus Number 4. (I am fine with managing the whole of the republic/empire until the Civil War starts.) I have a different set of comments/wishes:

1. Start the game with the existing historical legions in their historical areas. The only two legions in existence in the beginning of the game is Legio XI and XIII. However, there were numerous other legions present in Gaul in 52 BC, previously levied by Caesar and Pompeii (Legio V, Legio VI, Legio VII, Legio VIII, Legio IX, Legio X, etc.). To address this, I used the console codes for create_unit to make a custom starting game file, but improving the mod I think would be a better solution long term.

2. When the civil war kicks off, all of Pompeii's rebel cities have full stacks but field armies are limited to historical engagement areas. This turns the game into siege-fest. I think it would be much more realistic to have smaller spawned garrisons in most cities with more powerful field armies. I am not an expert in Roman history, but from the research I've done it appears that sieges were not a defining part of the Caesar-Pompeii Civil War. An occasional siege here and there is okay, but too many and the game gets repetitively boring and looses its historical feel.

Other than these comments and the ones I read earlier, its great! I give you kudos for an excellent campaign.
    Both you and Endel make some good points. I'll keep these things in mind for the next patch.
    Last edited by apple; July 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM.

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Firstly, I'd like to say I love the mod so far, what it looks like, the campaign, ditto, ditto, etc, etc.

But I'm having some trouble. I win the first Siege of Alesia Battle, but then the moment I start up any other battle on the campaign against Gallic Rebels etc, the moment the battle starts I crash.

Help please...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to say I love the mod so far, what it looks like, the campaign, ditto, ditto, etc, etc.

But I'm having some trouble. I win the first Siege of Alesia Battle, but then the moment I start up any other battle on the campaign against Gallic Rebels etc, the moment the battle starts I crash.

Help please...?
    Please upload a saved game at the point just before you crash and explain to me which armies you are engaging and where. I will use your saved game to see if I get the same crash.

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Please upload a saved game at the point just before you crash and explain to me which armies you are engaging and where. I will use your saved game to see if I get the same crash.
    Ok, this probably sounds stupid, but how do I upload a saved game?

If it helps, the armies were Antony's on two occasions and Caesar on two occasions. Four times after the siege of Alesia ends, I use their army to attack the rebel army the adviser points to, and the game either crashes before the battle load screen or immediately once the battle loads.

Hi i've recently downloaded and installed RS II and Demise of the republic ,RS II working but when i installed your submod (which i really cant wait to paly) and opened the game i get black screen and its not a crash the game is working i can even hear its music but i can see nothing,so i replaced preferences file of the submod with the file of the original game so it worked but when i play the campaign i played siege of Alesia and won noone was killed but when i end turn nothing happens ,no revolt no civil war nothing i've played till 13th turn only fighting barbarians .
    please i need your help and sorry for my long question

THE HASMONEANS?

*starts downloading*

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    Ok, this probably sounds stupid, but how do I upload a saved game?

If it helps, the armies were Antony's on two occasions and Caesar on two occasions. Four times after the siege of Alesia ends, I use their army to attack the rebel army the adviser points to, and the game either crashes before the battle load screen or immediately once the battle loads.
    You have to use advanced reply option. At the bottom of the screen you will find the option to upload files.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIONARY_HAWK View Post
    Hi i've recently downloaded and installed RS II and Demise of the republic ,RS II working but when i installed your submod (which i really cant wait to paly) and opened the game i get black screen and its not a crash the game is working i can even hear its music but i can see nothing,so i replaced preferences file of the submod with the file of the original game so it worked but when i play the campaign i played siege of Alesia and won noone was killed but when i end turn nothing happens ,no revolt no civil war nothing i've played till 13th turn only fighting barbarians .
    please i need your help and sorry for my long question
    Sounds like everything is working correctly. The civil war does not start until January of 49BC

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad93 View Post
    THE HASMONEANS?

*starts downloading*
    The Hasmoneans were the ruling faction of Judea in the 1st century BC.
    Last edited by apple; July 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Really but i think that the senate sent to ceaser to disband his army at 50 bc and he agreed if pompey did as well but pompey refused thats why i thought i should get any warning in 50 bc ..................So anyway thank u so much for answering me and i really appreciate your efforts and love your work
    Last edited by apple; July 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM.