Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

I had this problem as well, but figured out a way around it -- but it required some reinstalling of RSII and the sub-mods. I first copied my saved games and put them in a folder on my desktop so I wouldn't lose them. Then, uninstalled and reinstalled RSII. Then, copied the folder that says "launcher" and pasted into the same directory (so you will then have a folder called: "launcher (copy)", or something along those lines. Then, I installed RHE and as you know RHE replaces the original "launcher" folder. Now, at this point, I renamed the folder titled "launcher" to "RHE_launcher", and the folder titled "launcher (copy)" to launcher. I then repeated the step of copying the "launcher" folder. Then, I installed Demise. Renamed the launcher folder (this time with a launcher that opens demise) to "DOTR_launcher", and then once again renamed the "launcher (copy)" folder to "launcher".

So at this point, you'll have three different launcher folders. (1) launcher, (2) RHE_launcher, (3) DOTR_launcher. What I did was copy the launcher shortcut from each of those respective folders (what you'd normally use to start RSII) and renamed the shortcut accordingly. So instead of having one shortcut where you choose all of your various campaigns and sub-mods, you'll instead have 1 shortcut for the normal RSII campaign, one for RHE, and one for DOTR. Hopefully that all made sense. There may be an easier way to solve the problem, but the above worked for me.
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

Hey I hope you answer quickly!

I have installed the mod, and turned of the fog.
    I get to the campaign map, but if i choose next turn, or if I move my map a little bit then I get a CTD.

I have steam btw, I haven't had any problems except for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMF View Post
    Hey I hope you answer quickly!

I have installed the mod, and turned of the fog.
    I get to the campaign map, but if i choose next turn, or if I move my map a little bit then I get a CTD.

I have steam btw, I haven't had any problems except for this one.
    Hello JohnMF,

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles with DOTR. I will try to help you.

The Fog of War bug was fixed with the release of version 1.4 so if you have either version 1.4 or 1.5 installed then the fog has nothing to do with your CTD.

Please upload your saved game so I can load it on my computer and attempt to identify the fix for the problem you are experiencing.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; June 17, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Here it is, if I did it right! Never uploaded something before^^

Here it is, if I did it right! Never uploaded something before^^
    JohnMF,

The file you uploaded is a text file. Please upload the .sav file instead. I will need the .sav file for your campaign in order to investigate the cause of the problem.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    JohnMF,

The file you uploaded is a text file. Please upload the .sav file instead. I will need the .sav file for your campaign in order to investigate the cause of the problem.
    woops!
    Here

woops!
    Here
    JohnMF,

I just uploaded your saved campaign, and I see that this CTD is happening on turn number one for you. I suspect that you have some corrupt files within your RS2 or DOTR directory. I recommend that you do a complete re-install of RS2.1a and then re-install DOTR as well to ensure your files are not corrupt.

EDIT:

After examining your campaign again I discovered that you are using an older version of DOTR. I suspect if you download and install version 1.5 your CTD will go away.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; June 17, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    JohnMF,

I just uploaded your saved campaign, and I see that this CTD is happening on turn number one for you. I suspect that you have some corrupt files within your RS2 or DOTR directory. I recommend that you do a complete re-install of RS2.1a and then re-install DOTR as well to ensure your files are not corrupt.

EDIT:

After examining your campaign again I discovered that you are using an older version of DOTR. I suspect if you download and install version 1.5 your CTD will go away.
    Last edited by JohnMF; June 18, 2011 at 06:20 AM.

nvm got it to work

CPT,

What files did you edit to shorten the time of battles?

I looked at the values in the export_descr_unit files and don't notice any differences (other than cost and lineup) from original RSII. I'd very much like to restore the pace of battles to the RSII lengths. I thought RSII had this down perfect, as vanilla RTW battles were always way too fast. Large, slower battles always feel more epic and provide realistic time for flanking, moving troops on the field, zooming in to view the melee, etc...

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Unclean View Post
    CPT,

What files did you edit to shorten the time of battles?

I looked at the values in the export_descr_unit files and don't notice any differences (other than cost and lineup) from original RSII. I'd very much like to restore the pace of battles to the RSII lengths. I thought RSII had this down perfect, as vanilla RTW battles were always way too fast. Large, slower battles always feel more epic and provide realistic time for flanking, moving troops on the field, zooming in to view the melee, etc...

Thanks for the advice!
    You just need to adjust the lethality values. The quickest and easiest way to do that is probably to use Tone's EDU spreadsheet which is in a sticky thread here in the sub-mods section

Needing some help - downloaded and installed version 1.5 - all seemed to be OK, but.... getting the Slave crash after Alesia battle - both Caesar and Antony survived ??? Noticed your post about the hotfix -

I just added to the list of features an explanation of the Survivor Script feature. I also added a Survivor Hot Fix attachment. It is very important that you install this Hot Fix after having installed DotR. If you do not install this hot fix your campaign will end in March 44 BC as all your settlements will be given to the slave faction, and you will receive a message that informs you that you have not met the victory conditions. I apologize for the need for this hot fix. I simply overlooked this error as the Survivor Script was the last part I added to the sub-mod prior to release. After having spent several months building this sub-mod I was in a hurry to release it so I did not test this feature as well as I should have

**** can you re-post this in a separate file so I can download it and apply it to my game?
    Thanks

If you have version 1.5 then you don't need the survivor hot fix patch, because it is already built into that version.

There must be something else causing this problem. Is Octavian still alive when this happens? Have you modified any of the files?

Have downloaded 1.5 version - no altered files ALL leaders and generals still alive.... this happens on the first turn ???
    Do you have that hotfix file you can upload here? Anxious to play this mod - maybe just replacing that one file will do the trick?

I recommend restarting your campaign as it sounds like something is bugged. If that does not fix it then reinstall ver 1.5 and try again.

hey, love the mod. i have a Q about caesars 13th. it seems like if i fight a battle with him and lose some soldiers, that in a few turns later they replenish by themselves. is this in my head or is that really happening? and if so what does this, a trait? i like it because it reminds my of empire and shogun 2. how can i get some more of my legions to do this, like other important characters armies.

You are correct that Caesar's armies replenish themselves. I have scripted it so that he is the only character that does this although I was tempted to do the same thing with Agrippa. I am using my IPhone right now so I cannot copy and paste the part of the script that makes this work at the moment. However, when I get back to my computer I will past that part of the script here so you can see how to do it.

EDIT: Below is the part of the background script that reinforces Julius Caesar's Army

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Caeasar's Army Reinforcements

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_brutii
    and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber <= 89
    and IsFactionLeader
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and FactionLeaderTrait Julius > 0
    replenish_units Gaius Julius_Caesar
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Caeasar's Army Reinforcements End
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; June 28, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

Civis

I get a Battle ctd after winning the first siege battle,tried it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by equites View Post
    I get a Battle ctd after winning the first siege battle,tried it twice.
    Sounds like a hardware issue. DEFRAG your computer to see if that helps. Also, wait at least 30 seconds after the battle before clicking continue.

Civis

Just auto resolved the battle and everything went fine