Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Yeah it sounds like you must have fog of war on. You have to go into the preferences settings before you launch the game to turn fog of war off. You can either use the launcher and click on the preferences button to adjust it that way or you can go into the Play_Demise_of_the_Republic\preferences folder to change it. If it says FOG_OF_WAR:TRUE then you need to change it to FALSE.

After you start the campaign you can turn fog of war back on without any problems.

Got it to work, thanks... looking forward to this!

Version 1.4 Released
    NOT SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Changes:

- Fog of War Bug fixed

- Historical ancillaries updated to ensure they appear in appropriate time periods.

- The following additional character portraits from HBO Rome have been added:

Marcus Aemilius Lepidus

Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

Lucius Vorenus

Titus Pullo

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

Sextus Pompeius

Marcus Junius Brutus

Gaius Cassius Longinus

Marcus Porcius Cato

Herod

Ptolemy XIII

Vercingetorix
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Looks awesome! Great work, man.
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

The next update will have photo cloned faces on the battle models for each of these characters. For a sneak peak preview see Gaius Julius Caesar, Marcus Antonius, Gaius Octavious Thurinus, and Titus Pullo below:

Gaius Julius Caesar

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus Antonius

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaius Octavious Thurinus

Titus Pullo
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; May 24, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Both the Save Game and Load Game buttons are gone after i've installed this mod. Any idea how I can fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Both the Save Game and Load Game buttons are gone after i've installed this mod. Any idea how I can fix this?
    I need to have a look at your campaign script to verify that that it is correct. If it is not written correctly you will have this sort of problem. Please upload campaign_script.txt file. This file is located in this directory: Play_Demise_of_the_Republic\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign.

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Here you go:
    Your campaign_script.txt file is exactly the same as mine, and I don't have that problem, but that is not to say that this file is not the cause of this problem. As far as I know this file is the only one that can cause this problem. Hence, I've edited it for you.

My assumption is that your computer is reading the script files faster than my computer does, and perhaps it is reading them too quickly. Hence, I've add a couple of extra seconds to the campaign wait time before it auto loads the background script.

So replace your campaign_script.txt file with the one that I have uploaded here. As I said above I've added a couple of seconds to how long it will take before the game auto loads the background script. Don't click anything until you hear the advisor speaking, because at that point you know the script is running. This should fix the problem. Please let me know how it turns out. If this does not work for you I can fix it another way, but it will require you to start the script manually.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; May 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

I've installed your file and it seems to be working! I can save and load my games perfectly now. Thanks for the quick help!

You are welcome!

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.5 Released (29 May 2011)
    NOT SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Changes:

- All quotes are now from historical characters who lived during the time frame of this sub-mod.

- New faction symbol added for Mauretania.

- New campaign map and battle map banners added for the following factions: Mauretania, Numidia, Nabataeans, Hasmoneans, and Bosporan Kingdom.

- Numidian and Mauretanian units have been re-skinned to give them more of an African skin tone.

- Multiple characters now have their own specific campaign and battle models. This was done by re-skinning the generals and cloning the faces from pictures of the actors in the HBO Rome series. The characters with their own specific models follow:

• Gaius Julius Caesar
    • Marcus Antonius
    • Gaius Octavious Thurinus
    • Vercingetorix
    • Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
    • Marcus Porcius Cato
    • Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    • Gaius Cassius Longinus
    • Marcus Junius Brutus
    • Titus Pullo
    • Lucius Vorenus
    • Herod
    • Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
    • Sextus Pompeius

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; May 30, 2011 at 08:56 AM.

For those of you whom prefer 1 turn recruitment over 0 turn recruitment I'm attaching this export_descr_unit.txt file.

You can drop this file into your Play_Demise_of_the_Republic\data directory. This file will replace your 0 turn recruitment file with 1 turn recruitment.

@CPT, congratulations on the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    @CPT, congratulations on the release.
    Thank you Sir! I'm glad to have finished this campaign as it has drained a ton of my energy and time. Hopefully there will be some players that enjoy it.

does this submod not encourage expansion? because in some cities ive taken there is a fat stack spawned every turn and there is no way i can hold those cities for long if it keeps happening. am i only supposed to play from historical borders?

Quote Originally Posted by josh187 View Post
    does this submod not encourage expansion? because in some cities ive taken there is a fat stack spawned every turn and there is no way i can hold those cities for long if it keeps happening. am i only supposed to play from historical borders?
    Expansion is one of the victory conditions. Hence, you can and must expand. However, it is very difficult, and in some cases impossible to expand beyond historical borders. When a fat stack spawns every turn at the territory that you have captured then that is a location that will be near impossible to hold onto at least for at that point in time of the campaign. Places that you can expand to with less resistance include:

• Britannica
    • All of Iberia
    • All of the Bosporus and Pontus territories
    • Maurentanian and Numidian territories
    • Hasmonean and Nabataean territories
    • All European territories below the River Danube
    • All of Egypt following the Augustus vs Mark Antony Civil War

It should be noted that your primary enemy in this campaign is the Roman Rebels as they are key in the Demise of the Roman Republic.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; June 06, 2011 at 08:13 PM.

Have a problem, i finished 14 , and my campaign ended, but i have big wars with parthia and britain,would like to continue, if do not want myself to do, so tell me how very clear it from the script.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW-rusteam View Post
    Have a problem, i finished 14 , and my campaign ended, but i have big wars with parthia and britain,would like to continue, if do not want myself to do, so tell me how very clear it from the script.
    You can delete or comment out the below part of the script (in red font) in order to keep your campaign going. However, be advised that the 12 turns per year script will revert back to two turns per year because it was only programmed for a total of 779 turns.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;End of Campaign

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType romans_brutii
    and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 779
    console_command surrender_regions romans_brutii
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;End of Campaign END
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; June 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    You can delete or comment out the below part of the script (in red font) in order to keep your campaign going. However, be advised that the 12 turns per year script will revert back to two turns per year because it was only programmed for a total of 779 turns.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;End of Campaign

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType romans_brutii
    and FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 779
    console_command surrender_regions romans_brutii
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;End of Campaign END
    Thanks, i try it, Your mod is fantastic, ever better than original RS

only one problem, had RHE, then yesterday added Demise, now when launcing the Roma screen the RHE optio had dissapeared
    For King and Country
    Every one I give you
    King George his most Britanic Majesty

The fighting 95th, First in the field and the last out of the Fray

Why don't they have a Prussian Flag instead of German