Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chobaton View Post
    Hi, this is a superb mod, just a few questions if i may :
    -what are we supposed to do for the battle of Pharsalus ? pompey il always moving , it is impossible to fight him in greece ..
    - in egypt, are we supposed to kill ptolemei to load the next script ? because i have stay 30 turns in alexandria, fighting every turns but nothing happens .. Am i supposed to conquer all egypt ? What about cleopatra ?
    -and the last question is : what happen after egypt ?

Sorry for this boring questions but i really like this mod , probably the best rtw mod !!!
    Question: -what are we supposed to do for the battle of Pharsalus ? pompey il always moving , it is impossible to fight him in greece ..

Answer: Conqure Pharsalus whether Pompey chooses to defend it or not. He is controlled by the AI and will defend / attack where ever the AI tells him to, but what is important is that your regain control of the Greek territories.

Question: - in egypt, are we supposed to kill ptolemei to load the next script ? because i have stay 30 turns in alexandria, fighting every turns but nothing happens .. Am i supposed to conquer all egypt ? What about cleopatra ?

Answer: I would not bother with Egypt. When Caesar Augustus and Mark Antony go to war the Egyptians will side with Mark Antony and you can conquer them then. I did not make a character model for Cleopatra due to the inability to make a female become a faction leader.

Question: what happen after egypt ?

Answer: Mark Antony and Augustus go to war, and you will control Augustus' forces. If you win against Mark Antony the empire will finally be yours to rule alone, and you can shape the future of the empire as you see fit.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; February 27, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Thanks for answering so quick !! another question if i may :
    did you make some something for the battle of fillipi against brutus and cassius ? and more important did you make the murder of our glorious imperator gaius julius cesar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chobaton View Post
    Thanks for answering so quick !! another question if i may :
    did you make some something for the battle of fillipi against brutus and cassius ? and more important did you make the murder of our glorious imperator gaius julius cesar ?
    Yes the assassination of Julius Caesar is included as well as the war to hunt down his assassins, known as the liberator's civil war, to include Brutus, Cassius and others. If you review the first post in this thread you will see images of some of these characters. However, whether you battle against Brutus and Cassius in Phillipi or a different location will vary based on the AI's decisions.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; February 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

question Worsham: are you going to make this submod playable with the release of 2.5? if so would we be able to know when it'll be released?

I'm sorry but I no longer mod RTW.

The last week I have been updating this mod to RS II 2.5 and to Barbarian Invasion (Because I don't have a proper Alexander TW), if anyone is interested, I'm doing it for myself, but if the mod's creator give the permission I could release the version updated, if not I will keep the new version for my own enjoyement. The only file left for updating and codding is the descr_strat, Im coding the regions, but Im not very succesful in this field, if someone could help me with these task I would be really grateful (decr_regions in base folder is updated to RS 2.5, the task left is changing names in the Demise of the Republic descr_start, it is not too much if you compare with the other ones).
    If I manage to convert everything, with help with this last question, we could enjoy (Again if the submod's creator and owner of all credits give permission) the Demise of the Republic with the new custom cities in RS, like Alexandria or Rome, which would surely be amazing, imagine Julius Caesar conquering Alexandria again or besieguing Alesia.
    Thanks in advance, any help is welcome with this last point.

Regards.

Oznerol.
    Last edited by Oznerol; July 31, 2012 at 07:11 AM.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    The last week I have been updating this mod to RS II 2.5 and to Barbarian Invasion (Because I don't have a proper Alexander TW), if anyone is interested, I'm doing it for myself, but if the mod's creator give the permission I could release the version updated, if not I will keep the new version for my own enjoyement. The only file left for updating and codding is the descr_strat, Im coding the regions, but Im not very succesful in this field, if someone could help me with these task I would be really grateful (decr_regions in base folder is updated to RS 2.5, the task left is changing names in the Demise of the Republic descr_start, it is not too much if you compare with the other ones).
    If I manage to convert everything, with help with this last question, we could enjoy (Again if the submod's creator and owner of all credits give permission) the Demise of the Republic with the new custom cities in RS, like Alexandria or Rome, which would surely be amazing, imagine Julius Caesar conquering Alexandria again or besieguing Alesia.
    Thanks in advance, any help is welcome with this last point.

Regards.

Oznerol.
    release please

I have permission from the submod's creator, but I need a partner, I can't do this alone, I suck tracking bugs, while Im quite able to code and edit the files. So I do a public request: I need a partner for finishing the descr_strat and eliminating all the bugs. So IF there is someone able to help me, who also masters bug haunting and scripting I will divide the pendant work. IF not I will quit the project. If results nor a skilled modder could be interested in this I will simply retire my offer.
    If I find a proper partner I would be interested in adding Tiberius, Caligula and Claudius reigns. Or maybe I could just change the whole mod and set the starting date with Caesar's death.

Regards.

Ps:But remember I need a helping hand first!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Somebody help him please I want to play

Domesticus

There will be updates to this sub-mod in the future?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Oznerol Did you get help? I'm doing something similar perhaps you'd like to help me, I think my idea could better represent time period, what do you think? I have permission to use RS and RTR units, let me know
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post11951414

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorketes View Post
    Oznerol Did you get help? I'm doing something similar perhaps you'd like to help me, I think my idea could better represent time period, what do you think? I have permission to use RS and RTR units, let me know
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post11951414
    Did you know I tried to do something like that not too much ago? But it ended on failure, because I was unable to fix a bug (But I used RS II and 77bC is easier).
    I will help you.

Can anyone help me fix this error i keep getting, something about the descr_settlement_plan.txt file and something about a bathouse? lol

I really would like to play this mod as I'm a huge fan of the HBO series Rome.

Can I install and play this sub-mod while I have installed and currently playing RHE ?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasJackal View Post
    Can anyone help me fix this error i keep getting, something about the descr_settlement_plan.txt file and something about a bathouse? lol

I really would like to play this mod as I'm a huge fan of the HBO series Rome.
    I have the exact same issue

edit: In hindsight I just noticed this was for 2.1 and not 2.5...Well that solved that issue
    Last edited by gaunty14; September 15, 2012 at 06:13 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Alright, I downloaded this and I have a problem which I'll show by pictures.
    So, as you can see, I downloaded it. http://prntscr.com/forug
    And when I open Roma Surrectum II, I get this: http://prntscr.com/forxa No back round picture... no etc... so when I switch the faction and the disc, I get this: http://prntscr.com/forzo And then the error messages:http://prntscr.com/fos0p http://prntscr.com/fos1j http://prntscr.com/fos2f ....... This is confusing and I have a spartan campaign which I got really far in... I mean I can do it again... but it took a while. If you can help me thanks if you can't I'll just have to reinstall.
    Thanks!

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

I have a serious question......
    What txt document must I edit to be able to play after 14 AD?
    Wloud someone please be so kind to upload the edited document?
    If not, please say what must I edit and where is that document.

-vikior

Foederatus

Whenever I start a campaign and move the map to gaul the game crashes, the same thing happens when I end the turn.

does any1 know how to install this on steam ???

any know how to put this on steam i want tp play it so bad