Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Introducing: Demise of the Republic

Welcome to the Demise of the Republic (DOTR) download and information thread. DOTR is a sub-mod for RS2.1a.

WARNING: THIS SUB-MOD ONLY WORKS WITH ALEX.EXE

Storyline:

DOTR was inspired by the HBO television series Rome. Like the television series DOTR is set in the 1st century BC. It chronicles the primary events that lead to the fall of the Roman Republic and and the rise of the Roman Empire.

The campaign begins with the Siege of Alesia (which you must win on the first turn in order to continue), and ends with the death of Augustus Caesar in August, 14 AD. You will find many of the characters from the HBO Rome series in DOTR.

Features:

a) Time Frame: 52 BC – 14 AD

b) Factions: Romans, Roman Rebels, Belgae, Scythia, Boii, Egypt, Mauretania, Parthia, Gauls, Cimbri, Nabataeans, Hasmoneans, Pontus, Armenia, Dacia, Sarmatia, Gallaeci, Numidia, Bosporan Kingdom, and Slaves

c) New Campaign Advisor, Posca, from HBO series Rome plus a new campaign advisor's voice:

d) Historical Characters:
    i) Gaius Julius Caesar
    ii) Marcus Antonius
    iii) Gaius Octavious Thurinus
    iv) Commius
    v) Hyrcanus
    vi) Ptolemy XII
    vii) Ptolemy XIII
    viii) Ptolemy XIV
    ix) Bocchus II
    x) Bogud
    xi) Mithridates III
    xii) Vercingetorix
    xiii) Tiberius Julius Aspurgus
    xiv) Tiberius Julius Mithridates
    xv) Juba I of Numidia
    xvi) Juba II of Numidia
    xvii) Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
    xviii) Marcus Porcius Cato
    xix) Lucius Septimius
    xx) Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    xxi) Marcus Atius Balbus
    xxii) Quintus Pedius Pubicola I
    xxiii) Quintus Pedius Pubicola II
    xxiv) Sextus Julius Caesar IV
    xxv) Quintus Pompeius Rufus I
    xxvi) Quintus Pompeius Rufus II
    xxvii) Lucius Julius Caesar IV
    xxviii) Lucius Julius Caesar V
    xxix) Gaius Antonius
    xxx) Lucius Antonius
    xxxi) Gaius Cassius Longinus
    xxxii) Marcus Junius Brutus
    xxxiii) Titus Pullo
    xxxiv) Lucius Vorenus
    xxxv) Herod
    xxxvi) Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
    xxxvi) Sextus Pompeius

e) 12 Turns per year

f) The Siege of Alesia:
    i) WARNING: You must win this battle on the first turn, and both Gaius Julius Caesar and Marcus Antonius must survive or you will lose the game and have to start over.

g) Caesar’s Civil War

h) The Liberator’s Civil War

i) The Final War of the Republic

j) Garrison Scripts

k) Character Portraits
    i) Gaius Julius Caesar
    ii) Gaius Octavious Thurinus
    iii) Marcus Antonius
    iv) Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
    v) Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    vi) Lucius Vorenus
    vii) Titus Pullo
    viii) Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
    ix) Sextus Pompeius
    x) Marcus Junius Brutus
    xi) Gaius Cassius Longinus
    xii) Marcus Porcius Cato
    xiii) Herod
    xiv) Ptolemy XIII
    xv) Vercingetorix

l) Survivor Script
    i) Gaius Julius Caesar must survive until March 44 BC
    ii) Gaius Octavious Thurnius must survive until August 14 AD
    iii) Marcus Antonius must survive until January 31 BC
    iv) If any of the above Survivor conditions are not met you will lose the game.
    m) Very In-Depth and Historically Accurate Julii-Caesares Family Tree (Thanks to christophoros)

n) Lethality adjusted to increase combat speed. Battles last approximately the same amount of time as they did in vanilla RTW.

o) Multiple characters have their own specific campaign and battle models. This was done by re-skinning the generals and cloning the faces from pictures of the actors in the HBO Rome series. The characters with their own specific models follow:

• Gaius Julius Caesar
    • Marcus Antonius
    • Gaius Octavious Thurinus
    • Vercingetorix
    • Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
    • Marcus Porcius Cato
    • Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    • Gaius Cassius Longinus
    • Marcus Junius Brutus
    • Titus Pullo
    • Lucius Vorenus
    • Herod
    • Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
    • Sextus Pompeius

Credits:

a. The entire RS2 Team for providing the framework & great majority of the substance that this sub-mod was built on.
    b. Bardo for making the "survivor script" work.
    c. Salvor Hardin for allowing me to use his Mauretania, Nabataei, and Numidae faction symbols from his mod 77B.C.
    d. Friedrich Barbarossa for allowing me to use his New Roman Portraits and Eventpictures 6.0 for event pictures plus the portraits of Gaius Julius Caesar, Gaius Octavious Thurnius, and Marcus Antonius.
    e. HouseOfHam for his n-turns per year script generator.
    f. Wikipedia for historical input used for advisor messages:g. HBO for a sound byte from the HBO series Rome used on turn number 28 as well as many photos used for skins and interface/event picture.
    h. Paedric for making the launcher work with the DOTR campaign.
    i. christophoros for building the Julii-Caesares family tree and making it work.

Download Link & Installation Instructions:

After downloading the RS2 - Demise of the Republic (Version 1.6) installer from the following rapidshare.com or gamefront.com download link simply run the installer and install the files in the same Rome - Total War directory where you have RS2 installed. This will add a new campaign called “Demise of the Republic.” Must delete map.rwm and start a new campaign to see changes. Below are screenshot examples of how this process works.

The first screen will be a 'Welcome' screen - simply press 'Next' to start the process or 'Exit' to quit.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The second screen simply instructs you to install to the same directory where you already have RS2 installed. Press "Next" to continue.

The third screen allows you to locate the folder where you have RSII installed, and where you are going to install Demise of the Republic to as well. As the folder in the window is probably not correct you will probably need to change the folder by selecting the 'Browse' button.

If you elect to change the destination folder a window will appear that allows you to select the correct path. Once you've done that press the 'OK' button.

After having selected the correct destination directory press the start button to begin installing the files.

The install process will then start to copy files.

Once all the files have been copied the following screen will be shown that indicates the install process is completed.

Your install folder should now look something like this:

Run the RS2 Launcher and you will see that you now have Demise of the Republic as an available campaign to play.

RapidShare Link:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4229705...ll_Program.exe

GameFront Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20966...ll+Program.exe

Change Log:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.6 (23 October 2011)
    SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Changes:

- Fixed a piece of faulty script which had caused the game to CTD when Julius Caesar was at sea.

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.5 (29 May 2011)
    NOT SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Changes:

- All quotes are now from historical characters who lived during the time frame of this sub-mod.

- New faction symbol added for Mauretania.

- New campaign map and battle map banners added for the following factions: Mauretania, Numidia, Nabataeans, Hasmoneans, and Bosporan Kingdom.

- Numidian and Mauretanian units have been re-skinned to give them more of an African skin tone.

- Multiple characters now have their own specific campaign and battle models. This was done by re-skinning the generals and cloning the faces from pictures of the actors in the HBO Rome series. The characters with their own specific models follow:

• Gaius Julius Caesar
    • Marcus Antonius
    • Gaius Octavious Thurinus
    • Vercingetorix
    • Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
    • Marcus Porcius Cato
    • Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    • Gaius Cassius Longinus
    • Marcus Junius Brutus
    • Titus Pullo
    • Lucius Vorenus
    • Herod
    • Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
    • Sextus Pompeius

Version 1.4 (21 May 2011)

Changes:

- Fog of War Bug fixed

- Additional character portraits from HBO Rome added.

- Historical ancillaries updated to ensure they appear in appropriate time periods.

Version 1.3 (10 May 2011)

Changes:

- Thanks to the hard work of christophoros a complete and historically accurate Julii-Caesares family tree has been added.

- The events file has been updated so you will no longer see event messages for events of a different era. For example, you will no longer see this inappropriate event message, "Roman soldiers have recently arrested some suspicious, foreign-looking men who turned out to be Macedonian ambassadors sent by their king to negotiate an alliance with Rome's arch-enemy, Carthage. Although Macedon will most likely soon send other diplomats, the Romans are now warned and additional warships have been dispatched to the Adriatic Sea in order to prevent any invasion of Italy by the troublesome Greeks."

Version 1.2 (07 May 2011)

Changes:

- Improved the defensive strength of Marcus Antonius' bodyguard unit. In previous versions he was very prone to being killed by spearmen during the Siege of Alesia. Since, one victory condition is that he survives until January 31BC it was necessary to improve his odds of surviving this battle.

Version 1.1 (06 May 2011)
    SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Fixes:

- Hot Fix for the Survivor Script Included

In conclusion, I hope you enjoy the campaign. If you do not enjoy it let me know what you do not like about it. I will utilize your positive criticism to make DOTR better.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; November 06, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Technical Thread

looks good i will give it a blast

Inspired by Rome, haha nice.

Does it break already running campaigns though?

ha! this is going to be so fun, i had a great time when the roman civil war happend in my rome 1 turn, when i lost all of italy half of gaul, half of spain, and lower greece. i made byzantium my new base and slowey took back my new empire to become caeser.

the fall of the republic and the rise of the empire, does this remind anyone of anything? hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Does it break already running campaigns though?
    No this sub-mod does not affect any other RS2 campaigns in any way.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Any other link sir?? This kinda doesn't work for me..!!

Edit:Okay it worked.
    Last edited by MemphisRex; May 02, 2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Okay.. it worked
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Will their be an option in the launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    Will their be an option in the launcher?
    After you install the sub-mod the campaign you need to select in the launcher will say, "Play Demise of the Republic."

I just added to the list of features an explanation of the Survivor Script feature. I also added a Survivor Hot Fix attachment. It is very important that you install this Hot Fix after having installed DotR. If you do not install this hot fix your campaign will end in March 44 BC as all your settlements will be given to the slave faction, and you will receive a message that informs you that you have not met the victory conditions. I apologize for the need for this hot fix. I simply overlooked this error as the Survivor Script was the last part I added to the sub-mod prior to release. After having spent several months building this sub-mod I was in a hurry to release it so I did not test this feature as well as I should have.

So, this gives you a new campaign, with its own mod folder?

Boycott boycotts!'

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_canniba View Post
    So, this gives you a new campaign, with its own mod folder?
    That is exactly what it does. The campaign is selectable in the launcher by clicking the drop down box of campaigns and selecting Play_Demise_of_the_Republic. This will not overwrite or affect any files within other campaigns. The only thing it does to the main directory is add this campaign to the launcher, and it adds the new Campaign Advisor's speech files.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; May 07, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Looks very good. Is there another download link though please? As this one appears not to work

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Looks very good. Is there another download link though please? As this one appears not to work
    I just uploaded version 1.1 and provided a new download link for it. This version does not require you to download the "Survivor Hot Fix" file as the fix is included in version 1.1.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Thanks only, nothings happening when I select slowdownload?
    EDIT: never mind my anti-virus just didn't like rapidshare
    EDIT2: No, still cannot downlod!! Please could we have a megaupload, or filefront please?
    Last edited by Constantius; May 06, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    EDIT2: Please could we have a megaupload, or filefront please?
    Uploading to filefront now. It will take a few hours to complete the upload.

Thanks very much, got to go out now, and have essays to write all week so, I have to wait anyway

Signature made by Joar

Version 1.2 is now released.

Question: What changed?

Answer: Marcus Antonius now has more bodyguards, and their defensive skill is higher than before.

Question: Why was this change necessary?

Answer: Marcus Antonius had a high probability, when controlled by the AI, to die during the battle of Alesia. One victory condition is that he survives until January 31BC. Therefore, he had to be given this improved bodyguard unit to increase his odds of surviving the Siege of Alesia.

Question: Is Version 1.2 saved game compatible with previous versions?

Answer: No. However, if you have already made it past the first turn then you have won the Siege of Alesia without Marcus Antonius or Julius Caesar dying, and therefore you really don't need to upgrade to Version 1.2

mod is fantastic,especially civil war, and new factions such as nabateans, mauretania, also maybe to add Judea, are you will make your submods further about 14 AD 120 AD end of conquests Traianus Ulpianus?

Quote Originally Posted by RTW-rusteam View Post
    mod is fantastic,especially civil war, and new factions such as nabateans, mauretania, also maybe to add Judea, are you will make your submods further about 14 AD 120 AD end of conquests Traianus Ulpianus?
    I'm glad you enjoy it! The Hasmonean faction is Judea. That was their ruling faction name at the time. Currently I have no plans to create any other submods. I just want to perfect this one as well as Rome Historically Enhanced. They both need a good deal more improvement before I will be satisfied with them.

clear, thank you, about Demise of the Republic, I can continue the game after 14 AD or campaign stoped?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast