Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: B.E.I.C. Download Version 1.0 & Technical Help

Icon4 B.E.I.C. Download Version 1.0 & Technical Help

~ List of Content ~

Download

Install instructions
    Read me
    Technical help guide

Download_____________________________________________________________________

Important Note: Norton Antivirus give out an not correct virus warning for this mod. it will automatically delete the installer file after finishing the download. The file is checked carefully for viruses and other harmful software, and is clean. You have to deactivate Norton for the download. There are no problems reported with other antivir software till now.

Download link 1: http://ge.tt/8fIbwED

Download link 2: mega.nz/#!qcNnAYoC!1r-mugBZSwF9pKDj1Jdh21DNjaMRPw51Yi47O60-q3w

Install instructions_____________________________________________________________

1. Start the installer
    On the page where to set the install path you should take care (The default install path is set for standard win7 64bit with default steam path).
    The path you chose must contain the file empire.exe!
    To ensure you have chosen the right path browse or search for this file, or look on you desktop shortcut for Empire Total War (main game) where your empire.exe is.
    After you chosen the correct install path click through the next page and watch the mod installing.

When all is done close the installer and you should have a desktop icon for BEIC. It looks like this:

With an up2date windows you should be able to start the launcher with this shortcut without any troubles. Start and enjoy the mod.

Spoiler for ONLY IF THE LAUNCHER DO NOT WORK
    Please download framenetwork here:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)(from
    www.microsoft.com)
    (The launcher is done with visual basic and require windowds framenetwork 4 or above to work correct. Framenetwork is be used by several programs for and from windows.)

Spoiler for The mod is correct installed when your directory look like this:

Read me

BEIC is a major mod for Empire Total War, which means it will change many different parts of the game.
    For game effects please read the "BEIC vs Vanilla" Thread for a general overview of changes.

1. Compatibility
    Installed this mod will not conflict with other mods as it is full modfoldered. This means the mod files are only in your data folder when you launch the game. It is recommend to wait a few seconds after closing ETW before you close the launcher too. Otherwise it could be that the files not be copied back to the mod folder.
    If you plan to run other mods while playing BEIC you have to test if it will be compatible. As we changed many aspects and files of vanilla it can be that your additional mod will not work or conflict with BEIC.

2. Launcher

The Launcher do all what you need to start BEIC without conflicts. This means he also clear up your user.empire_:script. So you donīt have to do it for your own if you plan to install it while you also have other mods. It is recommend to wait a few seconds after closing ETW before you close the launcher or it can be that the files not be copied back to the mod folder.

3. Known bugs
    ** For Version 1.0 the princely states have not a cleared fog of war at campaign start. You need to open your army list (in every princely city is an army) and put the army out of the town. With this procedure you will uncover the hidden terrain and get access to your small towns.
    (This bug was late reported, we can fix this easily but this means a new campaign file and a complete new testing phase for stability. This is why we donīt corrected it, otherwise we had to delay the release date. In the next version it will be fixed).
    ** We found an animation bug in the last minute before upload this version. This means for now the bagpiper of the Scots unit have not the correct animation. We will fix this in the next version/patch.

4. Not yet modded parts
    The first version have not touched the whole world. Some Flags are changed and faction names too but not all. In the next version we will correct all faction names and flags. They will also get new unit models.
    You will understand that this mod will have India as focus, so this was the first priority. For immersion we will improve the rest of the world as much as we can, for those who want conquer the world after gaining control in India.

5. Recommend Settings
    The mod is balanced to be played at hard campaign and hard battle settings.
    You can for sure change this as you want but we got the best results with that setting.

Technical help guide

If you have an single ctd, take it calmly. ETW as base have this problems in, so it can also appear to you with this mod.
    When you encounter it often ask here for help after you checked the CTD knowledge base.

CTD knowledge base

CTD knowledge base

Recommend other threads:
    Official TWC - ETW bug reporting thread
    Official TWC - ETW technical help forum
    "Insufficient memory" & "CTD" - workaround

Legend:

Problem
    Possible reasons
    Possible solution

File location

Kinds of ctd`s:

- game wonīt start, with or without error message
    game start but crash in the first screen
    game crash when loading battle
    game crash during battles
    game crash when battle is finished
    game crash while loading from battle to campaign
    game crash while loading campaign
    game crash by starting a new campaign
    game crash when push on the end-turn-button
    game crash when AI turn is over
    game crash elsewhere on campaign map

Overall useful tips to avoid ctd`s

- Keep your OS up to date.
    You should defrag your HDD from time to time and be sure there is always some place for temporary files.
    Only install mods after fully update your ETW to 1.6 (version number 1.5 will be only displayed)
    If you re-install ETW take care that you before also delete all files and folders from ETW. Simple delete the ETW folder in "...\Steam\steamapps\common\" if existing after uninstall and also the folder "The Creative Assembly" which can be found in "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming".
    After uninstalling of mods always verify your local files with steam. You can find this option in steam by rightclick on your game > preferences > local files > verify local cache.

Possible reasons for crashes:

Game wonīt start, with or without error message &
    Game start but crash in the first screen

Here we have mostly an conflict with packfiles.

The reasons can be that one ore more of the modfiles or vanilla files are not in the right destination.
    Another reason can be that the user.empire_script have false settings in there.
    And at least that you have files from other mods in your data folder that causes conflicts.

• Check if the vanilla- and modfiles are in the correct folders and if this folders are on the right place. Also take a look into your data folder, maybe there are files from other mods that should not be there while launching another one. I made a picture where you can see which files should be there: data folder vanilla ETW
    • You can clear your userscript, simple delete your user.empire_script, the game will generate it new by the next start of ETW. You find this files in "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts"

3 Game crash when loading battle

• crash at beginning of the loading bar process

This can mean there is a conflict with DB tables, the are loaded first.

• crash at the end of the loading bar process

This can mean there is a conflict with models, the are loaded last.

• If vanilla create also an ctd here and you cant say which files i corrupt you need probably an full re-install of ETW.
    • If you know which vanilla file can be corrupt simple delete it and verify your game with steam, it will download this file new for you.

4 Game crash during battles

Can happen trough three reasons.

• The first can be a memory failure, out of memory.
    • Second, maybe your hardware or on of the drivers of them are corrupted.
    • Third, one or more units are false coded. For example by putting an officer with only walking animations on a horse in a dragoon unit. He will stand on his horse and while charging or dismount/upmount the game can crash.

• Try the workaround you can find in the third posted recommend thread. Additional check if your system is up to date.

5,6 Game crash when battle is finished &
    Game crash while loading from battle to campaign

Will be discovered later.

7 Game crash while loading campaign

Savegamebug with several causes.

This bug exist since ETW is released. It is rare that an corrupted savegame can be repaired.
    Mostly are many or all previous savegames of this campaign also affected.
    Also there can be a failure in the campaign related files.
    If this is an mod based savegamebug it will appear in each campaign you play.

• Avoid using of autosaves, continue campaign and quicksaves to minimize the failure chance.
    • If you use an mod try it without it. Savegamebugs related with modded campaign files come mostly in the first 25 turns. Keep in mind that also DB files can harm an esf file.

8 Game crash by starting a new campaign

Either your campaign-file is not on the right place or corrupted.

• Check if your files on the right place.
    • If you use an mod disable him and try again.
    • If it also appear while starting vanilla grand campaign delete the two files in empire total war\data\campaigns\main and then verify local cache with steam.

9,10,11 Game crash when push on the end-turn-button &
    Game crash when AI turn is over &
    Game crash elsewhere on campaign map

Can be caused by an failure in your campaign related files.

• Also as above - If you use an mod disable him and try again.
    • If it also appear while starting vanilla grand campaign delete the two files in empire total war\data\campaigns\main and then verify local cache with steam.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: B.E.I.C. Download Version 1.0 & Technical Help

thank u.i wait 2.version too.i dont see pike unit.i wanna a pike unit to destroy hindu elephants.

You can research the "Nato help" tech against Elephants ;P

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

You sir, you are my personal jesus christ..... downloading as we speak... will tell you if there is any problem. BTW i got DMUC 6.9 also.... i hope i wont have any interferences, will i?

miguelmm's Avatar Civis

Downloading!

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    You sir, you are my personal jesus christ..... downloading as we speak... will tell you if there is any problem. BTW i got DMUC 6.9 also.... i hope i wont have any interferences, will i?
    You should not. But to be sure...DMUC had in previous version a file called "unit_compatible_project...." permanent in the data folder. If you see it move it out for playing BEIC, then nothing can be wrong.

Laetus

I've been waiting the whole day!! Downloading

its finished

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Congratulations to all the team on the release of a fantastic mod. I have just fought my first campaign battle and it was very good indeed. I am really going to enjoy this mod. Many thanks to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    You should not. But to be sure...DMUC had in previous version a file called "unit_compatible_project...." permanent in the data folder. If you see it move it out for playing BEIC, then nothing can be wrong.
    Actually i have three of them... so i guess, i install BEIC, i delete the .pack extension so it wont load the compatibility files and its all set?

CTD from the very beginning. Double click on shortcut, launch BEIC, gets to the screen (i believe its called splash?) where it loads and during the loading i get CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    CTD from the very beginning. Double click on shortcut, launch BEIC, gets to the screen (i believe its called splash?) where it loads and during the loading i get CTD.
    Then please take a look if your data folder looks like this before you start the launcher: data folder vanilla ETW
    No any other file should be in there.

@ nigelnire
    Thanks mate

Laetus

Same with me. I have a vanilla install of empire with the 1.6 patch without any installed mods and I have the same CTD. Anyways I'm gonna try tomorow on a fresh install

Great.... just a second. Seems i am missing a few patch files, thats all.
    Last edited by ComnenusTheOne; April 30, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

Try after checking the data folder to run a battle and start a campaign in vanilla ETW. if both works the mod should also. Also it is every time good to let steam verify the local cache files in such an case.

When the game crashes in the first Loading screen, spals scree..whatever..this ETW screen at the beginning, there is always a conflict with packfiles. So the procedure above should work.

Motherer!!! I had to uninstall DMUC, i had to check with steam to verify my files, i had to reinstall BEIC but MOTHERER, the mod owns. It OWNS!!!! I am coming back from 2 hours of straight killing in custom battles. ITS AWESOME!!!

Next stop: 1850s style for GB, France and Russia and reenact the Crimean War... come oooooooon, you know you can do it!!!

finally i played and liked.

1-in custom battle there is no new music
    2-in custom battle in the soldier list names are not correct.
    3-i dont see any musician in my squad plus i dont hear their march music
    4-officers are looking with binocular but actually they have not.
    5-in the campaign map musics working but i swear 1 time i hear a vanilla empire track.
    6-upps also i need a soldier type who is laying those woods against enemy cavalry.it must be gurkhas.but they havent this ability.one of company soldier must have this.change this please later.

i liked all ur work.faction lists are nice too.i dont like so many kind soldiers in my army.its not realistic.also i didnt take any ctd .its working smootly plus turn times looks abit shorter than vanilla.

i also dont realize grass mod of primergy.did u add it or no?

i just hear that scottish music in march.but it was in custom battle.in campaign battle however i moved them and made zoom on them i didnt hear the musics.

Anyone knows a solution for my problem?
    I have Norton IS 2011 installed and when I finish downloading BEIC it analyzes the file but then deletes it because it think BEIC is dangerous... so I can't play this mod :/ Anyone knows anything about Norton and how to solve my problem? :/

PS: I strangely didn't have any problems with other downloads in this way at all...
    Last edited by Krimdor; May 01, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast