Thread: CTD - Scythia bug fix. Download here!

Default CTD - Scythia bug fix. Download here!

Darth, both in 6.8 and 6.9, I got a CTD while attacking Campus Scythi with an army from Thrace, but also CTD by attacking Campus Getae with an army from Scythia. The crash occurred while trrying to load to the battle screen. I think there may be a problem here.
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; February 25, 2006 at 03:11 AM.

Default DarthMod Issues and Problems.

Here you can post all your technical problems you anticipate when you try to play DarthMod. There is a 99% of no bug issue of DarthMod but you never know. Tell me here to fix the possible 1%.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...066#post820066

Checked it out and you are correct. Not a formation issue as I have checked. Since no modding of me in this area I suspect the following.

-It is a CA bug that when too much cavalry is involved in siege, it cannot distribute the siege machines and CTDs
    -Have to check the region map to trace possible causes.(Not modded by me so I think the only way to see if this persisits is to someone play vanilla unmodded map and attack this region. If it happens again then ....cannot fix. If not will try to do so.
    -In the meantime if smthg similar happens try auto resolve siege-battle to skip the turn.

Thank you for telling me and will revert.

Darth, I tried a few more tests for your info. I went to Vanilla and had Thracians attack Campus Scythi - there was no CTD. I went back to 6.9 and tried attacking another Scythian town other than Campus Scythi - same result CTD. I took a Dacian army and attacked Campus Scythi - CTD. I did not try taking a Scythian army and attack another Thracian town other than Campus Getae, however, my guess would be CTD again. Hope this helps in trying to find the solution,and hope there are not some other areas with the same problems.

Cheers.

Default Fixed It!!!!

thank you will check. Hope your checks included cavalry armies as I mention.

-------------------------(edit)
    I have fixed it. It was a very simple thing. 1 line of the thousand in the desc_model_battle.txt had a .dds extension which caused a CTD.
    The scythian general (not the lesser) texture had this problem.
    The only way to find this out was to play a campaign battle with scythians and fight with a faction leader of scythia.

Thank you so much for telling me!(This bug must have existed from DM_6.0...weird no one told me and I do not play scythians in my campaign testings)

Unzip the file and copy the txt file to your RTW folder such as Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\descr_model_battle.txt to replace the old one.

Thank you again for your notes. Only the community beta testers can help me perfect DarthMod.
    I think we have found the 1% of bug