Thread: DarthMod_6.8 Unleashed (Also Patch 6.9 available)

Default DarthMod_6.8 Unleashed (Also Patch 6.9 available)

DARTH MOD 6.8 Download-Links:
    Download link "Rapidshare"
    Download link "Filefront"
    Marcvs Traianvs dwnld offer

DARTH MOD patch 6.8 to 6.9 Download-Links:
    http://files.filefront.com/Darth_Mod_patch...;/fileinfo.html
    Quick_Darth_Patch
    http://files.filefront.com/Quick_Dar.../fileinfo.html

(An unofficial mod for the award winning game Rome:Total War created by Creative Assemply whose official rights now are hold by SEGA.)

This is a non-commercial product based on the computer game "Rome Total War" published by Activision/Creative Assemply. Its purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of this awarded game and not to be used for any profit creating reason. I have no responsibility for any undesirable effects that maybe noticed by misusing this software. All skin-developers who have allowed me to use their work to create this product and also myself have spent hundreds of hours with no money reward just for
    making the TW community and ourselves happier playing this game. Our only demand is that everyone respects this work and does not attempt to use this material for any public export without written permission. I hope that everyone is satisfied with my effort and I will reply to everyone who has comments or reports of undesired bugs.
    My name is DARTH VADER in the forums of www.twcenter.net and
    www.rometotalrealism.org
    My personal e-mail is thomadisnick@hotmail.com

-Have a fresh Install of RTW
    -Patch it to 1.3 then to 1.5 (or simply have a clean 1.6 BI version)
    -play the prologue just once to unlock it
    -Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder
    (For example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War)
    and not C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data= wrong)
    -ENJOY!!!

Suggestions
    -Do not install over a version of a modded RTW game folder.
    -Do not use the default installation path but manually browse to find you custom based directory of the game as per example.
    -Back up your files if you try to manually mod the DarthMod as per your taste. Problems occur and you shout for bugs that do not exist.
    -This version of my mod is tested to play as is. If you want to add other mods in it and anticipate problems, will not be of my responsibility.
    -DarthMod_6.8 will not work on top of other mods
    -Do not play old save games of darthmod
    -Do not play quick battle or historic battles as do not function properly
    -Play at VH/VH for maximum difficulty.

Extra suggestion
    -For hard core gamers there is an extra folder that will be copied to root directory of RTW called “Vassal_beta”. If you open it and copy the content inside DATA folder you will replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ descr_strat (back it up if you do not want to lose default darthmod settings).
    What it does? It creates an alternative way to play DarthMod with a beta based Vassal system. War pacts are created (Numidia,spain,Gaul under Carthage authority, greek_cities under Macedon, Pontus under Seleucids, Armenia under Parthia and Dacia under Germans. The Romans will be in a strange unity sometimes fighting each other sometimes uniting and in the end only one authority will remain.
    The outcome will be a very competitive environment for human player because according to the faction he will choose he will confront powerful allied and coordinated forces than heterogeneous isolated forces. No longer berserk AI fighting each other but a strange passive balance ready for an outbreak. Of course this is something I had not the time to test fully and there are some annoying facts as well.
    But will be your choice and freedom to test it and tell me your thoughts.
    Annoying facts are:
    -Senate AI has a strange hatred for Scipii making them an outlaw from the start.
    -Romans will have 100% more difficulty to expand.(perhaps all these will be fixed if the mod is adapted to have only 1 faction of Romans such us RTR and others.)
    -There is a strange passiveness of superfactions which gather much army power that do not use it to attack but more to defend (needs many turns to test more)

Anyhow it is a very new way of playing RTW never before seen in the community and offer to you to test and make it better with collective discussion.

Synoptic Enhancements of DarthMod_6.8

-Completely new formation system. Brand new formations never seen before and each faction/culture will have its unique type of fighting and strategy. No more random formations. Each culture will have a full set of formation roles to cover its needs and have a special character.
    -New Human formations.(from generic to culture based formation available to use for any army).
    -Ultra modded the battle system with various techniques (mass, attributes, offsets, fatality factors etc.) to create the most lively battle theater ever seen.
    Watch elephants to be an ancient tank as they should, cavalry to create hit and run tactics or predate than suicide, phalanxes to hold position or push forward en masse and coherent, skirmishers to spread and isolate heavy forces who chose to attack them…and many more.
    -General unitAI will be even more lasting than die in a few minutes. The formations and set of unit masses create cavalry ability to break easily than stick to units and die.
    -All graphics of DarthMod_5.8 are transferred to 6.8 (except those that affect the map)
    -Night battles are enabled.(thanks to DimeBagHo for the excellent tutorial)
    -Custom battle maps are transferred from 5.8 to 6.8
    -Projectile settings are set to create realism and less lag.

No more….see for yourself

-----------Skin-Creators-----------
    Special Thanks to the following guys who have allowed me to use their work but also because this work is simply wonderfull!!!

(In alphabetical order)
    ----Augustus21----(for his AUG_Phalangites skin mod)
    ----Burebista-----(for his skins set for Carthage army)
    ----KALI----------(for his skins set for Parthian army)
    ----LAca----------(for his phalanx_pikemen, seleucid_legionaries, Numidian_Legionaries skin mods)
    ----meh_cd--------(for his macedonian hypaspist skin)
    -------SpartanWarrior---------------(for use of his skin for macedonian heavy phalanx p.s Vlad told me it is his work and I tried to contact him but failed.
    Still I mention him.)
    -------Titus Andronicus & sleighr---(for use of some skins in their ptolemaic egypt mod = hellenic light cavalry, greek standard, machimoi)
    ---Warspite-------(for his wspite_armenians_v1.0, wspite_mercs_2.1, wspite_numidia_v1.0, wspite_pontics_1.0 skins mods)
    ---Webbird--------(for his complete skinpack (Rev 1.1), Wb New celts skin mods,
    Copyright of Artwork and Files within this Package: U.Erdmann -skinXess- 2005 Copyright of pylos spartan cas: The Trivium Organisation)
    ---Vrabac and Alcibiades--- For their skin of Seleucid silvershields.

If I accidentally use material from persons I have not mentioned above, please notify me immediately so as to update the text file.
    Also I use almost all the 2d UI icons provided by them. Most 2d Icons are created by myself and also many texture skins are also created by me for example I used Augustus21 skins and skeletons to create new bronze plated phalanx unit and cavalry for Ptolemaic Egypt.

**********************Special Thanks**********************
    -To “ngr”, “khelvan” and the whole “Europa Barbarorum” team for allowing me to use the great and enormous map of Mundus_Magnus 2 in DarthMod_5.8 and some mercenary units of them now transferred to 6.8.
    - To TWcenter.net stuff for their super support.
    -To RomeTotalRealism team for their hosting of my forum to their site and their general support.
    -To YOU the fans of my mod who support it with your appreciation.
    -CA & Activision & SEGA for the creation of this super game.
    -To Webbird again who has given me even more skins to use. (Scythia, Spain and Romans)

Here are screenshots of:

-Roman manipular Formation in full deployment.
    Beautiful isn't it? And powerful for AI too.

-Greek-Theban Formation.

The formation uses historic greek strategy and indeed it has an impact...
    Watch how powerful charges this formation uses. I have depleted all my javelin ammo with minimal casualties for greece due to the overlapping shields, mass and armour.

The continuous pushing of hoplites destroyed Roman center (My human army)

Also see another picture of effective AI formation for pontus.(Watch how well is deployed the phalanx and the flanks protected while cavalry predates from behind)

And a nice picture to see the graphics (Romans must maintain cohesion to withstand Armenian bow fire!)

(AI carthage defends my human roman army in night battle)

24/02/06

Darth Mod Patch 6.8 to 6.9 (download link is above)
    -Have an unmodded version of DarthMod 6.8 installed as per instructions provided for this
    -Target the installer to the directory that your DarthMod exists
    (For example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War)
    and not C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data= wrong)
    -ENJOY!!!

This is an urgent patch to enhance even more the gameplay of the mod. No bugs exist in 6.8 and with this patch you can see the following enhances:

-New Darth_Map (Modification of existing Vanilla map)
    Re-distribution of all starting faction provinces to provide historical and gameplay correction of challenge. AI campaign has been balanced to provide the best gameplay possible. The vanilla map is a good map if triggered correctly.
    -Created scripts for Gaul and Parthia to re-emerge if they are won in start of game and when rebellions occur in their prior lands.(Have to beta test this how it works in very late turns but generally no CTDs occured
    -Created forced naval invasions for many factions that create an unbelievable campaign challenge. Watch greeks really unite with Macedonians and have an obsession to conquer Sicely and even throw away Romans from the island. Carthage to be competitive and maintain her lands while Scipii have to win several fronts to survive. Generally each faction gets powerful enough to create powerful balanced armies for the human player to challenge with the new Darth Settings of Battle gameplay .
    -Inserted pictures for the Darth custom battle maps (Thanks RTR team for creating them!)
    -Created compatibility for the mod to be used for any music mod without erasing events.dat file.(Also provide certain optional setting for those who use Lite Music mod and it is copied in the root directory of the game to be used freely when needed ONLY if you use lite music mod)
    -Inserted images for the new map settings for each faction
    -Perfected Darth Formations to version 10.5 which now includes new AI bridge battle tactics.
    -Also include the optional beta Vassal system as in 6.8 but now uses new map.