Thread: Getting to work on Mac?

Default Getting to work on Mac?

I downloaded the .rar full install for BI, but after the intro screen loads, the game crashes to desktop. I know it must be an installation error, but I don't know what. My bi folder was clean, and I've tried installing the MOD folder in several locations in an attempt to get it to work. I've tried replacing the vanilla bi folder with the new one, pasting the MOD folder and renaming it, even replacing the "ci vanilla folder with the MOD folder. All attempts result in the same: The Mod intro loads and stays on screen for a few seconds, then it crashes to desktop. Anyone have a clue how to get it to work?

Default Re: Getting to work on Mac?

Well, attempting to install to various locations or copying wrong folders over other wrong folders won't make it work. The correct placement of folders is: The BI folder included in the download is put into the main RTW directory, so that it overwrites the existing bi folder. I might be wrong (no experience with Mac), but when creating the shortcut, the "mod:bi\ci" command might need to become "mod:bi/ci".

I attempted as you said, but the same thing happens. I tried made sure I placed a clean BI folder in the main RTW directory, then redownloaded the RAR full version, copied the bi folder in it and replaced the vanilla BI folder with the MOD one. It still loads the intro screen, then crashes after a few seconds.

Did you try changing the command in the shortcut?

Yes. I tried the -mod:BI/ci command, and the mod:BI\ci command. Neither worked. It still opens the intro screen, then crashes to desktop.

I don't have Mac, but logic says if the game runs on it, so should a mod. If it doesn't either the installation is wrong, the file got corrupted or the shortcut is wrong.

If you are dead certain neither of the above is the case, I am out of ideas. Perhaps someone who has Mac and has got the mod to work can help.

Well, I completely reinstalled Rome Total War:Gold, updated to the correct version, redownloaded the Mod, and made sure to install correctly. Same thing happened, but I found the "error" causing it. I checked the log after the crash and it read:

"5/1/11 9:15:06 PM [0x0-0x1a01a].com.feralinteractive.rome[192] Sun May 1 21:15:06 Caleb-Harpers-MacBook-Pro.local Rome Total War[192] <Error>: CGImageCreate: invalid image size: 0 x 0."

Im not sure exactly what this means or how to fix it, but maybe one of you understand what's wrong.

Hi,
    I got the mod to work simply by removing the "sounds" and "fmv" folder inside the "data" folder of the mod.
    There must be some kind of a compatibility issue with the Mac.
    Just curious, what type of mac are you using?

Thibaud

Im using a macbook pro with a 2.4Ghz processor and 4 Gigs of RAM.

Thibaud, it still does the same thing...crashes to desktop after intro screen. Any other ideas?