Thread: Date Masamune Starting Game

Default Date Masamune Starting Game

Date Masamune Starting Game
    I know some people wanted this (I'm one of them), so I took things into my own hands and made it.

This is just to change the starting Date Daimyo's name into Masamune.
    Not strictly a mod, just a modified save game, so I decided to place it in Miscellaneous. Here's some shots:

----

Since this is a proof of concept for me, your young daughter is also now called Aya (instead of Yomogi) and infant son is called Watari (instead of Terumune), but I'm sure you won't mind that.
    ----

No moves have been made in the save, by the way, this is just a demonstration for the sake of caps.
    ----
    Funds are also set to 30K, because that is standard for all of my starts to make up for the AI's recruitment bonuses (Sorry, I just get truly sick when huge stacks overwhelm you from both directions when you couldn't possibly recruit that many troops to defend yourself- at least this way you have a fighting chance). But... if this bothers you I guess I could make one without funds; just request it- as I say, this is a proof more than anything.

The game is Short Campaign and on Easy. Again, I'm guessing the roleplayers among us that just want a Masamune don't really care for massive horrible death challenges. But again, if you'd like certain other difficulties made, I can do that.

Of course, this screws up historical accuracy, but hell, its not like Shogun II is big on that anyway (what with Oda continually dying on the first turn, eh? )

Are you ready guys!? Then Download HERE

...Sorry, couldn't resist the Sengoku Basara...

Goes into=> X:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\save_games
    Assuming Windows XP, of course, I'm not sure about Windows 7.
    Last edited by eharper256; April 28, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Date Masamune Starting Game

Thanks a lot dude!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Change the UI card to "Date Masamune" of Sengoku Basara and the 3d model having 6 swords, and you will have my undying gratitude.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbaal19
    Thanks a lot dude!
    No problem, glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel
    Change the UI card to "Date Masamune" of Sengoku Basara and the 3d model having 6 swords, and you will have my undying gratitude.
    Thats a bit beyond me at the moment, my modding ability sucks. Ideally, Hexawield needs to be in the skill tree for Date; and Bishounen for Kenshin; oh, and Dancing Ashigaru commander should be an upgrade of Land Assault. And Horses need the ability to attack and ride up castle walls. But yeah...

My main beef here was it quite possible to never see Masamune in a Date game unless the RNG pulled his name for your next random son of which there is a 2 in something thousand chance!! (2, because there is 'Date' entry for Masamune, and standard 'Japanese' entry for Masamune).

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post

I suspected when I saw this topic, you might be extreme happy

edit: Does this mod change in saved date campaign?

You are awsome but you schould also adjust the other clans to match the Sengoku Basara series

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

I think you actually get Date Masamune in vanilla ...he's like the third heir down or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    I suspected when I saw this topic, you might be extreme happy

edit: Does this mod change in saved date campaign?
    If you mean does it change your already in-progress saved campaign, then no. As I say, this is modified savegame of my own, so you'll have start over again from this. Sorry.

He might be the next heir; but thats assuming the RNG works in your favour, I think. First you have to get a next heir!

Great work.

But is there any way to get Hattori Hanzo for the Hattori as Daimyo?

I hope you can help.

Lawl, Sengoku Basara, really great anime Masamune is just plain awesome, but my fav character is Sarutobi the ninja (Yes, it was intentional that I did not write down his other name )

Daqin's Avatar Civis

Nice, Masamune should be in the game (even though he should be -21 in 1545).

I'm not sure how you would do this--maybe scripting--but if you could make some other notable family members appear when they should in game, that would be great. For instance, assuming Shingen hasn't gotten himself killed in the first 4 turns, Takeda Katsuyori should be born in 1546 (might as well make it spring for simplicity). Brothers can't have offspring, but Uesugi Kagekatsu should appear in 1556, just make him Kenshin's son instead of Masakage's. Kagetora could appear as well (either 1552 or 1554, some dispute over that), either as Kenshin's son or, if you want to go for ultra realism, Hojo Ujiyasu's (since you can't adopt male children from other clans, might as well make him start as Kenshin's). Oda Nobunaga's sons should appear, though that may be difficult since he's not of age yet, and obviously not married, when the game starts. Marriage might also be a problem with Kenshin, even though he technically should remain unwed. This is probably getting too complicated already, but it would be neat if it could be done. One more: Mori Terumoto as Mori Takamoto's son in 1553. He's already of age and married when the game starts, so that might make it easier.

Since this is a proof of concept for me, your young daughter is also now called Aya (instead of Yomogi) and infant son is called Watari (instead of Terumune), but I'm sure you won't mind that.
    I understand that its proof of concept, but Terumune is Masamune's father, so...yeah, I mind a little.
    "There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_ii View Post
    Great work.

But is there any way to get Hattori Hanzo for the Hattori as Daimyo?

I hope you can help.
    actually if you play hattori, your very first son is infact Hattori Hanzo. His name is not listed as Hattori Hanzo because Hattori Hanzo is just a title(?) to his real name Hattori Masanari

Hello eharper256, many thanks! One Question, which files must i change in the usal save game to rename my character and change the age?

Quote Originally Posted by brandl View Post
    Hello eharper256, many thanks! One Question, which files must i change in the usal save game to rename my character and change the age?
    Anyone know this?
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I thought I'd upload a .pack alternative. I swapped out Haramune's name with Masamune, making Masamune daimyo at the game's start. To avoid Masamune clones (although who wouldn't want this?!) I swapped out Masamune's original entry name with Munesane.

Just to add a little humour, I swapped out two date_daimyo.tga files, so the unit picture thing for the data daimyo is now... well, is there any point in me telling? Yes, it's Basara'ized Masamune. Both focus on his face, considering that if it were any more zoomed out the detail would be awfully generalized. He also shows up on the save/load screen and wherever else the two .tga files show up.

Along with the .rar file there's two screens. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM.