Thread: All Factions Possible Outcome ?

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Icon1 All Factions Possible Outcome ?

There May Be some of you out there like me who actually thought that pre-ordering S2TW on steam would allow you to still play as the 'hattori' clan, However Steam/CA should of put it the LE online.Now we have all these lazy people like me to actually Couldn't be bothered to go out and buy a LE S2TW retail copy,

so Anyways i was thinking, If/when the modding community manage to unlock all factions, that the hattori clan would be open to everyone , although this sounds very cheap and a 'shameful display' i was wondering what the community is thinking.

Default Re: All Factions Possible Outcome ?

You know...nvm i might get banned or flamed idk something for saying but anyways i would also like to see this happen. Although i have very high faith to our modding team due to their excellent talent and skill, i am still skeptical about them cracking this. In the first place, is it even possible? Probably nothing is impossible right? Second, what would CA do about it...thats what im most curious about. Scary stuff~

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY FTW!

madrush's Avatar Senator

ehmmmm, cracking all factions have been one of the modders of twc top priority since s2tw's release, although mildly unsuccessful in unlocking em (i say this is because they know where to find the files but the files dont seem to cooperate with the game as much as they expected) they manage to open slots for an extra faction but the faction will not appear in the listings
    2) cracking the hattori clan is illegal, WHY u ask? bc the the hattori must be bought with the special addition, like the etw/ntw DCL units u cant simply crack em and get away scot free, there are penalties and lawsuits u may face

Lovely, Seems CA are becoming greedy money grabbers, and their are rumours of possible 'ikko ikki' DLC to come soon, since CA always manage to release a game broken and then smack out patches over weeks/ months...i think its unfair to make people pay for such ''MINOR'' changes in the game, So what if we get to play as the ikko ikki its all the same...ikko ikki yari this....ikko ashiguru that.....

''ohwell its different because they have there own religion etc.....

point made.....

Well, I suppose you can unlock all factions but Hattori and Ikko Ikki, as they're not free to play. However, attempts to unlock factions aren't being successful as of now due to the limited moddability of Shogun 2 files.

Without these extra factions to play with i think people will get bored of S2TW ( Singleplayer ) within weeks in a few months otherwise.

besides, playing as the other clans means not having a faction speciality not that it matters , but really in S2 i find that factions are only appealing because of starting positions .

chek my thred out if u know how to search for files dude, search the patch files. tho as mitch said i got a feeling the relivent "hiden file" could be somewere unheard of.

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    Lovely, Seems CA are becoming greedy money grabbers, and their are rumours of possible 'ikko ikki' DLC to come soon, since CA always manage to release a game broken and then smack out patches over weeks/ months...i think its unfair to make people pay for such ''MINOR'' changes in the game, So what if we get to play as the ikko ikki its all the same...ikko ikki yari this....ikko ashiguru that.....

''ohwell its different because they have there own religion etc.....

point made.....
    it is not a "possible DLC"
    This is sure.... The last patch introduced changes for that (Ashigaru Katana assigned to ikko-ikki, new daimyo portrait (Ikko-ikki), new entries in the localization files etc...)
    And yes this is unfair, and will make them loosing customers... in fact a lot of people play TW games cause of the modding community and the possibility to get new contents from modding community... but if the modding is severely restricted...
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards