Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions From The Battlefield

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Impressions From The Battlefield

night battle...picts attacking goddodin fort...the settlements are lovely...the battles are bloody...a few decent ai moves as well i notice
    Last edited by GRANTO; December 15, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Granto, we are glad you people are enjoying the new version II, this gives us more encouragement for the future.Thx.

Cheers

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Downloaded on Saturday and started a new campaign yesterday, enjoying it so far with only one minor glitch so far, when I landed a diplomat on the Kent coast.

In my Imperium Romanum campaign the Franks start as allies but seem untrustworthy as they kept sending a large army close to one of my cities without invitation. So I cunningly waited until they attacked a nearby rebel city and sent an army for support. My siege weapons opened up the walls but I didn't move the army in for attack and took reluctant satisfaction in seeing my untrustworthy ally slowly hacked to pieces by the defenders. In the next turn I declared war and finished off what was left of them whilst taking the city for myself.

Currently moving in to Frankish territory before they instigate a counter attack. These screen shots show a battle in which the Frankish Skirmisher Cavalry attack my invading force in large numbers but are quickly rebuffed by my cavalry. They hastily retreated over a hill and sent a large body of spearmen down the hill to meet the pursuers. After a tough fight the Franks were eventually overcome. looking forward to continuing the campaign tonight

Sorry team, but I just had to edit the Franks horse blanket to a sheepskin, as that bright blue Vanilla French one, didn't look right
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

midnite's Avatar Citizen

horses and finishing the faction banners are some of the things I hope to work on at some later time.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

My questions: how can i flash the units during battle? i can't difference mine from enemies
    and second question, i know it is not the correct subforum but this way i dont have to post 2 times, i instaled britane 1.0.0, and then downloaded many things, what do i have to do now? thanks and dont angry with me i have problems to speak english

To restore unit markers @bubita; open the configuration file in the IB2_Britanniae folder and change (disable_arrow_markers = true) to disable_arrow_markers = false. The installation instructions are stated clearly on the Download thread and shouldn't be explained further within this thread. However I suggest if you are unsure what to do, you maybe should start by copying the Medieval Kingdoms folder into your My Documents folder for installing these mod files, to ensure you don't corrupt your Game's Vanilla files

These campaign shots show a battle with the now desperate Frankish forces, who threw a huge army of over 3000 warriors against two of my armies besieging their capital. An initial charge by a multitude of their cavalry was securely held from a position on a steep slope and my amassed forces then turned upon the centre of their army situated within a wooded glade, which became the scene of much slaughter as it buckled under a deluge of javelins, arrows and thrusting spears. With their centre destroyed the Franks left flank contained by my reinforcements, was rapidly set upon and overwhelmed and the rout of the Franks from Northern Gaul had truly began for a resumption of Roman rule to begin!!.

how to change it? i dont find in configuration please help me!!

Quote Originally Posted by bubita View Post
    how to change it? i dont find in configuration please help me!!
    In you IB II Conquestus Britanniae folder there is a text file named Configuration, scroll down and You will find this line- Disable Arrow Markers=True, if you want the arrow markers change True to False.

Cheers

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    To
    These campaign shots show a battle with the now desperate Frankish forces, who threw a huge army of over 3000 warriors against two of my armies besieging their capital. An initial charge by a multitude of their cavalry was securely held from a position on a steep slope and my amassed forces then turned upon the centre of their army situated within a wooded glade, which became the scene of much slaughter as it buckled under a deluge of javelins, arrows and thrusting spears. With their centre destroyed the Franks left flank contained by my reinforcements, was rapidly set upon and overwhelmed and the rout of the Franks from Northern Gaul had truly began for a resumption of Roman rule to begin!!.

nice pictures!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    In you IB II Conquestus Britanniae folder there is a text file named Configuration, scroll down and You will find this line- Disable Arrow Markers=True, if you want the arrow markers change True to False.

Cheers
    I've looked it many times and i dont find. I select sega, then medieval kingdom, mods, ibii britanie, then configration and there are 2 pages written and i have read they all and i dont find it, are you sure it is there?

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by bubita View Post
    I've looked it many times and i dont find. I select sega, then medieval kingdom, mods, ibii britanie, then configration and there are 2 pages written and i have read they all and i dont find it, are you sure it is there?
    Yes, I´m sure too. In the file configuration.cfg it is this part :

[game]
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 1
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    sub_faction_accents = 1
    show_banners = 0
    disable_arrow_markers = false
    Last edited by one day; December 20, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    Yes, I´m sure too. In the file configuration.cfg it is this part :

[game]
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 1
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    sub_faction_accents = 1
    show_banners = 0
    disable_arrow_markers = false
    ok thanks, but it is incredible, it wasnt there, i had to write the entire line, i swear, how it is posible?

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    nice pictures!
    Thanks Midnite , isn't anybody else taking battle snaps by the way! Morgan where are you?
    It's strange you needed to create that line in the configuration file @bubita, perhaps you should do another install with the patches, which is what I'll do when this campaign is finished.

I'll give it a rest for a bit but here are some snaps showing my latest battle, with the Franks who continuing to resist the advance of my forces by repeated counter attacks of increasing strength.
    This time a massive army of over 3000 warriors made a stand against my army of equal number advancing into one of their last remaining provinces.The result was a terrific battle that seemed to take forever and left my forces almost completely destroyed for the first time since I started this campaign. Whereas in previous battles the Franks had been securely checked by my front ranks and depleted in number by my archers. This time they tore through my front ranks and undertook a franking maneuver (No pun intended), which led to me quickly re-organisng my rear ranks leaving the centre badly defended. As effective formations could not be re-established to resist the enemies swift advance, the battle developed into a vast brawl in which the Franks seemed to have the advantage and eventually overcame my entire army and putting what was left to rout.

Anyone got any map / empire pics?

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

I will hopefully put a few updates up for my Empire campaign, it's going surprisingly well actually, but by god it's hard to stay alive!
    Loving this!

Let me to show you my snapshot from the battlefield. It is the winner of UESW 210.

Merry Christmas to all fans and players. And big thanks to authors of this mod.

one day merry Christmas to you too. Great picture there, whats the name of the battle, Battle at the Mould, or Blood Bath at the Hill Top.

Cheers.

Sorry, this battle has no name. There are many epic battles in my campaigns. As I wrote, this mod is very creative and inspirative for snapshots. Here are some of the best ones of IB2 from this year. I hope you enjoy it ..

Edited:

Unedited:

And also some my new shots you can find in the contest Picture of the week.

Those are great action shots @OneDay. The first one looks very dramatic with the sun appearing over the distant mountains to shine into the eyes of the attacking army. Divine providence perhaps!? Are two others from Conquestus Britanniae though?

My campaign is progressing well but the rapid expansion of the economy and military has been given a a severe jolt by the Franks, who have struck back across the River Meuse and after a few rebellions a battle victories, now present a major headache to a much diminished army in attempting stem their advance. Meanwhile in the South the capturing of a settlement by Llydaw led to a rapid deployment of a task force to retake the city, which is now advancing deep into their territory. The latest battle was instigated by engaging the largest of their armies comprising many units of cavalry. Having made a decision to take on this formidable army, I positioned my forces on a slope inviting attack. The challenge was excepted and despite a massive headlong charge by their cavalry in an attempt to break my lines, the defense held firm and this formidable army of Bretons were utterly defeated.

But seriously, taking off my Roman officer's helmet for a while. I must say that it's a pity that so many battles have the AI attempt suicide charges against ranks of spearmen with little if any attempt to undertake out flanking maneuvers. This makes the formation of a double line of spearmen with archers behind, a battle winning strategy on most occasions, even on the very hard setting that I play on but such heroic charges make for great viewing all the same.

Last edited by caratacus; December 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Fantastic pics!!