Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions From The Battlefield

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Impressions From The Battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    i find that the best weapon against the barbarians are cavalry, lot of cavalry.
    Kill them all...

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Kill them all...

Great shot! Unfortunately, i cannot give you rep again... ...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    Will there be any implementation of faction banners on the battlefield. I find it hard to keep track of my troops in the middle of heated battles.

other than that the battle are very good and i find that the best weapon against the barbarians are cavalry, lot of cavalry.
    Battles where a very confusing affair when it come to hand to hand fighting, so let it be as it is, its more fun.

I will give you a rep MorganH, that screenshot is sinister, whats missing is lots of crows.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; May 24, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

Fight for survival;
    The Soissons Roman-Gauls under attack from the Merovingians

Merovingians are coming....

Full scale assault........

Clash of Empires.....

Final attack....

Repelled...for now......

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice! +rep

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Haven't got a screenshot from my latest battle, just thought I would promise some rep to the next guy who posts one!

ok lol

Pre Battle Fear.........

Last edited by MorganH.; May 28, 2011 at 05:42 AM.

oh bother!!! I was going to post this shot after that comment and give myself rep, and you beat me to it Morgan . Now I will have to honor the promise and give you rep, which I have never done in all my years on TWC,. Feel privileged

"Dawn awaits the brave"

Later that day
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Anglii attack my well defended position of Roman Britons, at some great cost to themselves.

Last edited by caratacus; May 28, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

you may put a space between each picture to make it more visuable.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Nice screens Guys Would be cool to see also some pics of your campaign status ( Campaign map)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Nice screens Guys Would be cool to see also some pics of your campaign status ( Campaign map)
    Well i dont know if its cool to see how i only have Lutetia left as the Soissons Romans,after the rampaging Merovingian invaders have finally trapped me there

Im seriously fighting for our existence though...
    ..but still No surrender and No mercy !....

Last edited by MorganH.; May 31, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Nice Morgan + rep

Playing as the Romano Britons after 3 weeks of a successful campaigning against the germanic Anglii and Saxons on a hard setting and very hard battles, the expansion has come to a grinding halt by a betrayal of Venodotia . I have been allied with them for most of the time and when the Anglii expanded into their heartland from the north, I abandoned the siege of the last Saxon city to hold out in the South West Country and marched my armies north to meet my allies enemy. This despite the fact that they were not at that time threatening to expand into their old territory of East Anglia from which they had been ousted and pushed northwards by my forces before turning my attention to the Saxons south of the River Thames.

I pushed them back to the River Humber and then.... the swine Venodotians(Votadini) declared peace and alliance with the Anglia and turned their armies on me, despite taking very little part in the removal of the Anglii from their own territory. Unlike the germanic people, these fellow Britons like to utilise cavalry on flanking manoeuvrings and their heavy spear men are reminiscent of the old days of empire, when Celtic Heavy Spear mercenaries fought alongside Roman legions and marching in tight formation using their shields to push against the front ranks of their enemies but with a spear instead of gladius as the stabbing weapon. They are a wilder bunch than my people and speak with a broader Brythonic dialect, many of their number coming from the barren hills and valleys in the West, little changed by the Romanisation that occurred in our rich fertile lands in the South East with their large villa farms and populations mixed with retired legionaries from the continent, many of which speak a form of german as a second language.

After sustaining a number of defeats, I have reorganised my forces for a different type of engagement, dispensing with light spear men in favour of heavily armed ones to guard my archers and deploying a greater ratio of cavalry (3-4 instead of 1-2 units) At last these changes are having an effect, as two towns have been reclaimed and 4 of their armies destroyed. I hope that this will continue before the Anglii and Saxons realise their opportunity and also attack. Praise be to God and to Woden for victory, peace and a united kingdom.

It is important to note that the shield design on the spear unit has been changed as I wasn't keen on the blurry bears. I'll ask Rio later in the week to post a link to a downloaded file on the front page if anyone wants them in their game. Also changed the bright green vanilla horse blankets to plaid ones and it looks much better..

Nice ! + rep

Also some campaign map pics , would be cool to see , havet see any ;(

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Well i dont know if its cool to see how i only have Lutetia left as the Soissons Romans,after the rampaging Merovingian invaders have finally trapped me there

Im seriously fighting for our existence though...
    Wow...Youre actually LOSING!!! OMG this is an awesome mod! I need to play it again!

Quote Originally Posted by BLIP99 View Post
    Wow...Youre actually LOSING!!! OMG this is an awesome mod! I need to play it again!
    Yes indeed im losing,as Im getting seriously swamped by Merovingians looking to expand their territory,and only Lutetia Parisiorum is still under my control. Im raising armies to try and reconquer some of my lost territories.....

With our back's against the Village wall...........

to be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    It is important to note that the shield design on the spear unit has been changed as I wasn't keen on the blurry bears. I'll ask Rio later in the week to post a link to a downloaded file on the front page if anyone wants them in their game. Also changed the bright green vanilla horse blankets to plaid ones and it looks much better..
    That be fine caratacus..great story and game line you got going..I'm hoping to finally play a campaign w/o testing after a bit more work on Vandalorvm II is done.

These Pics and updates from everyone is inspiring

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Yes indeed im losing,as Im getting seriously swamped by Merovingians looking to expand their territory,and only Lutetia Parisiorum is still under my control. Im raising armies to try and reconquer some of my lost territories.....

With our back's against the Village wall...........

to be continued...
    Great pictures!!!

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Here the map and the progress I made so far as Regnum Britanniae. Wright now I am at war with the Saxons trying to get all of southern Britain under my control, then I will move north.

Cheers.

Great pictures MorganH, try blockading the Saxon ports to weaken them Reno Melitensis

A Bridge Too Far!
    Having beaten back a Venedotiani advance southwards, my Romano British forces took two of their settlements (Corinium and Venonae) but I hesitated from driving further north. The Anglii had been active in the area but conspicuous in their lack of aggression against the Venedotians and I feared pushing the front against the Venedotians further north would only leave my rear flanks exposed to attack by either the Anglii, Saxons or worse both. I therefore opened a new advance along the coastal shores of the River Sabrina, which would weaken the Venedotians by taking settlements and divert their forces, whilst I prepared to take out the Anglii in what was left of the territory in the east.

I needed to secure a bridge crossing north of Venonae to consolidate the advance and stem further incursions into my territory and a Votadini army was encamped on the opposite shore which looked a tempting target for my two units of Ballista. The assault started at dawn with a full salvo of fiery balls which smashed into their camp decimating their numbers and such was the depletion I felt a full scale assault would be unable to be resisted effectively. The initial attack was very successful against the mercenaries mustered to engage the advance but before any substantial area on the opposite shore could be secured, two units of heavy spearmen came charging down the hillside to meet my army and a bloody engagement ensued which left the dead piled upon one another and my attack had been stemmed. Salvo after salvo of firey arrows were let loose into the melee but after an extended fight my warriors proved out matched and cut down. The Votadini charged repeatedly to capitalise on their success but on four separate occasions they were forced back by the intensity of arrows fired against them. The battle ended a draw with both armies almost completely destroyed and their remnants exhausted.

Last edited by caratacus; June 06, 2011 at 11:22 AM.