Thread: Agent Cap ?

Default Agent Cap ?

In db/agent table/agent, there's a column to the right of Restriction to religion IDRef, is that the agent cap ?

See the attachment for the picture.
    I reign with my left hand, I rule with my right
    I'm lord of all darkness, I'm queen of the night
    I've got the power
    Now do the march of the Black Queen

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Agent Cap ?

I believe you have found what i am looking for.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Is this confirmed?

Nope, is not. There seems to be a global cap for them else where. Or a 1 per town maximum.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; April 30, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

it is there and also in building effects...I have 12 ninja agents.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

OKAY it seems like there was some debate about whether or not this worked. I personally tried it like 1000 times with only partial success. Increasing the global limit in the "agents" table it seems does work after a fashion. It does determine the total number of agents you can HAVE but not the number you can RECRUIT. Allow me to explain. Modifying only the two tables mentioned above, "agents" and "building_effects" increases only the global limit of agents you can have, if you tell building_effects to increase the number of agents recruitable it seems nothing happens. This is easier for me to figure out in ROTS where my dancers can steal other agents! If I set my junsastsushi limit to 12, I can steal up to 12 enemy inspectors, but my recruitable limit is still only one per province with a market chain despite a "building_effects" edit making 3 recruitable per chain. What no one seems to have mentioned, and which I did not notice til now - is "building_factionwide_effects_junction" which has exactly the entries necessary to make this whole thing work flawlessly. I have not actually tested it yet, I just got excited and wanted to post on what is apparently a dead topic no one but me cares about anymore, but I will update once I finally have my two-region-faction with an army of agents politically destabilizing my opponents and conquering japan without ever recruiting a single unit. MUAHAHA.

Edit: Tried to post a screen but Win 7 is being stupid.
    Basically I have only 4 provinces but over 10 of each agent, and having changed the value in buildings_factionwide I can still recruit more agents! What I did was this: because I'm a cheap b@stard I added these values - "gem_agent_cap_monk" "gem_agent_cap_dancer" "gem_agent_cap_inspector" "gem_agent_cap_scout" (NOTE: for monomi/ninja it is SCOUT not "spy" as elsewhere for ROTS but ONLY IN THIS TABLE) - these four values I added as new values for the FUJIWARA PALACE because I am playing Fujiwara this campaign and didn't want to enable this for other factions. This means other factions would be able, through seduction, to reach my modified cap, but not through their own building chains (muahaha)! I increased the magnitude from 1 to 4 so each Fujiwara Palace (I made them non-unique) allows 4 of EVERY agent to be recruited! In addition I added the duplicate values "gem_agent_availability_quality_monk/spy/dancer/inspector" to the Fujiwara Palace under building_effects to make sure it would work.
    If there is enough interest in this after all this time I will write a tutorial or upload the custom mod I use, which is fully compatible with DarthMod and should not conflict with other mods.
    Last edited by madpluck; January 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Update

I can't believe this has gone dead-ish again.
    I'd love if you could write a tutorial about how to do this (especially if you know how to do it for the normal campaign, as I haven't obtained the DLC campaign yet...)
    I love having lots of ninja >D They're so fun, assassinating and sabotaging all the enemy armies ahahaaa

I've written a basic tutorial on how to accomplish this, I have had no problems in my game whatsoever:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10922415

Cheers! ^- ^

A question; if I make some changes (such as you have) will they still be there online? I play a lot with my housemate, and I don't want him to have the same advantage >

ha i am not sure how to answer this other than ethically.

Hahaa fair enough. I'll test it out and report back.
    I know troop mods stay (I had Loan Sword Ashigaru available while he was stuck with just the Yari Ashigaru), and the only time it hasn't worked is when the encyclopaedia is different. So I reckon it will be okay ^- ^

Ha and is he okay with you playing with all these advantages? you must be pretty bad

I'm new to the whole series, so yeah I'm not great XD
    but no, he has the sword ashigaru now too, and he won't know about the multi-ninja until they're assassinating the jeebus out of everyone >D
    (we do normally play co-op though, so I doubt he'll mind too much)