Thread: Katana in the Dark: A Hattori AAR

mikea4's Avatar Miles

Default Katana in the Dark: A Hattori AAR

A KATANA IN THE DARK: A Hattori AAR

I'm going to be starting an AAR using the Hattori from the Limited Edition of the game. If there is enough interest in the story I will continue. Hope you read the story

Here is a preview:

The darkness suits our needs. Why should we fight as others, Honor is no good once you are dead. The Ashikaga Shogunate is a joke. Inept rulers, hiding behind their fortress walls are not meant to rule they were never meant to rule. We have no fear of them we have no fear of anything. They shall be dealt with eventually, but first, the Tsutsui shall never rise again from their peaceful slumber. These holy men cannot defend themselves they shall be easy to defeat. Our Ninja Chisato shall begin the conflict. He will destroy their farms first, for they cannot defend properly without food. The Hattori will win this conflict, we will control all of the Island. None shall stand in our way. We will move in the night, we will be as shadows. None shall ever awaken from sleep once we march against them It is war!
    Last edited by mikea4; May 02, 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Populus Romanus's Avatar Senator
    Redmond, Washington, United States of America

Default Re: Katana in the Dark: A Hattori AAR

Excellent!

mikea4's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    Excellent!
    Thanks, I will definitely continue this story

This section will serve as an introduction to the characters, hope you like this section. It will be updated as more characters arise.
    The Demons of Battle

CHISATO: Ninja
    It was so easy burning that building, there was no one around. All it took was one match, and the place burst into flames. My name is Chisato, Ninja of the Hattori. My name is feared among my enemies and spoken in whispers among my country. No building or army is strong enough to avoid complete and utter destruction by me. I am the Hattori. The men of my nation could never win any battle without me. That is why I have been sent to begin the war with the Tsutsui. My first task, destroy their rice paddies. And this I did without much trouble. Let’s see them defend without food!
    All it takes for the Hattori to take over the world is a quick and deadly strike by me. I can halt an army in it’s tracks, kill their leaders, scout enemies who might give my nation trouble. The Hattori could not survive without me, I am the mysterious unspoken name, and I move quickly and quietly. I am a saboteur, and no army can avoid my machinations.

MOMOCHI TAKETOSHI: General/Commissioner for Warfare

I am the Commissioner for Warfare of the Hattori. I am the general that begun the entire war with the Tsutsui I am their conqueror. There nation fell quickly, they stood no chance against the silent cunning of the Hattori. I sent Chisato, our Ninja to seek out the enemy in their territory, and he brought back news of their forces. Much of our victory could be seen as mere circumstance, a victory of pure chance, but I know the truth. I marched into Tsutsui lands when Chisato came back to me reporting that the another clan entered the Tsutsui Lands. Knowing that this clan would take the Tsutsui before me if I stood by, I decided to send in my Ninja. He Subverted this clans army, allowing the Tsutsui to be side tracked in defeating the new threat. The town was now empty! How could I pass up a chance like this. I decided to have Chisato then Subvert the Tsutsui, and he succeeded. The town would recieve no reinforcements from their leader. The ensuing battle was simple.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our archers reigned death upon the enemy, they stood no chance, and the result was a massacre. The town was ours, and it was because of me. The Tsutsui were then forced into banditry, and rebellion, and their remaining army was still a threat to the security of our new province. But they were no match for the darkness of the night. I took my army, and proceeded to attack the remaining army.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It was a victory for our Demons of Battle, our name is now whispered among our enemies, and all shall eventually fall to our silent tactics.

HATTORI YASUNAGA: Daimyo

I am tired of being hidden in the shadows, no one knows my name, I am anonymous. But for now, we are stuck in the shadows, unkown, unfeared. The Hattori will one day be feared around the world, and it will be my name which will be uttered on the tongues of my enemy. The Tsutsui learned this the hard way, they once stood in our way of victory, but now, they kneel before us. The Hatakeyama, the allies of the Tsutsui will soon also fall. They were foolish for fighting us. They will not stand in our path to glory, they will bow before us, they will bow before me. WE shall teach them their foolishness. But for now we wait. We will stay in the shadows for now, but the world will see our rise from the shadows. the Nanban may prove to be useful in our rise to fame, for their weapons are powerful. We will rise, and I will be feared. There will be blood.
    Last edited by mikea4; May 01, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

mikea4's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Katana in the Dark: A Hattori AAR UPDATED 4/28/2011

any criticism/comments
    Last edited by mikea4; May 02, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

I really like the concept of the AAR, it's good to know what your subordinates and your daimyo think, keep up the good job, though I'd like to read more and see more pictures, hehe I might start my Shogun 2 AAR soon after this.

mikea4's Avatar Miles

I appreciate your comments, but I am afraid that I am going to have to stop writing this AAR. I am not really liking the way it is coming out, so I will either spend time away until the new patch arrives, or I will just quit entirely. If a moderator could please close this thread I would greatly appreciate it.

So far So good +Rep