Thread: Cut unit size in half, across the board.

Foederatus

Default Cut unit size in half, across the board.

First off, hello everyone! I haven't been here in nearly 3 years but Shogun 2 has seriously re-wet my appetite for Total War games!

Ok so I was wondering if anyone can make a mod that simply cuts all unit sizes in half. I know, ridiculous right? But my rig is terrible, so anywhere I can get a boost would be great. I'm running everything on low and all optional stuff is off :-/. I'm hoping to combine this with Radious's fixes mod that is said to give fps boost as well. Even the flags on the back, while I love them, make some units blocky from a zoomed up level. Also with the mod that raises moral I feel great battles will still happen. Keep cost for units the same and what not as well.

This might be a dumb idea and it's my first post in 3 years so please go easy ;-)

**edit** just noticed my post count has been reset! Sad sad day it is

Default Re: Cut unit size in half, across the board.

If you don't care about custom battles, the easiest way to reduce unit sizes would be to go into your preferences.script.txt and change the campaign_unit_multiplier value to something smaller. If custom battles are a big deal...then each unit would have to be cut in half in the db table, which would take a little bit of time.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

MiniKiller - go to user (your username)\ appdata\ roaming\ The Creative Assembly\ Shogun 2\ scripts\ here you find the preferences.script - open it and set {campaign_unit_multiplier to 0.5} close the file SAVE - after go over the file with your mouse - second mouse click - properties - and make the file read only (just click this option ) - DONE: Here is a part of my preferences.sript (its in the 9th line from above to change)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If you can't find the appdata file - you have to change the "Folder Option" settings - to show hidden folders.
    Here it is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Syntax
    Last edited by Syntax; April 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Foederatus

Thank you very much!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

deleted
    Last edited by Lord Baal; April 28, 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Wrong thread