Posting the Public Letter to the Civitates -

This is an open letter to the civitates, Patricians, Magistrates and Senatorii

Greetings all civitates, I hope you are all well!

I have decided that I should write an open letter to all you civitates to inform you all on a critical election going on in the Curia. I understand that many of you dislike politics or have no interest in it, but, you all have been rewarded with civitates status because of your contributions to the community. Most of you form an important part of the Forum, whether it be modding, debating or politics, we all are part of the same united community and though different in political views and so on we all in some way care about this community.

So, on to the main point of this letter – The Consul election, the civitates will be electing a consul, that is, a junior administrator and someone to act as head of the curia. The person chosen will have an important impact in the community and thus it is important that this is not turned into a popularity contest, each and every one of us has to think well about this. Remember, the community has to serve all, and all have to feel part of it, if you don’t like the curia, understand that others do, and that this election could be the difference between them gaining or loosing interest in the community. I am not asking you to vote for any one candidate, I am asking that you all take some time in your lives and read up on all candidates and see which would be best suited to the position. A debate has been set up to help, please read it - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44647
Also, take some time and read around the curia, then look at your own section of interest and see which best fits the community as Administrator. Remember, its not all about technical know how, or knowledge in the curia, or moderation, it’s about a mix that best suits the community. The wrong choice could lead to instability, or worse. So, don’t take this vote likely, please.

Lucius Vorenus
Acting Syntagma Pro Curator

Note - Members you are welcome to give your opinions here! :wink: