Thread: adding a new faction

Default adding a new faction

basically I want to add a new faction to the peninsular war map. I want to be able to have a seperate spainish faction to represent the isabelino faction in the first carlist war. How would I give them new regions a government etc

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: adding a new faction

From what I have heard, it is a very difficult task. First you'd need to code in teh faction, their units, flag, regions, leader, descendants, (future leaders), and script their "priorities" for as they are the AI. You would need to be extremely adept in LUA and such.
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

eeek. the total wars before empire were so much easier to mod. Lol

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShark View Post
    eeek. the total wars before empire were so much easier to mod. Lol
    Blame the engine mate. :p

Though I'd assume that you'd still have to do all that pre-Empire. I guess it was easier though huh?
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Icon7 Re: adding a new faction

yeah it helps whren everything is a wordpad document. Alot easier to re code. I creatred like three new factions for medieval 2. Really easy. Took me and my mates an afternoon. but it took us nearly a week to try to enable the recruitment of armed citizens as opposed to them spawning and to make dutch line infantry recruitable in London