Thread: Dawn of the 20th Century

Default Dawn of the 20th Century

Well just to give you a note, in rome making a WW2 was impossible but WW1 is possible cause it's almost the same as the napo ages.
    Dawn of the 20th Century

The Mod could span from 1860/70--->1920/26

Factions:

-Arabs (when they tried to gain independance from teh Ottomans and without them the british would have never defeated the Ottomans)
    -Ottomans
    -British
    -Germans
    -Russia
    -France
    -Scandinavia (did not fight as a major faction but would just fill up sopme parts of the map)
    -Spain
    -Portogual
    -USA (didnt really "fight" until the end of WW1 but maybe the player would want to change history and join even before or maybe play alongside the Ottomans/Germans or even support the arabs against the ottomans)
    -Greece (not sure whether to add or not, i also know they did not fight in WWI but like USA maybe the player would want to do something new)
    -Italy

Also please know i'm reveiwing to whether starting this mod or no, and please know that i havent completely made a decision.
    I'll be the moddeller and skinner and historian, can't flame me now :wink: .

And please i need suggestions whether to make another mod like a "FutureTW"... dunno.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; February 24, 2006 at 04:09 AM.

Okay i decided to make the date from about 1870-->1920/1924 not sure..

<--Sorry for double Posting -->
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; February 24, 2006 at 04:06 AM.

Sounds interesting but you are going to have to do a lot of work with formations for WW1. Also a lot of work with animations too to because people would be crouching and finding cover an such but if you could pull that off it would be a great Mod. I however can not offer any assistance becuas I am in no way capable of any real modding. I hope you are able to pull this off though.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This sounds interesting, I have wanted a game like this for a long time. I became hooked a game called "The Entente" which basically was a World War 1 version of Age of Empires.

Drunken's Avatar Semisalis

Although I dont in anyway want to put you off what is a great idea, it seems like it would be impossible to implement, due to the differences between the eras of combat.

You would end up with soldiers and tanks going across open feilds in perfect formations, nothing like WW1.

But still if you are going to go ahead with it I wish you luck and look forward to it
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings"

Thanks for the support, and btw i would end the mod at 1918 maybe..to make everything possible and also about planes i may try to make them agents not battle-map units..
    Like you order a couple of planes to attack a certain part of the map and ,like assasins, will do their job.

If people want a future war (square formations melee combat plus gun combat) i would try to make nukes possible (again not a battle-map weapon) also with plane divisions as agents.

And if people want a civil war mod well i'm open for ideas. I want ideas from everyone.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Will Scandinavia be a faction? As of when did the scandinavians fight together (as allies not enemies)? All three Scandinavian countries where relatively unimportant in WW2, and all remained neutral. Keep them rebel, or out of the map. for the love of god do NOT unite Scandinavia. The Swedes and Danes will be furious (for them it whould be like uniting France and England in a mod, think of the reaction from the french and english forum members).

Good luck on the mod, though. Seems interesting

The USA could fight wars in the Pacific during the Spanish-American war. I wouldn't be surprised if a player controlling the USA would conquer Mexico and Canada. We would all like that.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Eh? I'd much rather Canada kicked the crap out of America (cf. War of 1812) to be quite honest.

Hmm..guys i really need help deciding some stuff, like this mod isnt exactly a WWI mod, but in the 1900s of the "1850-->1920" period there will be WWI, so this mod is like a continuation of all the napoleanic mods out there (except it will include WWI stuff) so ill add canada, some south american factions..but really need help deciding please!

Or do you guys want a fantasy mod..where i invent the map, units..etc.

But its up to you guys as im interested in both ideas so, as i noticed, looks like you guys want a dawn of 20th century mod!
    Please ,though, help me with ideas and decisions.