View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

CA will sell us out lol....

Console total war with persistent stats to show your buddies YAY.

14 units on the battlefield you can even zoom in to see there awesome swords .

Buy now and get our ultra super duper awesome DLC the 13 console warriors.

Protector's Avatar Senator

On this TWC forum we can open even 10 more polls to ask for next total war game.

Also 20 new polls and additional new game ideas will not change that Rome Total War 2 is the most wanted !

My guess is that we will not know for sure before July which game will come out next.
    Last edited by Protector; April 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Has to be Rome II. To be honest i dont think CA will be able to compete with Roma surrectum II and Europa Barbarorum 1 and 2 though. If Ca continues its TW game every 2 years trend it really wont be able to stand a chance against them.

Now, i know this will attract the "modders are overrated bunch" and im well aware of that but Ca have had to and always will have to make games that appeal to as many people as possible, sacrificing depth and complexity for accessibility. You simply couldnt make an official Europa Barbarorum total war and release it to "Wow big armies, men fighting" target audience and i dont expect them to do so, which is why personally, i really doubt ill enjoy the next Rome as much as i have the Rome mods for the original

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

@Anibal at Portas

YOu obviously have not played TW titles earlier than NTW or ETW. They're just so much better, but you still have the retarded idea that total war games can't be large scale. My answer - Rome and Medieval I&II

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

Renaissance.But with more personality, more differences between countries, I mean really huge differences.
    Pike and shot. Huge castles to siege. Revamped siege engine. Make the sieges really dramatic and fun as it should be. People in the streets, helping you defend the city, or not. Living cities and castles.
    Naval battles with the proportions of the film Elizabeth the golden age.
    More cinema-like feeling in diplomacy, like the ambient and style found in TV series The Tudors or The Borgias.
    No ridiculous 160 men per unit, but 1.000 men at least. So you can muster armies of 50.000 soldiers.

etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    On this TWC forum we can open even 10 more polls to ask for next total war game.
    Nah, I'd just merge them with this one.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    @Anibal at Portas

YOu obviously have not played TW titles earlier than NTW or ETW. They're just so much better, but you still have the retarded idea that total war games can't be large scale. My answer - Rome and Medieval I&II

hahaha.
    since the 2000 year with shogun I.
    i have all games and all expansion of all totalwar saga.
    shogun,mongol invasion,medieval I,viking invasion,rome,barbarian invasion,alexander,medieval II,kingdoms,empire totalwar,napoleon totalwar and shogun II with many hours in every game.
    i play many mods as rome total realism,europa barbarorum,lotrtw,roma surrectun,four age,invasio barbarorum,broken crescent,third age,american civil war etc.
    i prefer a game based in period and region concrete as for example the second punic war that a horrible generalist campaign in risk game style very bored,superficial,empty of content and antihistorical.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; April 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    hahaha.
    since the 2000 year with shogun I.
    i have all games and all expansion of all totalwar saga.
    shogun,mongol invasion,medieval I,viking invasion,rome,barbarian invasion,alexander,medieval II,kingdoms,empire totalwar,napoleon totalwar and shogun II with many hours in every game.
    i play many mods as rome total realism,europa barbarorum,lotrtw,roma surrectun,four age,invasio barbarorum,broken crescent,third age,american civil war etc.
    Then you would know small scale is good, but big scale is better. More variety.

Then you would know small scale is good, but big scale is better. More variety.
    no,not more variety,more repetition,because CA not like the hard work and then with a generalist game all units are generalist as in medieval I and II and the empire.
    a campaign for example of ancient world of all europe,north africa and middle east need 300 or 400 factions and thousands of units types,a huge database,historical generals,events and military reforms for every faction.
    is better a game focused in a concrete period.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; April 29, 2011 at 12:17 PM.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

i would love a 1600-1700 / 30year war total war game =P since that was really the end of Knights and bows and the start of Modern warfare (1700-1850 style warfare Muskets line battles and artillery)

Rome II Total War
    praise the lord

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    no,not more variety,more repetition,because CA not like the hard work and then with a generalist game all units are generalist as in medieval I and II and the empire.
    a campaign for example of ancient world of all europe,north africa and middle east need 300 or 400 factions and thousands of units types,a huge database,historical generals,events and military reforms for every faction.
    is better a game focused in a concrete period.
    Ever heard of the REBEL FACTION? It's there fore gameplay reasons, besides, in Rome you had tons of variety. Over-the-top variety, whereas, in Medieval II, there is no variety because THERE WAS NONE. All western European armies were essentially the same.

I hope for a epic scale type of game like empire or medieval 2, not the small scale like napoleon and shogun2 .

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by igotballsofsteel View Post
    I hope for a epic scale type of game like empire or medieval 2 Rome, not the small scale like napoleon and shogun2 .
    Fix'd

Foederatus

Medieval 3 total war

Quote Originally Posted by Samourai View Post
    Medieval 3 Rome II total war
    Fix'd

I sincerely hope they make a Rome 2 in the near future, but I think they ought to leave it till 2014 - the tenth anniversary of the original (that ought to leave some of us enough time to save up for a good system!)

In the mean time they could go down to nice routes in connection to Shogun 2 - one they could keep the Asian setting and do the next Total War game about mainland Asia, with a Total War game set in Ancient or Medieval China; think about it - The rise of Imperial China under Emperor Ch'in? The Three Kingdoms? The Mongol invasion and the rise of the Yuan dynasty? China has a lot of epic options for the series, as does Asia in general.

Another option is to go with Shogun 2's particular era - 16th/17th centuries, and go back to Europe with a Renaissance Total War. It wasn't until quite recently that I realised what a fascinating era for a Total War that the Renaissance could be. It was like a mix between Medieval and Empire. On the one hand you still have armoured Gothic Knights, crossbowmen and longbowmen, and men clad in iron amrour -but on the other you had the rise of professional armies, complete with cannons and fire-armed infantry. All the while Ancient Greek and Roman tactics and formations dominated the battlefield. It's a great era filled with massive technological advances, larger than life personalities, epic land and naval battles - everything you need for a great game in the series.

Fix'd
    Fix'd
    Cocroach, please don't do this for every post that does not say Rome II.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

I would greatly prefer Empire II to Rome II

The best and most immersive era seen so far was Medieval. So I voted for a third try.
    And it is desperately needed. Cause when created with the warscape engine it would be the only era we had seen with every TW engine.

But when not developing any sequels then I would love to see Renaissance:TW. I think the battles and units would be very diverse, colourful and interesting. Old fashioned swords, bows and spears as well as arquebuses, crossbows and cannons. And more diverse ship types and naval actions compared to Empire:TW. You would see many galleys as well as other types like xebec, dhows, caravells, galeons, galleasses, carracks, early ships of the line with much more bording operations as well as ramming other ships.