View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 184358596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1501

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

The next Total War game will be Rome 2.

Era aside, I'd be more interested in the gameplay improvements (not graphics), or what new stuff they plan to bring to the table.

and:

End of transmission...
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post
    No they didn't. They announced it on their website a few weeks before. Which is what I assumed they would do again this time, but it's looking less and less likely. As long as they announce it sometime soon so we can end the discussions on what game it will be and start the discussions on what cool new stuff will be in the game.
    Agreed! Just announce the damn era - surely you've already decided on it?

@Above poster - I hope you're right!

Anyway, seems that a lot of the guys are getting annoyed by people asking about Rome 2 all the time, so do what I've done and insert it into your sig.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

LordUhtred's Avatar Civis

I think I have seen one person before mention the Dark Ages, but I think that is the only era game other than Rome 2 CA can bring out that won't annoy me. It's depressing to a hardcore Total War fan to see all these people craving a Victorian Era because Total War always has and always will function far better as a melee strategy game.
    As far as I'm concerned Empire and Napoleon were average at best and I kinda lost interest in Total War altogether after Medieval 2 despite owning both Empire and Napoleon, yet when Shogun 2 came out even though there is such a limited map and limited unit roster I still far prefer it just because its works so much better, being melee.
    Dark Ages would be brilliant as it would bring the Vikings fully back and Anglo-Saxons etc, but other than that PLEASE MAKE ROME 2! Fingers crossed.

This is the overview on the job section for graphics programmer on creative assemblys website. I hope to god that this doesn't mean gunpowder for the next game.

"Position Overview:
    To work with the PC graphics engine team developing Total War. This is an opportunity to push the limits of graphics programming, and to make a real contribution to a world-leading strategy game franchise. This role will be both varied and challenging, including working with rendering systems for thousands of men, advanced smoke and impostering systems, and many other areas."

Quote Originally Posted by LordUhtred View Post
    This is the overview on the job section for graphics programmer on creative assemblys website. I hope to god that this doesn't mean gunpowder for the next game.

"Position Overview:
    To work with the PC graphics engine team developing Total War. This is an opportunity to push the limits of graphics programming, and to make a real contribution to a world-leading strategy game franchise. This role will be both varied and challenging, including working with rendering systems for thousands of men, advanced smoke and impostering systems, and many other areas."

I think people read into these way too much. Smoke will be in any type of Total War game no matter what era. And I assume that smoke and fire are some of the hardest things for graphic designers to make in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkas View Post
    I think it would be nice to see something different for a change. A lot of people play this game for the historical factor, creating alternate history through your command. But what if they did a fantasy style game? I've played through and beat dozens of campaigns in all the Total War games over the years, now it's the mods that bring me more entertainment. One of my favorite mods has to of been the Lord of the Rings mod. Mainly I liked it because it was one of the few mods that was actually well done and is being updated quite often. But in the middle of playing through a campaign and watching my men run around on the older game engine I sat back and wondered what a game would look like is CA were to make a fantasy game. It wouldn't have to follow a book or anything, CA could make up a unique story line all their own. This would open a floodgate of possibilities for the game. Instead of factions you could have multiple races, bringing a lot more diversity to a increasingly stale game. And the spectrum of units you could take would be outrageous. They could make any unit they wanted, do what every they wanted with those units and and give each faction/race and set of unique units. Fantasy is a blank check, no limits. Without having to follow historical accuracies they could balance the units how they please, making online play a lot more pleasant. Not to mention there could also be new battlefield affects such as various magic. For anyone who has ever played Warhammer Fantasy tabletop, imagine a single mage embedded into an army that would have various magic spells you would choose beforehand. Be a destructive mage and cast fire upon your enemies, or be a supporting mage and boost the speed or defenses of your own forces. Hell that would even make a cool avatar idea, make your avatar be a mage, warrior or whatnot.

At least thats my two cents.
    Fantasy like the one in "dominions 3" would work well for TW game.

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post
    I think people read into these way too much. Smoke will be in any type of Total War game no matter what era. And I assume that smoke and fire are some of the hardest things for graphic designers to make in a game.
    It's more the fact that it says "advanced smoke", I'm well aware pretty much any Total War will have smoke but the fact that they specifically mentions it in the job description means a lot more. They don't need amazing graphics engineers to do a bit of atmospheric smoke this implies that the smoke needs to especially good which would never matter in any game other than a gunpowder one I reckon.

General Dan's Avatar Tiro

That advance smoke gave me alot of hope in a victorean or ww1 plus if you look at the proof of ww1 total war thread, it shows that ca has a job description asking for vehicles. Im not sure the specifics though, its been awhile. To add to this ive just heard from word of mouth that CA has said in a depths of the forums that rome 2 isnt thier next game.

Berbers of the Riffian's Avatar Civis

Voted for the greek one. i just love the way the greeks used their goverment and warfare also diplomacy and bringing all these in to a total war game would be Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by General Dan View Post
    That advance smoke gave me alot of hope in a victorean or ww1 plus if you look at the proof of ww1 total war thread, it shows that ca has a job description asking for vehicles. Im not sure the specifics though, its been awhile. To add to this ive just heard from word of mouth that CA has said in a depths of the forums that rome 2 isnt thier next game.
    Awh no if not Rome 2 it better be in the Dark Ages, at the very least melee or I'll be very upset
    And I remember that vehicles thing I was reading the forum at the time, that could mean anything really a wagon or cart is technically a vehicle

To add to this ive just heard from word of mouth that CA has said in a depths of the forums that rome 2 isnt thier next game.
    Pics or it did not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post

Era aside, I'd be more interested in the gameplay improvements (not graphics), or what new stuff they plan to bring to the table.

and:

End of transmission...
    No it won't.

I think I have seen one person before mention the Dark Ages, but I think that is the only era game other than Rome 2 CA can bring out that won't annoy me. It's depressing to a hardcore Total War fan to see all these people craving a Victorian Era because Total War always has and always will function far better as a melee strategy game.
    As far as I'm concerned Empire and Napoleon were average at best and I kinda lost interest in Total War altogether after Medieval 2 despite owning both Empire and Napoleon, yet when Shogun 2 came out even though there is such a limited map and limited unit roster I still far prefer it just because its works so much better, being melee.
    Dark Ages would be brilliant as it would bring the Vikings fully back and Anglo-Saxons etc, but other than that PLEASE MAKE ROME 2! Fingers crossed.
    You are aware that every TW title, aside from Rome, has utilised gunpowder weaponry, correct?
    Last edited by Colonel Dax; May 25, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    No it won't.

You are aware that every TW title, aside from Rome, has utilised gunpowder weaponry, correct?
    Of course I know, but you can hardly say those games were gun powder games just because they feature SOME guns, and not in Medieval till the very, very, very, end; the gunpowder units in Shogun 2 (before FotS) are pretty much ignored completely and although I've never played them properly I can imagine this is the case in MTW and STW. Just because a football match has a coke advert, doesnt mean that match becomes a coke commercial, those games have nothing really to do with gunpowder, this games still focus on melee

The gameplay of TW has nothing to do with ww1 (line formation battles ), furthermore what about planes ,submarines ,zeppelins etc? I think (and HOPE) Victorian will be the next Total War game

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    How would it be any different than Empire TW and how would it be nothing short of bloody compared to other TW games?
    Because Early America doesnt start when the europeans come, I find it a bit silly that everyone absolutly needs to see Europeans in everything when mass scale battled, complex politics and huge cities already existed in America.
    Its untouched and violent as hell, but people keep on talking about victorian age which is pretty much empire total war with the british even more op'ed.
    And Rome 2, which would be a sequel after a sequel.

If you must have your europeans though then throw in the spaniards and portuguese as "hordes" or in the expansion pack or something. But I know thats a fools dream, I saw how petty people got about Shogun 2.
    Last edited by saxdude; May 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

"Position Overview:
    Smoke could also be billowing from a burning village, as the crosses are put up one by one.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    No it won't.

What makes you so unbelievably sure?

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

You'd think they could work on the heavily needed gameplay and AI, given that the graphics are advanced enough as it is without having to buy another computer.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    You'd think they could work on the heavily needed gameplay and AI, given that the graphics are advanced enough as it is without having to buy another computer.
    I'm with you - the graphics are fine as they are. Work on the gameplay and AI, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    What makes you so unbelievably sure?
    Just a hunch.