View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1501

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Exactly what I said when Shogun 2 was announced. CA got lazy and decided to water the system down. It became Total War for Dummies. The rock-paper-scissors system was absolutely boring thinning the units down as they did. It put clone armies front and center, and ruined the game. And no matter how much the Shogun fanatics here try to spin it, repainted units with stat tweaks do *not* constitute "unique rosters."
    Quite agree!

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

RTW II FTW!

Space - Total War or maybe Universe - Total War. Conquer space. Could have map of the solar system or more. Would also like to see a random map generator.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I'd really like a new ETW, but I doubt that will happen in the near future.

ryder_alexander's Avatar Laetus

Roma Victor! Bring the legions, phalanx, companions, barbarians back!

I'd like a native america total war with the various indigineous groups across North and South America.

You know pit Apachi, Huron, Blackfoot, Aztec, Great Plains, Iroquos, etc into a game.

Love your idea Xebenkeck.

Even is they somehow, but not likely make a WW1 Total war, #1 thing to put in, slow Aerial battles!

Didn't they say that Napoleon era was the limit and that there would be no 19, 20 century game ?

Real warfare : China!!! coming soon!

Hope it's Ancient China .. wet pants time!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...807#post426807

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I think it would be nice to see something different for a change. A lot of people play this game for the historical factor, creating alternate history through your command. But what if they did a fantasy style game? I've played through and beat dozens of campaigns in all the Total War games over the years, now it's the mods that bring me more entertainment. One of my favorite mods has to of been the Lord of the Rings mod. Mainly I liked it because it was one of the few mods that was actually well done and is being updated quite often. But in the middle of playing through a campaign and watching my men run around on the older game engine I sat back and wondered what a game would look like is CA were to make a fantasy game. It wouldn't have to follow a book or anything, CA could make up a unique story line all their own. This would open a floodgate of possibilities for the game. Instead of factions you could have multiple races, bringing a lot more diversity to a increasingly stale game. And the spectrum of units you could take would be outrageous. They could make any unit they wanted, do what every they wanted with those units and and give each faction/race and set of unique units. Fantasy is a blank check, no limits. Without having to follow historical accuracies they could balance the units how they please, making online play a lot more pleasant. Not to mention there could also be new battlefield affects such as various magic. For anyone who has ever played Warhammer Fantasy tabletop, imagine a single mage embedded into an army that would have various magic spells you would choose beforehand. Be a destructive mage and cast fire upon your enemies, or be a supporting mage and boost the speed or defenses of your own forces. Hell that would even make a cool avatar idea, make your avatar be a mage, warrior or whatnot.

At least thats my two cents.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

I think they should go all out dadaist and make "Potato: Total War" once and for all.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Didn't they say that Napoleon era was the limit and that there would be no 19, 20 century game ?
    I have a strong feeling that they did not, in fact, say that.

I base this opinion on the fact that they actually have made a 19th century game.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I have a strong feeling that they did not, in fact, say that.

I base this opinion on the fact that they actually have made a 19th century game.
    I would be surprised if they said that too. If they did Napoleon and Fall of the Samurai there's no reason they wouldn't do Victorian. I could see them saying that Victorian would be the limit and there would be no WWI or WW2 era. But I don't think I have ever heard them saying "We definitely won't do that" or anything along those lines.

didnt CA said they were gonna announce next title on may 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by nbpal3000 View Post
    didnt CA said they were gonna announce next title on may 18th?
    No they said they were going to have a big announcement on May 18th but they announced it early for some reason. It was just some stupid map editor or something I couldn't give 2 craps about. They need to stop with these editors and whatever Total War Battles is and just tell us what the next game is already.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I was thinking a game on the "Age of Discovery" might be cool. It would span Europe, eastern and southeast Asia, North America, northern South America, maybe India and some of Africa. Maybe some factions like the Aztec or any other non-Western factions could adapt technology (somewhat like the Apachean tribes in Kingdoms, but more realistic).
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

I pray for Victorian TW and for Rome 2 TW.
    Please, CA, hear my wishes. I promise to give you some cookies (a box or two)

Isn't E3 soon? I'd imagine we'd definitely hear by then?

Edit: I wonder who voted for Shogun 3...
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Fall of the Samurai pretty much threw that out the window, now didn't it? Not to mention the fact the that the Napoleonic Wars were in the 19th Century...
    Last edited by Colonel Dax; May 18, 2012 at 07:12 AM.