View Poll Results: What total war whould you like to be next one?

Voters
975. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Greece Total War

54 5.54%
  • Ancient China Total War (+- 300 B.C.)

61 6.26%
  • Rome II Total War

474 48.62%
  • Victorian Age Total War

81 8.31%
  • Africa Total War (colonisation period)

5 0.51%
  • World War I Total War

42 4.31%
  • World War II Total War

19 1.95%
  • Modern Total War(fare)

5 0.51%
  • Future Total War

5 0.51%
  • Fantasy Total War

22 2.26%
  • Shogun III Total War

3 0.31%
  • Prehistoric Total War

7 0.72%
  • Early American Total War (Inca, Mayan, Aztec, etc.)

6 0.62%
  • Medieval III Total War

60 6.15%
  • Ancient Egypt Total War

7 0.72%
  • Renaissance Total War

55 5.64%
  • US Civil War...Total War

19 1.95%
  • Empire 2 Total War

29 2.97%
  • Other (Post In Thread)

21 2.15%
Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1501

Thread: Next Total War Game Discussion

Default Re: Next Total War Game Discussion

If they do make Rome 2, surely they have to have more factions open at the start than just Rome?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    If they do make Rome 2, surely they have to have more factions open at the start than just Rome?
    I imagine. CA seem to have dropped unlockable factions after Medieval II (except for the United States in Empire).

crisis of the 3rd century

Quote Originally Posted by Xuande View Post
    China : OK. There were some british adventurers involved in the Taiping war, but that was not an official British engagement.
    You left out the two Opium Wars and the Boxer Rebellion by accident?
    Seriously, I do not understand why "Colonial wars" should not count. The Zulu War, the Boer Wars, the Sepoy Rebellion... of course they were fought against "minor" enemies, compared with the British Empire, but the Romans also fought most of their wars (in the RTW timeframe) against "barbarians". The Punic Wars qualify as clash between major powers, but the Crimean War also involved three major powers (Britain, France, Russia...). So the differences IMO are not thaaat big.

Focusing on the name issue only, of course there could be other names:
    Imperialism: TW (too close to Empire?)
    Colonlialism: TW (leaving out all major wars like FP war, ACW, Crimean...)
    Industrialization: TW (sounds like an economic game rather?)
    etc etc etc

You see, every name has its pros and cons...

Of all the things to get upset about, honestly. I guess we are so starved of information about what the next game will be. Just tell us CA!

Should definitely be Rome 2, as it's clearly what most of the players want. Also, it seems to be the timeframe people are most interested in, so it would be the best choice for attracting new players as well as bringing back veterans.

Think of all the people that would rush out to buy new computers for it, not only would CA be making a great game that will rake in millions of dollars, they would be stimulating the global economy, well at least for countries that manufacture computer parts
    Last edited by Drustan; May 11, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."- The last words of General John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in the American civil war

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Why are there so many people wanting a WW1 total war? its a completely stupid idea.. sure there are hardly any games surrounding this event but thats probably because it would be the most boring game ever.. you start off with a huge empire allianced with other empires vs another alliance that are bogged down in a stalemate.. the combat just wouldnt work at all.. battle maps would need to be 10 times bigger at least and everything will just turn into a bloody campfest until one side gets sick of it and decides to charge to his death.. modern warfare and tw games are never going to happen, at least not in a good way

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Some people want it, other people just forecast it, since the that seems to be the current trend.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drustan View Post
    Should definitely be Rome 2, as it's clearly what most of the players want. Also, it seems to be the timeframe people are most interested in, so it would be the best choice for attracting new players as well as bringing back veterans.

Think of all the people that would rush out to buy new computers for it, not only would CA be making a great game that will rake in millions of dollars, they would be stimulating the global economy, well at least for countries that manufacture computer parts

Oh really? And tell me, oh wise Drustan, who are these, "Most People"?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Me and the rest 424 who voted so.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Yeah I know that it's only a sample size of like 840 people, but when one option gets over 50% of the votes and the next closest doesn't even have 8% I think that's a pretty clear indicator that most people want Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post
    Yeah I know that it's only a sample size of like 840 people, but when one option gets over 50% of the votes and the next closest doesn't even have 8% I think that's a pretty clear indicator that most people want Rome 2.
    I don't want Rome 2, and as an Anglo-Scot, my vote obviously counts as that of 100 men (at least in the real world. Unfortunately, online polls that reflect the majesty of the Britons have yet to be created).

By virtue of British hegemony, my voice speaks for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    I don't want Rome 2, and as an Anglo-Scot, my vote obviously counts as that of 100 men (at least in the real world. Unfortunately, online polls that reflect the majesty of the Britons have yet to be created).

By virtue of British hegemony, my voice speaks for many.

rome for me please

hey when will this campaighn be ready

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post

You mean, 424 people out of the 8000 active members of this site, right?

And of those 8000, even less actually own a Total War game.

This website is hardly a speck of dust compared to the numbers of sales TW games get, and the game with the most sales, ever, is Empire.

So, I think that's a pretty clear indicator that people aren't as interested in Rome as you would like to think.

I, personally, would love a second Rome Total War. But I don't let that fool me into thinking that's what we're gonna get, just because I want it.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

dark ages + arabia's golden ages game

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dax View Post
    There were plenty of armed conflicts in the 19th and early 20th centuries, many of which involved established powers, including:

• Anglo-Afghan Wars
    • Mexican-American War
    • American Civil War
    • Revolutions of 1848
    • Italian Wars of Independance
    • American Indian Wars
    • First Schleswig War
    • Māori Wars
    • Crimean War
    • Opium Wars
    • Taiping Rebellion
    • The Great Game
    • Second Schleswig War
    • The Sepoy Mutiny
    • Austro-Prussian War
    • Franco-Prussian War
    • Scramble For Africa
    • Italo-Ethiopian Wars
    • Boer Wars
    • Spanish-American War
    • Russo-Japanese War
    • Sino-French War
    • Boxer Rebellion
    • Anglo-Zanzibar War (all 40 minutes of it)
    • Sino-Japanese War
    • Greco-Turkish War
    ..and would the average mug war game player know about 20% of these ?? no. if CA was smart, they'd quickly pump out a ACW with the current engine, and start to build a new engine for Rome2. Yes, WW1 might turn into a huge camp-fest .. .. but TW players seem to be a tad smarter then WW1 field marshals, i can imagine mass attacks, break throughs, support ??, counter attacks, flanking attacks through norway and Greece, mass supply support for fragile Russia etc. Just because actual leaders during WW1 weren't that good doesn't mean TW wont be .. i can image history being totally rewritten (hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

You mean, 424 people out of the 8000 active members of this site, right?
    It is not my fault that they didn't vote.

You are right. That isn't a good indicator. I counted down and 840 people voted,which isn't enough,but the fact is that out of 840 votes 426 are for Rome which is the majority,and you can't tell for what would the other 7160 people vote for.

This website is hardly a speck of dust compared to the numbers of sales TW games get, and the game with the most sales, ever, is Empire.
    I like Empire also. The fact is that they are getting better and better with every total war they make.

I, personally, would love a second Rome Total War. But I don't let that fool me into thinking that's what we're gonna get, just because I want it.
    And yes, the wishes rarely come true. That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    ..and would the average mug war game player know about 20% of these ?? no. if CA was smart, they'd quickly pump out a ACW with the current engine, and start to build a new engine for Rome2. Yes, WW1 might turn into a huge camp-fest .. .. but TW players seem to be a tad smarter then WW1 field marshals, i can imagine mass attacks, break throughs, support ??, counter attacks, flanking attacks through norway and Greece, mass supply support for fragile Russia etc. Just because actual leaders during WW1 weren't that good doesn't mean TW wont be .. i can image history being totally rewritten (hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

R
    I dare say that the phrases "If CA was smart..." and "...Quickly pump out..." ought never to be placed in the same sentence.